Hard to ignore cutting down nets

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by exiledgator, Jan 28, 2014.

1. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,129
    Addressed it, but without statistics. That's where the statistics would have the MOST context.
  2. DoctorGator

DoctorGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +224
    Won't quibble with you. Pretty much agree. But if we hit our free throws down the stretch, down the stretch, we've got a really good shot.
  3. GatorRade

GatorRade Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +771
    Well, there is obviously going to be some challenges to determining what exactly "good execution" vs. "fair execution", but even if we did figure that out, we would have a severe multiple comparisons problem. But I certainly agree with you that execution is the ideal metric here, which is why I defended Boynton last year when he missed an open jump shot at the buzzer to lose a game. That he got an open jump shot was the success to me.
  4. 08gatorbait

08gatorbait Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +968
    I don't want to even remotely be on the negative side of the argument and hate I'm in that position now lol. If you read any of my post here you know I love this team and I actually over hype them far to often and people like Rade bring me down to earth. But you can't enter the tourney as a fan with the mindset of very good chance with this depth in CBB. This year many, many teams have highlighted on their calender as their best chance. From Kansas to UK to Michigan State to Arizona...there is so much depth man..it's hard to feel any form of absolute because of that. I think this is our best team since the title teams, but this is also a great field of competition.
  5. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,129
    Still though Rade, anything else is just numbers. It would be a heck of a lot of work, but that's where the true answers lie. The true answers don't lie with what Ken did. That's just a portion of the story.

But in short, it is about execution. Yes, we are on the same page there completely. Are you getting good shots in those instances? And if you are, what are some reasons that you may be getting those good shots. There are a number of reasons a team may be getting good shots in those instances. If they are doing it consistently, my guess is it would be they have some guys who are well versed in how to perform well down the stretch in games.