Hanoi Jane Praised By Samatha Power

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by diehardgator1, Nov 7, 2013.

1. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

and what would that accomplish? to make sure people didn't say things we didn't like?
  2. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

With all the cosmetic surgery Jane has had she looks like a boy these days.
  3. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

You really don't get how her actions fall outside the rubric of free speech, do you? Total mystery to you.
  4. rivergator

Yes, I know. you REALLY don't like it.
  5. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

No, River - she was free to say whatever she wants. All of them were, and anyone else is today. That's the beauty of America. What she physically DID by going over there and being an active part of their propaganda machine, and the damage she did to those POWs (yes, I understand accounts vary in severity, so I'm leaving out the "urban legend" portions about the slips of paper as an example) - THAT crossed the line of free speech and protest and became an active support of an enemy.

Should she have been executed? No I wouldn't go that far. She should've seen jail/substantial fines, though.

And that goes for anyone of any party. Once you cross the line of free speech and go OVER THERE, chuckle it up with the enemy, do radio for them, etc, THAT deserves some kind of charges. Now, it didn't happen. She obviously can't be jailed for something that happened 40 years ago like that. Even murder has a statute of limitations.

But she's earned and will continue to earn the ire and, yes, hatred that she's been getting and will continue to get. It's the other side of the coin of free speech. She and her like are free to speak as they have, insult others, call POW liars and maligners, etc. Everyone else who disagrees is welcome to call her a hateful, spiteful, treasonous, hypocritical, poor excuse for a human being.
  6. MichiGator2002

Well, really, offering someone $10k to kill a spouse... also free speech, I guess. Fonda's free expression took on different legal significance when she chose to let herself become the pin-up for a uniformed enemy of this country actively trying to kill our men. If Vince Lombardi had gone over there and given them a rousing speech to motivate then in battle, same thing -- no longer free speech, now aid and comfort to an enemy.
    icequeen likes this.
  7. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Jane, you ignorant slut...
  8. rivergator

No, hiring a hitman has an actual outcome. What did her words actually do? Do you really know that they helped the VC to fight harder?

Keep in mind, I read many times on Too Hot during the Iraq war that those of us opposed to war were encouraging our enemy.
  9. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Jane went to a place where Americans were being tortured ...

An act to comfort the enemy while Americans were dying is treason.

She will always be a traitor to this nation... Who the hell do you think the gun she sat on was pointed at. Other Americans.

Defending her won't change that opinion ever!
  10. MichiGator2002

Let me ask you a question first -- why is treason defined to include aid and comfort to the enemy? Do you not understand how it is harmful and genuinely don't know why it is in there, or do just not know "aid" or "comfort" when you see it?

BTW: the only people whose opposition to the Iraq war flirted with treason were the utter douchetards who were trying to go be "human shields" or the ones trying to block gates to piers for loading equipment, weapons, and supplies for our forces.