Hand to.....

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by G8RNTN, Nov 14, 2013.

1. ufballer86

ufballer86 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    where'd he go again?
  2. G8R92

G8R92 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603
    Hard to argue with their success in getting guys drafted and on NFL rosters.
  3. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Bama
  4. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Idk but I hope there is
  5. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,251
    AZ, when we lost Miller, you said that he wasn't an ideal fit for us either. Do you think now he is a better fit?
  6. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    yeah my mind changed when I saw how we used Powell early in the season. Muschamp had talked about being more of a odd man front team but I didnt really believe him and I dont think Miller did either. He said as much that we were more 4-3 than 3-4. But that seemed to be we didnt have the personnel for what they wanted to do last season. They got Rolin to flip by telling him we were going to be running a 3-4 and they have recruited like it and played like it now so I believe. We were really running a 3-3-5 at times

I was holding out hope we could flip him back since Corey Miller has such a good relationship with Lawing but the way the season has gone there is probably no chance of that happening.

Millers Sr tape http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1583457/highlights/58874376
  7. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +631
    My goodness.

They are recruiting at a level that no team in the history of college football has ever come close to. It's one thing to get your share; it's another to just blow the entire college football world out of the water. And that's what they do over there. Generally, when the services release their final rankings, they're at least a couple hundred points better than any other team.

Why can't we recruit like that? Florida has perhaps the greatest resource at it's disposal surrounding its campus: the State of Florida. I understand the supposed "loyalty" many instate prospects feel they're obligated to, and I get that many players from that state are either locks to 'Bama or Auburn by the time they're out of diapers, and that Florida has to deal with many out-of-state schools (as well as instate) in competition for the state's top athletes, but come on. Yes, the state of Florida is a different dynamic, but if Saban was at FSU, Florida or Miami he'd kill it. I think he'd be bringing in even better classes than the ones he's getting right now.

Does it seem like every time we get a four-star linebacker or tight end that they ('Bama) respond by bringing in the top corner/defensive tackle/middle linebacker prospect in the country? Or is it just me?
  8. ufballer86

ufballer86 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    this is a level i think muschamp will reach in time. doubt saban will even be there for this class's senior year. i think we'll pull away from fswho and miamuh eventually bc of the secs increased revenue. get a couple of solid seasons in a row and we'll have fl recruiting on lock down
  9. iam4uf

iam4uf Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +477
    No, it's not but the players are basically recruited & screened a 2nd time for success. It's a lot easier when you don't make mistakes with selecting players because they're "kicked" if they don't fit.

I guess they're not violating rules, so it's okay. UF chooses to do things differently, so we have to accept the results or change. It appears f$u is now signing as many players as Bama. If that results in success what will UF do?
  10. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,915
    Probably nothing. You can't over recruit talent if you don't show results on the field. It's not easy over signing with great players.
  11. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    lol you are the worst
  12. bamascott2

bamascott2 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I had no idea that we got him until tonight...awesome job by our staff. Saban is relentless in every facet of CFB.

I think we've now got verbals from 12 or 14 states now. Coast to coast.

I saw a note from a columnist about Hand's commitment - said Saban was breaking down film today, got the word about Hand, raised an eyebrow and went back to watching tape.
  13. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,915
    Thanks AZZ.
  14. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +631
    Enjoy the success while it lasts, man. There's nobody doing what he and his staff are doing in college football right now. Can't argue that. In a sad sort of way, he's almost taken the fun out of following recruiting-at least he has for me. I mean, you have people on this board (myself included) who would be hysterical if Dalvin Cook flipped and went elsewhere; Saban would respond by brining in two 5-star running backs, and an electrifying, explosive 4-star athlete (projected to line up in the backfield in college) in the following class, if he lost a guy like Cook. The man is a real life pirate. He's gangster.

But everybody knows things change. 'Bama won't be on top forever. Eventually the man will step down. You can argue all day that 'Bama is built for sustained success, it's a prideful program, and that the Tide will replace Saban with somebody just as focused and successful, but I don't buy that. It goes back to normal when he rolls out.
  15. bamascott2

bamascott2 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Yeah, this run is definitely an anomaly. I'm not taking it for granted at all. This has to top Bear's run in the 60's and 70's.

I just hope that there's a solid plan in place for what we do when Saban leaves. We will have expect excellence, but temper those expectations with the reality that that level of performance will unlikely be duplicated again.

Can you imagine what Spurrier could have done at UF if he'd put a little more effort in recruiting?
  16. masterswordmaster

masterswordmaster Member

Ratings Received:
    +36
  17. rjp4u

rjp4u Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    Why not go to Bama?

Why should a recruit not go to Bama?

1. They win every year.
    2. The SEC office makes sure that they change their schedule every few years so they never have to play any SEC East power teams on the road.
    3. The NCAA will never punish them for misdeeds.
    4. They can get free money from strength coaches (see Clinton Dix).
    5. Their financial boosters are masters of financial boosting (Means).
    6. They have beautiful ladies for their players (See A.J.'s girl).
    7. Their coaches make illegal contacts (See Demarcus Walker).
    8. It is an easy road to the NFL, where most underachieve (Ingram, Richardson).

Bama is bulletproof, but there alumni will tell you they run a clean program.

Why should a recruit not go to Bama? They get perks no other NCAA school gets. Don't shoot the messenger, just stating the obvious.
  18. FLIPCUP

FLIPCUP Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,768
    Butt hurt immediately above me.
  19. 2gator2

2gator2 Member

Ratings Received:
    +4
    I don't agree with any of this, but I wouldn't go to Bama because it is located in the state of Alabama and that sounds terrible.
  20. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +416
    You gotta love it...
    Their license plates say, "Alabama The Beautiful."

To that I respond:

The Beautiful What???

The real irony is that Alabama really has no distinctive key to attach itself to.
    Florida is The Sunshine State...
    Georgia is the Peach State...
    South Carolina is the Palmetto State...
    Mississippi is the Magnolia State....

Alabama???
    "The Beautiful"
    The Beautiiful What??? Get my point...

Alabama...
    "The Iron Ore... Mobile Home... Waffle House...Let's Work At Home Depot State"...