Great article on the "U"

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by sevmonster, Nov 21, 2013.

1. sevmonster

sevmonster Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +146
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Warpear

Warpear New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I would say....not really. Golden came into a much worse situation than Muschamp. Miami was at the very least equivalently talent-shy (and I would say the talent was MUCH lower at Miami, but wtf do I know), there was a giant scandal which COULD have evolved into something, Miami's previous coach had almost zero success versus Urban Meyer who DID have quite a bit of success until what...the last two years or so?, AND Miami has no stadium near campus and their move out to Ft Lauderdale away from the old Orange Bowl has made their attendance woes reach almost hilarious levels.

So Golden was/is facing a much tougher challenge than Muschamp. There's nothing wrong with Florida that a good coach (who knows, maybe Muschamp himself) couldn't fix. Miami on the other hand has institutional problems that aren't going away (scandal, stadium, other).
  3. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    LoL. Replace the names and change out "defense" for "offense" and they just about nailed it.

4. FakeRickSutcliffe

FakeRickSutcliffe Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +393
    I love the phrase, “The Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations.” It really is a brilliant choice of words in describing what it describes, which is that the lowering of expectations due to seemingly-entrenched mediocrity is not fair to anyone, least of which those who ostensibly benefit from having lower bars to hurdle.

That was a really well-written article. I'm sincerely surprised that someone was willing and able to put that much intelligent thought into breaking down Hurricane football.