Govt's own hypocrisy is what makes people furious

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by geauxgator1, Jun 23, 2013.

1. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +987
    Well then, I am sorry.

Carry on.
  2. neisgator

neisgator Belligerent Gator

Ratings Received:
    +106
    How about reading comprehension issues?
  3. neisgator

Ratings Received:
    +106
    Correct.

That would describe Dems to a "t"

Pubs are hypocrites as well, that is why (among other reasons) I am not one.

Pubs are simply not in the same universe on the hypocrite scale, which is the point.
  4. GatorRade

GatorRade Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +569
    I'll agree that the insults are unnecessary. We should be able to disagree without childish outbursts.

As for your specific example of hypocrisy regarding Bush, we've covered it on here twice, and it is most certainly not a condition limited to liberals that bashed Bush. We've known about this partisan bias for quite some time.

However, as river intimated, this thread was about government itself. I believe it to be impossible for government to be hypocritical, as it is not a single-headed entity, but a complex emergent phenomenon.
  5. GatorRade

Ratings Received:
    +569
    I assume this post is another sarcastic insult at my expense, but I am really having trouble comprehending it.
  6. LittleBlueLW

Ratings Received:
    +987
    I apologized. Take it or leave it. Or in hypocritical fashion, call someone childish.

So groups of individuals cannot act in a hypocritical manner? Since when and on what planet?
  7. GatorRade

Ratings Received:
    +569
    Hey, you're almost the only person to ever apologize for unprovoked terse words on this board, so I'll always take it. Although, it came with it's own insult, so I'm certainly feeling that there is a good chance that your apology isn't backed by sincerity.

Please understand that I never called you childish, LW. I called your outburst childish. Sardonically referring us "sherlock" and "genius" is something that I do not view in the realm of the common decency of adulthood. You can disagree, I guess, but I would hope that you wouldn't.

Well I guess it depends upon your definition of hypocritical, but neither river nor I believe that the concept of hypocrisy should apply to separate beings disagreeing. Now if "The 42nd Elk's Lodge of Lakeland" (a made up entity), releases a statement that they support the endanger species act, and simultaneously "The 42nd Elk's Lodge of Lakeland" sends a big check to rhino poachers, sure that group can be hypocritical.

On the hand, if one lodge member, Bob, says, "Hey, let's protect rhinos" and another, Joes, says "Let's hunt them", I do not view this as hypocrisy. This is disagreement. The fact that these people are both lodge members is irrelevant. They are both men, humans, and presumably old too, but you probably wouldn't go around saying "Old people are hypocrites, just look at how Bob and Joe don't agree about everything in the world."

That's all we are trying to say.
  8. LittleBlueLW

Ratings Received:
    +987
    Now your just acting like a drama queen. Note I didnt actually call you a drama queen, just that your rather long winded and weird detail of my apology was something I'd expect from a woman.

Your whole disagreement amounts to splitting hairs. Look at the very first example in the OP link and tell me that isnt hypocritical behavior. Are those that voted that way part of the government? Yes. Are they the whole government? No. So what you really are bent about is that a more accurate title should have been used? How about substitute 'politicians' for 'government'? Would that suit you?
  9. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,489
    wow. you do like to throw out insults don't you? again, I'd suggest you take a deep breath and actually try to understand the thread rather than continue to spit out the sophomoric stuff.
  10. GatorRade

Ratings Received:
    +569
    Let's just drop it. You'd probably be better off discussing this with the posters that are willing engage your insult fetish.
  11. LittleBlueLW

Ratings Received:
    +987
    Is that why the mods removed yours? Or did you edit it thinking no one would notice?
  12. LittleBlueLW

Ratings Received:
    +987
    Read your boys stuff before sticking your neck out for him.
  13. GatorRade

Ratings Received:
    +569
    No idea what you are talking about here. I simply do not appreciate rude comments.
  14. LittleBlueLW

Ratings Received:
    +987
    Here it is again since you forgot you typed it:

Hey, you're almost the only person to ever apologize for unprovoked terse words on this board, so I'll always take it. Although, it came with it's own insult, so I'm certainly feeling that there is a good chance that your apology isn't backed by sincerity.

Please understand that I never called you childish, LW. I called your outburst childish. Sardonically referring us "sherlock" and "genius" is something that I do not view in the realm of the common decency of adulthood. You can disagree, I guess, but I would hope that you wouldn't.
  15. GatorRade

Ratings Received:
    +569
  16. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,489
    you've already thrown insults at me when you were completely mistaken about what was being discussed. again, i suggest you slow down, read what's being posted and try to add substance rather than simply insults.
  17. LittleBlueLW

Ratings Received:
    +987
    Your boy stirred up this crap after I apologized already. Not again.

Sorry I allowed myself to get sucked into his BS.
  18. GatorRade

Ratings Received:
    +569
    This is just baffling, LW. You've repeatedly insulted me, calling me so far, "genius", "drama queen", "a woman", river's "boy" (twice), incorrectly accused me of dishonest posting, and referred to my words as "BS", blaming me for your childish behavior. And for the record, you actually never once apologized to me. And what egregious crime did I commit to you? I told you that these words are childish and insulting, and I asked you to please stop.

This is the last time that I will ask you: please stop. If you want to continue to personally attack me, send me a PM. Talk to me personally and tell me all these things right to me. Or better yet, learn to not say them at all.
  19. LittleBlueLW

Ratings Received:
    +987
    I apologize. Apparently I have not communicated my thoughts to you very well.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. neisgator

Ratings Received:
    +106
    You got it.

Congratulations.

My apologies, I am out of stickers.