God Cares About You and Me

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mulegator, Feb 11, 2018.

1. mulegator

mulegator Neanderthal Ninja Vigilante Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,957
    Might I contribute this for the panel's consideration ?
    Genesis shows us that The Creator loves us. In Eden, He gave us a perfect world. Nothing pleases Him more than our happiness. He longs for us and wants a close relationship with us.
    The Creator gave us rules to live by - which are for our protection, life, health and happiness. “And the LORD God commanded the man, ‘You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die’” (Genesis 2:16-17). The Creator did not create robots. He gave us free will. We (mankind) screwed it all up by our willful disobedience, which is sin. We walked away from Paradise, from Eden.
    "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23). In spite of our turning away from Him, The Creator paid the ultimate price for our disobedience, for our sins, with the death of Jesus on the cross. The Son of God died for OUR sins. (Colossians 1:22; 1 Peter 1:19). If Jesus had not died for us, we would have to pay the full penalty (death) for our sins.
    Jesus said "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)
    Each one of us has the choice to accept, or to reject, this Gift of Life, which is Jesus the Christ.
    God is Love.
    God is Life.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +34,571
    Then he assumed that I didn't believe in the Christian scriptures and Jesus Christ...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mulegator

mulegator Neanderthal Ninja Vigilante Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,957
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2 The same was in the beginning with God.
    3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
    7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
    8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
    9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
    10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
    11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
    12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
    13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
    14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
    15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
    16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
    17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

John, Chapter One

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +761
    Could not disagree more. Where people go is a fa
    lol!!! How easy it is for preachers to move their sheep. No offense but you have been sold a
    Bitterly Anti Religious? Unsolicited? Actually I find team playing religions are a clear fools game. Don't like my message? Oh well.
  5. Gatormb

Gatormb GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,652
    Our last six 45 minute sermons have been on this verse:

1 Corinthians 13 New International Version (NIV)
    13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Gatormb

Gatormb GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,652
    Mule, when I was in rehab after my operation a Jehovah's Witness started witnessing. We talked about John 1:1. Their New World Translation Bible says the Word was a god (little g).

Got her to acknowledge the Word was Jesus and a god, just not THE God (Jehovah).
    I then took her to five different Isaiah 43 & 45 verses where Jehovah clearly states there are no gods besides Jehovah. Never have been. Never will be. Only one God and Jehovah is it.

Then I told her that she admitted Jesus was a god, Jehovah says there are no gods besides him, therefore Jesus & Jehovah are one! (The one god argument also works with Mormons who claim really good Mormons can become gods).

Then I took her to Revelation where she acknowledged the Alpha & Omega and the First and Last were Jehovah. Then I asked her to explain:

Rev 2:8

To the Church in Smyrna
    8 “To the angel of the church in Smyrna write:

These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.

I asked her when Jehovah died and came to life again. The look on her face was a MasterCard moment. Priceless!
  7. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +2,831
    And take that!!!!

Lol
  8. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,461
    Under Jewish law, "slaves" had to be treated as part of the family. There were different categories of slaves; people paying off debts (e.g. if they stole), captured peoples. It was not slavery like we iunderstand it.

Also, a Jewish court was considered a "hanging court" if it sentenced 2 people to death in 70 years. Many of the offenses punishable by death would not be because Jewish law requires 2 witnesses. So, an act committed privately would not be punished. Courts were required to find leniency.

The rules regarding war related to the wars commanded by G-d during the Torah period and conmcerning the conquest of Cannan. Wars today do not meet those definitions and the rules quoted do not apply. The quoted rules are a very narrow set of rules for very narrow circumstances.
  9. Gatormb

Gatormb GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,652
    And that's why they call you Grumpy! :cool::D
  10. Gatormb

Gatormb GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,652
    River. Jesus said ""I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me."

Question. You calling Jesus a liar or a lunatic? Which is it?

Go on record.
  11. Gatormb

Gatormb GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,652
    Just ordered a rear sticker for my truck.

[​IMG]
  12. Gatormb

Gatormb GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,652
    Rick, again and again the Bible calls for the "assembly of the saints". The church is the Bride of Christ. Here's one example:

Hebrews 10:23-3223Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another-and all the more as you see the Day approaching

R C Sproul said it best. There are two churches, the visible and invisible (true believers).

There are plenty of members of the visible church that ae NOT members of the invisible church. However there are few members of the invisible church that are not members of a visible church. Is it possible? Sure. It's also possible I'll shoot 65 this weekend but not likely.

Evidence, Rick. Evidence of salvation doesn't sound like ignoring the Bride of Christ. We're called to get off the milk diet and into the "meat". Tough to do that watching TV preachers.
  13. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,076
    "This is the Perversion of the Lord - Thanks Be to God" :(
  14. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +19,326

When you post a thread on TH then no matter the subject you open it up to disagreement. Condescending, snarky and disparaging posts are how TH rolls. Always has.

Our aim is to keep it from turning nasty and insulting.
  15. G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,612
    Religion is different from politics. For people who are sincerely religious, like many on this forum, those beliefs are more personal, deeply held and unwavering then their support for (or opposition to) the passing political figure or cause of the day. That being the case, there is little or no room between "condescending and snarky," and, "nasty and insulting," when it comes to talking negatively about people's religious views.

Not to mention, political issues potentially affect all of us, so it makes sense that everyone would chime in and have a take on the political topic du jour. But if a Christian starts a praise thread that is obviously directed at other Christians, or those who are interested in discussing or debating Christian beliefs in a respectful way, then what legitimate basis is there for anyone else to butt in?

Non-believers, especially those who are aggressive about it to the point of saying stuff like, "Religions are the crux of all that is bad," don't have a stake in a Christian praise thread in the way that folks have a stake in most other issues discussed on the forum, such as taxes and healthcare and actions taken (or not taken) by government officials. It's not about them. It doesn't affect them. There's no reason, other than to be insulting, to post messages denying the legitimacy of the whole premise of the discussion.
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  16. G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,612
    I think that missing apostrophe makes it a perversion of grammar. Well, arrange the meeting! :cool:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. harnettgator

harnettgator Gator Girl, Exiled to Harnett County, NC Moderator Premium Member VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,354
    I've seen this patch before.... MARSOC?
  18. lacuna

Ratings Received:
    +6,076
  19. lacuna

Ratings Received:
    +6,076
    What do you think about posts with content like the immediately aforementioned patch / slogan being included on a "praise thread"?
  20. kdm

kdm Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,815
    Cognitive dissonance can be an awesome and terrible thing to behold sometimes.
    • Agree Agree x 1