Geraldo Blasts FSU DA and Winston On Orielly

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by diehardgator1, Dec 6, 2013.

1. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,078

I totally agree with your statement I highlighted, but as I posted leading up to the presser that day, Meggs wouldn't charge him because he has too much local politics to consider, and he didn't want to be the one who single-handedly ended fsu's first serious national title run since 1999.

National statistics show that less than 2% of women victims in a case like this are lying, and the vast majority of cases with a DNA match and claim of rape are charged and go to trial, and I think the stat of conviction was around 65 - 70%, but it was about 2/3's.

What I keep asking here is... why was Winston's case suddenly not applicable to the norm here? It was because you had a fsu alumni DA who wasn't going to "rock the boat".

To think Meggs actually said that he wasn't charging based on "timeline descrepancies" in the victim's story when memory lapses are commonplace in a rape due to the trauma the victim suffered is utterly astounding. Meggs is a trained DA and doesn't know this?!

This was the Tally good 'ole boy fsu network at work in Winston's case, period. Hope fsu fans enjoy watching their rapist get beat by AU.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Distant Gator

Distant Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +381
    Urban Meyer didn't always do things the right way though he was pretty strict on the serious stuff. (No serious review of our problems has ever concluded otherwise.)

And what is inarguable is that Gainesville PD has gone over the line on Gator players. We've had guys arrested for throwing a sandwich, stealing a $2 taco, and saying "woof-woof" to a police dog.

Meanwhile in Tally you have gov't officials laughing off a rape charge. And a Leon County official out there celebrating that he got away with it. What a contrast!
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. horanic

horanic Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +249
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,258
    Well-said. Absolutely agree with everything here.

If this was anyone else besides a famous athlete at the local university, then that person would have already been behind bars. Given the fact pattern (reported rape hours after it happens, evidence of bruising, AND Winston's DNA on her), that's enough for a charge in 97% of similar investigations.

Preferential treatment was given here and it leaves a sore taste in one's mouth.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    FYI many many Gator fans weren't happy about some of the arrests under Urban Meyer and said so, here and elsewhere. If there has been any significant number of 'Nolie fans upset about the failure to charge Winston I'm not aware of them. All I hear from 'Nolies is stuff they dreamed up about video tapes, photographs, Winston's girl friend, and numerous other inventions of their little minds.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. denny_crane

denny_crane Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    The only plausible explanation for the TPD not doing ANYTHING would be that JW told someone at the athletic department that something went wrong and they called the police. The police said don't worry about it, she doesn't know where she was or who she was with. Otherwise why would'nt they test the dna against the criminal database to try and find the rapeist? They were never looking for anyone. The plan failed when she did identify him.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. jhbyrd

jhbyrd Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +396
    I am not an expert in this but I think the fact that her boyfriend's DNA was also found in the rape kit with Winston's DNA gave Meggs the out to do what he wanted to do which was not charge his fellow Nole.

Just like key witnesses went missing in FSU's recent NCAA probation under Bowden; the taxi driver went missing. We need Geraldo to locate the taxi driver.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  8. ovillegator

ovillegator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +731
    Just sent mine! Thanks for sharing!
  9. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,999
    NoahB.B. I usually dig what you write but I can't with this. Even if she had originally agreed to mess around with jameis and went to his apartment, into the bathroom, whatever, doesn't mean at anytime during their encounter that she didn't feel comfortable or maybe sobered up a little and said " no, stop, we can't do this" or maybe he liked it rougher than she likes and wanted to stop but he didnt. That is still rape. You could be in the middle of it and she says stop get off of me and if he doesn't comply and get off that too is rape, because he forcefully engaged in a sexual act against the will of the victim.

No one knows for sure but Casher did change his story as well going from he just "busted in the room to mess with jameis" to " I came in to join like I always do" that alone could have made feel like she is in a precarious position and wanted to stop. You have to remember that if someone is under the influence you have to be careful that she is coherent in her decision because it could also be rape if she was too intoxicated to make a proper decision.
  10. mfpardnor2

mfpardnor2 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,196
    Why was a FSU Booster the deciding figure in this case? Seems like a conflict of interest to me.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +1,999
    I also don't see how they don't charge him and let it play out in the legal system. Whether he is truly guilty or not. The facts are She immediately goes to hospital, gets rape exam done, makes a police report. What else should a victim do to make it any more "real".

In any other rape case charges would have immediately been placed and a arrest would have been immanent. Lawyers from both sides would then present their case. That whole process was lost because a DA nole grad figured he may lose a case.

IMO this is a big slap in the face of the victim and all past and future victims of sexual assault. No wonder women are more likely to not report rape, because everyone is quick to try and poke holes in their story.

I don't know if it went down like they say but to try and discredit one woman's account of what happened because millions of people like the alleged attacker, is absurd. I wonder what that star linebacker- Banks, who spent years in prison and essentially lost his future only to be released 5 years later because of false accusations is thinking....... " if only I was a QB"

Seriously, I have a hard time imagining many women coming forward with rape in or around that part of the country with the way people ridiculed her when she may very well have been a victim... saddest part is we may never know because of a possible national title, hiesman, and MILLIONS of dollars were at stake.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. The_Graygator

Ratings Received:
    +1,078

You know, in a way, this reminds me of AD McPherson's check-cashing case at R&R Truck Rentals. It was a scam going on to pay fsu players for years because the reports of this hustle went all the way back to 1998 and Chris Weinke. Problem is, it got exposed because someone wasn't "in the loop" that last time AD came in to get his check to pay off his gambling debts and the whole shebang fell apart.

That's sort of what happened here with Winston's and Cahser's little orge parties at his apartment. Go the nightclub, pick out a girl (and I know from the Tally Hooters girls from over the years that the football players have little groupies of fans in the nightclubs who help set them up with girls they like).

Then they roofie their drink at some point, then lure them out of the club by saying they're friends with their friends (they're usually assured by the football players' groupies who they trust), and tell them they can hang out and enjoy a party at their place and maybe smoke a joint, don't have to worry about cops or fake ID's, etc., and the victim goes for it. She doesn't believe for a moment that anyone is trying to set her up to get raped.

So Winston and his pal Casher had been doing this for a while and finally, a girl who got caught up in it blew the whistle on them. Wanna bet Fisher took Winston and Casher aside at some time and reamed their asses about this crap and told them to stop it once and for all?
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  13. The_Graygator

Ratings Received:
    +1,078

I just recently had an fsu friend of mine who's one of these "water cooler" fsu fans, who basically believes everything that is pro-fsu propaganda. He kept bringing this case up to me and kept repeating all this "she was a 'ho who got what she was askin' for" garbage, and I kept telling him over and over it was all BS out of the fsu camp. I showed him articles and proof it was BS, but he just kept repeating it (yeah, one of THOSE kind of nolie fans). It came to one point where I told him he was about to ruin our friendship. He finally eased off when I asked him if he had a daughter this happened to would he be worried about a football NC? But I know he still believes every bit of it.
  14. The_Graygator

Ratings Received:
    +1,078
    And don't forget that the egg on Meggs' face from the Sheriff Larry Finch case played a factor in his decision too.
  15. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +1,999
    I believe with situations like these, football shouldn't be a factor what so ever. If anything this sets a precedent that famous athletes may get away with more egregious sexual acts as long as they choose a victim with a checkered past. There for she garners little belief that her story is truthful and legit. SMH. Big ben, Kobe Bryant, jameis winston, it's a scary trend.

I know Mike Tyson is saying "WTF"
  16. The_Graygator

Ratings Received:
    +1,078

Thing is, the victim here didn't have a "checkered past". She got set up for the most part and Winston should have been charged but an fsu alum who was the DA just wouldn't do it.

It's amazing to me how the fsu faithful just tore this girl's reputation down but absolutely ignored Casher's admission to investigators that he and Winston engage in orges.

Really, who are the ones with the "checkered pasts" here?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +485

Are orgies/group sex illegal in Florida?
    • Like Like x 1
  18. DivePlay

DivePlay Member

Ratings Received:
    +54
    You are throwing out some pretty serious accusations. Do you feel pretty confident in their validity and how difficult would it be to verify?
  19. cedarkey_gator11321

cedarkey_gator11321 Guest

Ratings Received:
    +0
    No but sexual battery is. At least everywhere in Florida except Tallahassee.
  20. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +485

what does that have to do with orgies?
    • Boring Boring x 1