Geraldo Blasts FSU DA and Winston On Orielly

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by diehardgator1, Dec 6, 2013.

1. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,301
    So many assumptions about what I think here.

Alllllll I think is there is enough to let a jury decide this case. There is definitely enough evidence to bring this to justice contrary to what Meggs has said.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. cedarkey_gator11321

cedarkey_gator11321 Guest

Ratings Received:
    +0
    No sexual battery case is easy to try. I've prosecuted and defended them. But some cases, even though they may be hard to prove, have to be taken to trial for a number of various reasons. Meggs made his decision. There are plenty of other circuits in the State of Florida who would have filed this based on the reports I've read.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +615
    That's cool, man. I'm glad you're more qualified to make that decision than he is.

But hey, do something about it.
    • Boring Boring x 4
  4. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +2,301
    The parallels are offset but there. A case where there is sufficient evidence to bring to trial but not.

There are eye witnesses and scientific DNA evidence to support this girls claim. Her sexual prowess, even with the accused is not relevant. One thing and one thing alone is relevant, did or did she not let Winston know she did not want sex and did he listen? She could have been blowing him for the last ten hours straight and she still has the right to say no. Anyone that thinks otherwise is barbaric (not to mention ignorant of rape laws). There is no situation where a girl can't say no. None.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. bantab

bantab Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +60
    So by your analogy, a woman hanging out with single men is like playing with a loaded gun while drunk, and if one of those men rapes her, she is just as culpable as the person who pulls the trigger of that gun and kills his friend.

Wow.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +2,301
    Exactly. Beyond ridiculous.
  7. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    You're correct that the moral of the story is to let things play out - but in a court room, not simply after a SA who has every reason in the world to not bring charges fails to do so. Maybe Winston would have been found guilty, maybe he'd have been found not guilty. Nobody knows because the SA has essentially eliminated the possibility of knowing. So have things really played out?
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. bantab

bantab Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +60
    Good analogy. Jameis Winston is just as "not guilty" as Casey Anthony.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,565
    more like a young woman who found her self humiliated in another FSU homosexual sex ring.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. siennagator

siennagator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +58
    Whether they had intercourse or not, he sodomized her from the evidence I have read about. Perhaps it was her idea, but perhaps that was not what she had in mind and he forced her. I think that would meet the definition of rape and could cause her to report it to the police afterwards.
  11. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,984

True, but in the real world of compromised claims, if a woman does do that for 10 hours, and then says "oh no, when he said he then wanted to have vaginal intercourse, I said no, no, but he wouldn't listen," if there are any men on the jury, they will be inclined to acquit, IMO, as a jury pardon - even though they would technically recognize and be told that the woman could indeed, decline consent.

This is said by an individual who spent formative years in the "sexual revolution" of the '60's, and who realizes that certain sex acts are now (thanks Bill Clinton) popularized such that they are not even considered sex acts anymore (non-consensual oral penetration, however, is still as much rape as con-consensual vaginal penetration).

So in a sub-strata of male subconsciousness, those facts (consensual oral sex) forcefully militate against the woman being able to totally control the situation, having already compromised her claim of moral uprightness in a consensual, half-way segue to a full blown (*) coitus scenario. Like the old saying goes, "we already know what you are, we are just dickering over the price." Perhaps only men will intuitively understand this.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,216

Totally agree, but I also believe it was politically and alumni motivated with Meggs too.

Winston raped that girl, he and his team mates engaged in group sex orges with girls ( they've probably been doing this since they've been on campus), and he got away with it because Willie Meggs said the victim "couldn't recall" some of the timeline involved in the incident? I have two trial lawyer friends of mine who cannot believe this man is a district attorney and still has his job after that comment! It is extremely commonplace for rape victims to have multiple memory lapses of a rape incident due to the emotional and physical trauma of the attack. A trained DA doesn't realize this?

But he ignores a positive I.D. of the suspect by the victim (who didn't even know who Winston was at the time), he ignores her positively I.D.'ing the apartment she'd been taken to, and he ignored a positive rape kit DNA match of the guy she said raped her! There was someone else's DNA in her panties? It was her boyfriend's... you know, the one who DIDN'T rape her? And who's was the only football player's DNA found on her? Why, it was Jameis Winston's!

What the hell else did Meggs need to charge with? In practically 99% of cases like these, the accused is charged. It's simple deduction. Winston raped that girl, and she won't even get a chance to take him to court and prove it now because we have a DA who is an alumni from the same university the football player is winning a NC for. "Innocent until proven guilty"? No, this was a case of "Innocent or not, no one will get a change to prove him guilty".

Looks like the good 'ole "boys will be boys!" fsu mentality of the 1990's is back!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. coleg

coleg Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +192
    Did not realize that you alone can be judge and jury on both a 19 yr. old kid with no criminal record and a long term SA that has gone out of his way in cases to "throw the book at FSU athletes" ie Johnson and Warrick, and has gone on public record explaining he does so because those athletes should be held to a higher standard.
    • Boring Boring x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. NoahBeanBizzel

Ratings Received:
    +615
    That's absolutely NOT what I said. You didn't pay attention. The point I was making is that we tend to make women out to be the victim almost immediately in cases like this; they are almost always given the benefit of the doubt, people immediately declare that they have been victimized, and regardless of whether or not Winston actually did anything or not, he'll always be looked at as a criminal.

Let me repeat this: the overwhelming majority of the time sexual intercourse occurs, both parties consent. This is a situation that doesn't sound a whole lot different than A LOT of stuff that happened at regular parties I was at during high school. It sounds like a group of irresponsible young people went out, got drunk, did some things that drunk people do, and one got accused of rape. Yet two eye-witness accounts (whether you agree with their testimony or not) clearly indicate that she was just as involved as he was, to the point of kicking Casher out of the room. Explain that to me.

Back when I was in recovery, they used to throw this saying around a lot: If you hang around the barber shop long enough, you're bound to get a hair cut. That essentially means that if you're trying to stay clean/sober and constantly hanging out at bars, parties, or wherever else people are boozing or bangin' dope, something bad is bound to happen. And when people go out and behave irresponsibly, bad things happen. Often times there's a whole lot of gray, the facts get clouded, and nobody knows what really happened.

And to me, Winston is no better than she is. But being immature and irresponsible is far different than being a rapist. Who knows how the bruise on her foot got there. Could it be that she banged her foot on the floor after Casher burst into the room, trying to get him out of there? Who knows? It sounds like everybody was knee-walking drunk. And young people are far more likely to take their clothes off under the influence than when they're not.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. bantab

bantab Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +60
    There really isn't another way to take your original analogy, and the fact that you make another analogy about blaming the victim in the same response does not help your case. Either there was consent or not. There is no case where there is not consent and it is the victim's fault.

And the overwhelming majority of the time rape is alleged, the accusation is not falsified.
  16. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,752
    Noah, do you know what a rape kit entails? It's not pretty.
  17. NoahBeanBizzel

Ratings Received:
    +615
    Dude, there are no charges being brought. Meggs basically said that the facts didn't support the likelihood of a conviction. It sounds like you're just disappointed with the outcome. If people want to sit around and speculate, that's fine. Don't let it drop.
  18. bantab

bantab Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +60
    Relevant article.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. gatorgrl

gatorgrl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +475
    You are so wrong it's freakin pitiful. Guess what I was at one of those so called parties, and I had 3 drinks. I usually never had more than 4. On the last I got dizzy and ill in a way I never have before or since, to this day. II asked the owner of the place if the there was a place to go lay down. I locked the door behind me and fell asleep. The next thing I knew I was being undressed. AAnd it started. I don't remember most of It because I was unconscious. I don't want to remember. NNo i wasn't an enffn virgin, but I didn't sleep around and this guy couldn't handle that. So did i deserve it because I drank that night and I kissed him? No I freakin did not and just because you and your friends liked to get drunk and take you and clothes off doesn't mean we all did. I wish to high hell that I had reported it because the injuries I had that night showed that I was raped repeatedly that night. So go ahead and post your narrow minded shit, but you might have some frigging compassion before you hit enter.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Cosmo

Cosmo Member

Ratings Received:
    +223

A lot of people want the kid to be charged because he is an FSU player. Some of you guys need to take your Gator glasses off, this has nothing to do with Football. There were 4 people that night, not two.

One has witnesses, the other doesn't, what do you think it's going to happen? He was never going to be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

The problem with cases like this is that everyone always assume that the person being accused is guilty, that's not how it works.
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1