Georgia with 7 5 stars....

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Endless Excuses, Feb 7, 2018.

1. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +277
    Following a college football team is at times a lot like modern politics. It’s us vs them and us are honorable, upstanding individuals and them are lying, cheating bastards.

For people like that there’s no nuance, no ability to think objectively. You see someone say something logical, like all teams cheat to varying degrees, and you’ll get push back from the crowd that sees their own program as some kind of paragon of virtue.
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +12,799
    Harbaugh has charisma?
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +12,799
    What you just posted is an excellent example of just how horrible Muschamp was as our head coach. The worst in our history as I see it (and I was at UF during Doug Dickey's reign of mediocrity).
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +2,816
    Only 2 of those 5 stars were on Offense and although not busts by any stretch, neither met the expectations for them. That, along with two bust 5-star QB's might have been part of the problem.
  5. Bowiegator

Bowiegator GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +524
    Because “the process” will never be able to indict kirby smart or nick saban or any coach on their staff. All that will happen is I report this guy and he is then ostracized by Uga then Uga calls ncaa and reports a rogue fan. The money goes from a big booster to a bagman and Kirby smart knows sausage is made but never knows or is involved in how the sausage is made. If UF does not have bagmen then that is the bigger problem. The system or “the process” is kept separate from Uga or AL.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Bowiegator

Bowiegator GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +524
    ITP
  7. atlmover

atlmover GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +1,614
    ITP as well.
  8. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +2,724
    Only one way to find out. I don’t think Georgia gets nearly the benefit of the doubt that Bama gets. Two different programs.
  9. GoCocks3877

GoCocks3877 GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +550
    Kirby went Will Muschamp in the 4th qtr against Bama... I’m not sold on him being an overall better coach. These guys are so much alike it’s not funny...

I’m not trying to defend Will, because I’m still not sold completely when it comes to him being an overall good coach. I think he’s learned from his days at UF, but he will never let his offense keep the foot on the gas.

Kirby needs to learn like Nick Saban did.. You gotta score points! Defensive coaches like Smart and Muschamp need to realize it’s about offense for 4qtrs, not just 3 1/2.
  10. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +2,816
    Here's what I like about Kirby Smart: He is always coaching every play...every time a player comes off the field he's there coaching them before they go to their position coaches. He is a motivator. I think that is important...and is how Spurrier did it.

Perhaps Muschamp has gotten better since he left UF, but when he was HC here at UF he never did more than glare or scream at a player who messed up. I rarely saw him coaching up a player and then giving positive feedback or motivation. Mac was even worse.
    • Agree Agree x 1