"...George W Bush is Smarter Than You"

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, May 4, 2014.

1. gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,354
    LOL, oh vert, you never cease to provide us with comedy around these parts.

I'll be the first to admit, Bush said some dumb things. And this part of your post gives him some serious competition.

You can't enforce an illegal contract. When the ACA came into effect, insurance policies that weren't in compliance were automatically null and void and unenforceable by either party. It's not that hard to understand, but Obama worshipers do their best, I suppose.

Say they declare vodka illegal tomorrow. Distributors can no longer honor their contracts to bars and clubs for a product that's illegal. No one could sue in that situation for "breach of contract" because the change in the law was unforeseeable at the time the contract was entered into. The law is to blame, not either party.
  2. vertigo0923

vertigo0923 night owl mod VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,093
    and you, rev, finding every liberal as amusing to you, as we find you pompous and condescending.

this is a very simple explanation regarding your misunderstanding of the aca.
    you'll have to click. you know, use either your mouse or fingerpad. then, you'll actually have to read, assuming the print is big enough.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/...-losing-health-insurance-because-of-Obamacare

btw, it's nice seeing that we still have a russian affairs expert among us*
    gosh, you must have been really young when 'giving briefings' to both presidents.
    apparently i'm not the only one giggling at that.

go ahead and fire off another 'witty' (heh heh) retort, i'll be waiting** with bated breath.

*i have a really low bar for that word, 'expert', as it's used here
    **not so much, really.

p.s. remember how i told you that reading your stuff wasted my time on the grand scale of life? that which puts me 2 minutes closer to death, while having not contributed anything of value to that 2 minutes, well, that's a waste. so, your time's up (once again)

toodles! and have a nice day!
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
  3. busigator96

busigator96 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +588
    Why does it matter? They all have jobs to do representing the corporations and banks that hired them in the first place. We are all on the outside looking in discussing mannerisms, timing, and language use. We are just kidding ourselves on whomever we "elect" will ever make a positive difference in our lives.
  4. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,093
    we have to think that there is some hope that our votes count. or else, what have we got left?
  5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +527
    $17 trillion plus in debt and growing.

And entitlement programs that are insolvent because if you ask people to actually sacrifice the granny being pushed over the cliff hysteria begins.

But hey we are owed this standard of living andWashington knows it!

Sad and frustrating but reality...
  6. LabraGator

LabraGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +89
    Laughable (but expected) to call someone pompous and condescending then follow it up with that diatribe.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. busigator96

busigator96 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +588
    Speaking of Russia....the US may just unilaterally sanction them since they hold the world's reserve currency.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,223
    Female dogs can be quite cantankerous and moody. Like the one in your avatar.
  9. LabraGator

LabraGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +89
    That was Sarge. Great retriever, definitely male, but point taken.
  10. LittleBlueLW

Ratings Received:
    +1,223
    Looks exactly like my old pal Meg. She was unreal as a retreiver and house dog.
  11. gatorev12

Ratings Received:
    +1,354
    Nah, not everyone. There's a few on this board who are quite reasonable and I enjoy speaking/debating with them. Then again, discussion in those instances is facilitated by them having actual knowledge of the topics. When people post pure BS without any semblance of fact or logic, it tends to slow things down.

Not going to waste my time. The fault isn't on the insurance companies for canceling an unenforceable contract--the fault lies with the parties that changed the law. In this case, the ACA was entirely pushed by Obama and the Democrats, so they're the ones who have the blame. Typically, they run away from actually owning up to their lies and it's amusing to see so many liberals tripping over to defend such an obvious lie.

Legally, no insurance company could continue to collect or enforce a pre-ACA policy that wasn't in compliance with ACA provisions. That isn't right-wing talking points, that's the actual law, pure and simple. I understand such legal concepts are probably waaaay over your head, but most people get the idea.

Russia wasn't my area of operations, but it isn't hard to read history books and/or keep in touch with current events. Well, apparently, it is hard since even a rudimentary familiarity with the topic is beyond your grasp. Foreign affairs isn't everyone's forte, I get it, but it helps to educate yourself prior to having an opinion. Given that Obama's handling has been blasted by most media outlets out there (including traditionally left-leaning CNN and the NYT), I think it's safe to say that there's plenty of bipartisan criticism for the Administration. But then again, one has to possess a measure of objective critical thinking to actually analyze the issues and I don't really expect that from someone as hyper-partisan as you.

I was young...and this is a surprise, why? Do you think there's an age limit on people who are present in briefings to the President or congressional committees? If you're trying to claim that, don't worry: the laughter will be on you.

But if you think there's an age limit, I would LOVE to see you back that up with, well, ANY type of citation. I'll wait...

Oh, I'm quite aware. You usually tend to point it out in every post how much of a waste of time it is...yet continue to post back? If it's such a waste: don't bother.
  12. Distant Gator

Distant Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +428
    For those who didn't read the linked Post article Soho's claim that W "never traveled overseas before becoming President" is completely untrue.

Apparently Obama said it once so now Soho believes it, but the WP fact checker disproves it and gave Obama "4 Pinocchios" for lying.

Shame on Obama for lying, and shame on any others for repeating those lies just so they can score political points.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. LittleBlueLW

Ratings Received:
    +1,223
    Yep. Post number 5.
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,093
    oh lordy. blah blah blah. pompous, condescending, long winded and boring.
  15. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,093
    is this an example of 'tim syndrome'? you know, where if someone who reflects your pov has free reign to insult (diatribe?), or start 'trolling/baiting' threads, but if the other side does it...well, it's just wrong!

in other words:
    i'd love to see how you'd respond to his countless barbs. just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make it a 'diatribe'. i suppose his post above mine...the one in question.....isn't a diatribe? only in 'republican world'
    :D
  16. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +841
    Great dogs.

I have a choco lab, and a golden (I favor goldens generally--this is my third--but labs are solid too).
  17. gatorev12

Ratings Received:
    +1,354
    So I'm guessing this means you can't refute the reality that the ACA was the legal cause for insurance companies cancelling pre-ACA policies? It's ok to admit Obama lied on the topic, really. It won't physically harm you. And even if you don't think he deliberately lied, it's still a blatantly obvious false statement.

I'm also guessing you're "too busy" to provide some citation to your claim that there's an age limit to be able to be in the room with the President. It's ok...i'll wait some more.
  18. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +841
    Are you saying that Barry's policies haven't impacted our lives?

Actually, to directly address your point--are you saying that had Mitt Romney been elected in '08 (had be beaten John McCompromiser in the primaries)--instead of Barry---that that wouldn't have had a positive impact on the economy, and therefore, our lives?

Personally I think it would have made a huge difference. Romney isn't conservative, true, but he knows economics like Barry knows golf--or college hoops. I fully believe he would have our economy where it was naturally slated to be now--in a historic recovery--rather than this flat-line jobless anemic excuse for one that we're (supposedly) in right now.

e.g.--Begin by removing ACA from the equation--and all of it's lingering doubts. Just one simple example.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,093
    no. 'this' means i'm again (starting now...so there's no misunderstanding)not responding to those braggadocious, prima-donna typings that you call posts*.

*wait. i left out 'condescending' which is the first word i'd apply to your musings.
    hey, you can write it all down, write a book! call it 'musings of a tin god'.

:D

note: you should really pay attention to parentheses
    i've added underline, italics and bolding so as not to escape your notice this time.

also, it's not 'throwing in the towel' if you're jumping off a runaway train.
    ;)
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  20. gatorev12

Ratings Received:
    +1,354
    So you're responding to tell me you're not responding and you're refusing to support your previous erroneous claims.

There's a boxing expression for that: throwing in the towel. It's a shame though, I was getting quite a kick out of your claim that there's an age limit to be able to be in the same room as the President.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1