Gators going hurry up?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Loco, Jan 14, 2014.

1. brimley

brimley Member

Ratings Received:
    +102
    To "talk football" is to talk about your team, which includes the head coach. To "talk football" means to rant or rave. Why are people supposed to just blindly agree & not have an opposing opinion on WM? Why are they supposed to ignore a pretty d*#n bad losing season and not comment? It happened. It doesn't mean they don't love the Gators as much as you, it means they have worries, rightly so...it's called "talking football"...Gator football.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,632
    And his ability to give up control of the offense's "balance."
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,632
    I think rserina's comment goes back to what I suggested before. It would help if there were sticky's that were "Yay Team/coaches/game play" and "Boo Team/coaches/game play" so there is a place to vent. But when the same arguments are brought up in each new thread is does get old. But yeah, everyone needs to be able to voice their opinion, praise or otherwise. JMHO
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,598
    I can respect that and agree with what you said. However every thread shouldn't turn into a Muschamp bash fest as it has recently. I know some fans complained about him showing restraint on the sidelines but we can't show the same here. I find that odd.
  5. brimley

brimley Member

Ratings Received:
    +102
    Thanks, and I too agree with you. It's boring and uninformative if every post leads to bashing WM. However, EVERYONE is in unchartered territory on a message board coming off a season like 2013, there's a LOT to say...and no one knows the outcome until next season. So, I tend to disagree with any comment that acts superior...and basically calling all the "posters" who disagree with them foolish.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,592
    This is a thread about the changes we're making on the offensive side of the ball. I think everyone is excited about it; but many are reserving judgment. Everyone was excited about Pease too--and he turned out to be an epic failure.

Muschamp hasn't exactly earned the benefit of the doubt among fans when he says he's changing things on the offensive side of the ball because we've heard that in every offseason and it's yet to really manifest itself on the field. Another poster said it best: the fact that he's changing things so radically in year four is pretty much indicative that his original plan wasn't cutting it and we've all had to deal with the consequences on the field when he was learning on the job. You can call that being negative if you want, it's the truth.

Muschamp has my support next year. He's our head coach and that's that. But I'm not going to sit here and pretend that it's unconditional support. The University has my unconditional support. So do the players. The coaches and the coaching staff? They're there to do a job and if they aren't doing it well, then they need to be replaced. If that's too much pressure for someone, then the University of Florida job isn't right for them. Florida is a high-profile job and one where you're expected to succeed given the amount of resources at your disposal. Muschamp has repeatedly already acknowledged as much.
  7. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,598
    I don't believe anybody would disagree with a word you said myself included. Some just don't see the need for every thread to be turned a certain way.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,539
    They problemed theirselves all the way to the championship and almost won it. We lost to anything that was moving on the field.