Gator Men's Tennis adds Transfer Victor Cornea

Discussion in 'Around the Horn - Baseball & Men's Gator Sports!' started by hocgators, Jul 16, 2014.

1. hocgators

hocgators Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +40
    The Gator Men's Tennis Team, through Coach Bryan Shelton, officially announced the addition of Romanian Victor Cornea. Victor is a transfer from Middle Tennessee State. The Florida coaches feel Victor has unlimited potential, and at 6'7" presents an imposing presence at the net. Victor will be enrolled in August and ready to play.
  2. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +609
    Primarily played #3 singles and had about a 500 record at MTSU so probably not going to fill that big need for a legit top end player at the top of the ladder. But appears to have some pretty big upside wit the height and being a lefty.
    Should impact doubles pretty heavily I would think.
  3. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +609
    Women also added a transfer from Harvard who played number 1 for the Crimson last year as a freshman....she was a top 10 type national recruit the year before. I could see her playing middle/lower part of the order for UF assuming the 3 freshman stars all live up to the hype. If everybody is there and healthy UF will be very very good.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gator_84_88

Gator_84_88 VIP Member VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,872
    Met Cornea and another kid about the same height in Walmart last year and i'm 6'5" and thought this kid looked the part of a basketball player until he told me he played tennis for MTSU. Speaking of MTSU and Murfreesboro, it's growing so damn fast it's insane. I live in the country part in an area called Christiana but it's still part of the Boro