Gator JDs, putting season tickets in trust?

Discussion in 'The GatorTail Pub' started by General_Zod, Nov 10, 2013.

1. General_Zod

General_Zod Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Hello,

So before this year to transfer my grandfather's, my uncle's my aunt's tickets into someone else's name I would have had to pay "fair market value." Basically the seats some of them have would be very expensive to get at today's price (or the last 3 years price) but due to my family having them since the 70's or whenever they were locked in at lower donation rate.

I have read our heard that if you put tickets in trust, then passing from over generation to next, you can by pass that "fair or current market value) price jump.

And given the email the UAA sent out about ticket sales for this next season. It seems like the time to try and do this.

Buy when things are on sale.

So, how does setting the trust up work with tickets?

Several of us are in Orlando if anyone has any recommendations for referrals to an attorney who has experience in this area.

Thanks
  2. FrankGator627

FrankGator627 VIP Member VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +791
    My professor from Trusts and Estates at UF law is a genius and I'm sure he'd be able to help you. Let me see if I can find his information.

I could only find his info for his UF account. I think he still practices privately on the side but maybe not. I'm sure he takes cases on the side.

http://www.law.ufl.edu/faculty/c-douglas-miller
  3. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +677
    just send the tickets to me. You can trust me that i'll get them to the right people.
    • Like Like x 1