Gasol de Bull?

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by ThePlayer, Jul 12, 2014.

1. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,711
  2. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,790
    Pao is my guy that they need. He will be the "Duncan" to Noah's "Robinson." Just need a reliable outside shooter and the full recovery of Rose and they are good to go.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +697
    I guess it depends on what they sign him for and how long. He's an upgrade over boozer and I would imagine he's going to be in the $10-12 mil range so he'll be cheaper. But with Gibson already there and Mitrioc (sp?) coming over (who is allegedly is the best player who wasn't in the NBA last year) I'm not sure adding Gasol really fixes what the Bulls need. Now, with Melo likely staying in NY I'm not sure that option is still out there.

They ought to take a flier on Lance Stephenson depending on the cap space they have. He's bat spit crazy but can shoot and plays tough defense. I think Thibs could keep him in live a lot better than vogel could. Otherwise they better hope Snell improves tremendously or mcdermott is much better than I think he's going to be (adam morrison 2.0)
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  4. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +511
    I had a bet with my best friend that JJ Reddick would last longer than Adam Morrison in the NBA. That was easy money.

McDermott has a quicker shot which will help him. Don't see him as a great defender though.
  5. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +697
    While I'm a bulls fan (I'm a fan of the team Jo plays for really) I don't like that it's a sign and trade because I wanted that cheap bastard reinsdorf to have eat the cost of amnestying boozer
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +607
    Pau is an excellent player if on the right team, ie not playing with an ineffective Kobe ball hog, the team now needs a shooter to loosen things up. They need a Frazier.
  7. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +746
    Glad he came east to help balance things out.
  8. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,711
    Frazier is our heavyweight champion.
  9. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +779
    The Bulls have been looking at Pau forever. I think he compliments a Thibs run team. If he was four inches shorter, didn't pass or rebound as well, he'd be Carmelo Anthony. Huge upgrade at PF. Let's see what they do at the two and three. With as much talent as they have between Rose, Noah and Gasol, they might already be contenders just with their bench.
  10. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +746
    Don't forget Butler. He was stout in the playoffs.
  11. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,453
    I'm not a huge fan of Carmelo's game, but as a pure scorer he seems a lot stronger (and I mean physically) than Gasol. My perception is that Carmelo's the type of guy you can just dump it into at crunch time and he can usually get off a decent shot even under the very physical defense the refs often allow late in games.

Gasol seems to be getting better at the late-game scoring than he was during his years in Memphis when he always seemed to wilt (not choke, but be physically overmatched) at crunch time if he tried to go one-on-one, but I still think he's weak in that scenario (unless the other team doubles and he can beat you with the pass). (Kind of like Nowitzki before he fully developed all those fallaways that he can now get off and hit in crunch time.) Gasol is fine when he gets a good shot in the offensive flow (which Noah will help facilitate - and Rose if he ever gets back to form) and already has the defender at a disadvantage when he receives the pass. I just don't advise dumping it into him at crunch time when the defense is set and letting him go to work against a good physical defender.

(Now, corpgator will provide stats showing I'm completely wrong :cool:)
  12. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +268
    Noah and Al made a pretty good tandem. I like Gasol's game and expect the Bulls to be a tough out.
  13. Colin

Colin Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +348
    If Rose stays healthy then the Bulls are gonna be great.
  14. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +779
    With Aaron Brooks coming on board, the Bulls look to have the deepest roster in the NBA. There's tons of talent and lots of interchangeable pieces. There's still not more than one explosive offensive player, but there's a lot of offensive versatility and a lot of different answers for what opponents throw at them defensively. I don't know of a team that's putting more length on the floor with their starters. Besides PG, everyone runs 6'7" to 7' and that's not even going big for them. Their three point shooting is going to improve substantially from last season without any drop off in defense.

This is going to be a very formidable team. I wish everyone on the Heat had stayed put.