Future Terrorists?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by tim85, Aug 31, 2014.

1. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-children-swelling-ranks-junior-jihadis.html

What happens to all of these kids? I can't imagine all of them actually follow suit to all become terrorists, but how many of them does it take to have a successful "mission?" Just one?

Their futures seem dim, and I can't imagine ISIS are the only ones training children to do this.

I wonder what can we reasonably do to try and prevent this type of thing? Anything at all? Will the terrorists that we know of today be more common in the future?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,736
    My take.

It is not the job of US to save the world. It must start locally in the ME, than regionally etc...
  3. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,626
    Generations being raised into this sort of vicious, subhuman depravity are a threat to us specifically as much as the world at large. We are, after all, the Great Satan.
  4. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +173
    The indoctrination is usually a bit more subtle. Like this: Farfur the Palestinian mouse killed by Israelis.
  5. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,523
    Thanks for the translation - I live in Orlando and if that was Mickey our economy would be in the crapper.

Wow - talk about propaganda!! I remember a few years ago seeing some Islamic video of how kids would go to the Jewish eye doctor or dentist and leave without their eyeballs or teeth so the he could sell them to rich Jews who could see and eat again. IMO, this is where the internet/twitter/etc. can help change the world...kids are raised on this crap then they communicate with their cousins in the Western World and find out 99% of it is garbage. God help us.
  6. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,901

Exactly. The Ubiquity of information will solve many of these ills (while undoubtedly causing others.) We need not blow up the world trying to accomplish the impossible.

Contain the situation, protect our borders, and let them come to their own eventual renaissance. The internet will do in a decade what took the printing press centuries.
  7. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    Is it so simple though?

What about the terrorists who have educated and western backgrounds and full access to the internet but still choose lives of terror? A la the british rapper who's now a member of ISIS? Or the American youth that for some reason feel an inclination go and commit acts of terror?

How do we prevent what's happening in some areas of England and Europe from happening here? I'm not proposing we close our borders, but how do we prevent militant religious immigrants of any religion from coming here with the intention of forcing us to change, instead of assimilating and changing to fit our cultures and standards?
  8. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,736

Make sure we have a vibrant and growing society that is all we can do. Their will always be those that are extremists. Always have been.
  9. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,901
    This.

I certainly didn't mean to imply the Information Age would bring about world peace, but I do believe it can empower individuals and in turn populations.

"Education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern but impossible to enslave."

Henry Brougham (1778–1868). Speech to the House of Commons (January 29, 1828).
  10. g8trjax

g8trjax Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +410
    Yep, what's reasonable to person who is willing to blow himself up in the name of Allah?