FSU's Title run is good for UF

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by UFLAW81, Jan 7, 2014.

1. willymayshayes

willymayshayes Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +63
    Jimbo is 2-1 vs Will. If Will is really a better coach than Jimbo, I hope he decides to prove it to us someday soon.
  2. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    LoL yeah the one year proved it. Hahaha! Forget about the other years. Nothing to see there folks.
  3. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,342
    this year is a good start.
  4. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,385
    Atleast the chair is the Arkansas AD.
  5. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,385
    A better start would be if the record was flipped.
  6. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,342
    For 2014.
    Noles are not going 4-8.
    9-3 maybe.
    Gators will make it to the SECCG.
    We can beat them in Doak.
  7. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 Member

Ratings Received:
    +58
    To follow up on my earlier post, I'm not that worried about it them winning this one, though. It's been said many times, many ways but this is all cyclical and I don't believe FSU has built a dynasty. I actually think Jimbo is a good heach coach, but as we saw under Meyer all it takes is a few staff defections and a program can come back down to Earth quickly. They won't always have a Jameis, and they'll start losing coaching talent on the defensive side of the ball soon enough.

The important thing now is that they don't repeat and we bounce back next year. Gonna be a long offseason, though.
  8. gatorplank

gatorplank Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +336
    I think he will. You have to remember that Jimbo had his entire system in place when he inherited the job from Bowden. Muschamp did not have that advantage. Despite that advantage Jimbo has had, Muschamp was able to catch up by year two with a subpar offensive staff.

Jimbo has been fortunate to land good defensive coordinators. If the Roper hire works out Muschamp will expose Jimbo for what he really is: a mediocre offensive mind that is still riding on the coattails of Saban by stealing away Saban's assistants. Jimbo's success will be short lived because he is simply riding the wave of a weak SOS and Saban's staff while picking up a nice pay check.

Both of those wins Jimbo has had Muschamp didn't have his starting QB. If we can stay healthy and have some stability in the coaching staff I still think Muschamp can win a championship here.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,585
    Yeah... we shouldn't get excluded. ;)
  10. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,342

Bingo.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. willymayshayes

Ratings Received:
    +63
    gatorplank, I have no issue with anyone who has an opinion that Will is a better coach than Jimbo. Everyone is titled to their opinion.

The point that I was making is that the objective evidence indicates otherwise, at least to this point in time. Maybe it will change over time - who knows for sure?
  12. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,385
    I was referring to Jimbo is 2-1 vs Will.
  13. gatorplank

Ratings Received:
    +336
    Jimbo has a long track record as a coach and so does Muschamp. My opinion is based on the entire body of work for both coaches dating back to 2003. Looking at things objectively Jimbo hasn't been a world beater until this year. Jimbo brings nothing to defense, and what he does offensively is not comparable to what Muschamp does for a team's defense. The other issue is Muschamp gets no credit around here for what he accomplished in 2012 with a subpar offense. I think an objective fan should be able to tell that Muschamp with a good OC is better than Jimbo with a good DC. Muschamp has yet to hire an OC that has had success with the offense, but I think Roper is that guy.
  14. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,342
    Coaches are evaluated on one criteria, what have you done for me lately.
    There is nothing objective about it.
    Fulmer got fired.
    Chizik got fired.
    Brown got fired.
    Dungy got fired.
    Gruden got fired.
    Etc.
  15. 2aday

2aday VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +93
    Jimbo has a long track record as a coach and so does Muschamp. My opinion is based on the entire body of work for both coaches dating back to 2003. Looking at things objectively Jimbo hasn't been a world beater until this year. Jimbo brings nothing to defense, and what he does offensively is not comparable to what Muschamp does for a team's defense. The other issue is Muschamp gets no credit around here for what he accomplished in 2012 with a subpar offense. I think an objective fan should be able to tell that Muschamp with a good OC is better than Jimbo with a good DC. Muschamp has yet to hire an OC that has had success with the offense, but I think Roper is that guy

^^^^You lost me here, do you not realize that Jimbo Fisher is WIDELY REGARDED as one of the best QB developers in the NATION. He has been doing this specific job at a high level for like 15-20 years dating back to Auburn with Dameyne Craig.....He got enough production (college) out of Flynn (lsu), Russell (lsu), Ponder (fsu), Manuel (fsu), and now Winston (fsu) to get them all PAID.

You do realize that QB is the most important thing on a FOOTBALL FIELD.....
    Jimbo best traits are:

Beast recruiter
    Excellent QB coach
    Solid OC
  16. willymayshayes

Ratings Received:
    +63
    But neither have a long track record as head coaches. Big difference.

Neither has Will. How about each of their records as head coaches? How many losing seasons has Jimbo had?

Sounds like a flaw of Will. He may never get it right.

Last point ... Which of the two are on the hot seat?
  17. gatorplank

Ratings Received:
    +336
    Jimbo does a good job of developing QB's. I will give him credit for that, but so does Purdue's coach. Does that make Purdue one of the the best offensive teams in the country? No. I'll take Tim Tebow, Danny Wuerffel, and Steve Spurrier over JaMarcus Russell, Christian Ponder, and E.J. Manuel every day of the week. Jimbo should be ashamed of the offensive production he got out of those three.

A college coach is evaluated on his team's offensive production. Putting QB's in the NFL is only useful for one purpose, which is to use it as a recruiting tool. If that doesn't contribute to increased offensive production, then why does it matter? In Jimbo's case he is the offensive coordinator, so the production of the offense is on him. I can name several schools who I'd take the offensive staff over Jimbo's offensive staff. Compare that list to the number of defensive staffs that you would take over Muschamp and his staff. The latter list would be much shorter than the former.

I refuse to give Jimbo credit for hiring Saban's staff because every single coach in the country would have made that move. Do you actually think that Jimbo was the only person in the entire country that was genius enough to think that hiring Saban's assistants was a good idea? If Jimbo is a great coach for pulling the trigger on that one, then sign me up for coaching because I could be the next Jimbo Fisher!

I can tell that you won't be convinced until it happens, so lets wait til the end of next season and then we'll have this conversation.