FSU is Nervous about Future

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by farfugnugen, Jan 16, 2014.

1. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +768
    It was investigated, BECAUSE--AND ONLY BECAUSE--it was reported (by TMZ)--and then, over a year after the incident occurred.

It may not have been prosecuted because the case was all but screwed by the time it made it to the prosecutor's desk, but HOW it got screwed, is pretty damning.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,453
    Your use of the word "exoneration" is correctly made here, but it does strike a chord for me.

It seems to me that Winston also needs exoneration from his story that got him off the rape charges.

"Oh, so you had sex with a girl you didn't know who was plastered (possibly drugged?) while your buddies watched you and recorded it? Alrighty, then! Thank God you didn't do anything wrong. Here's your Heisman!"

"Oh, by the way, was she even conscious enough to realize there was an audience and a recording going on? Never mind! Don't answer that. It doesn't even matter in our more enlightened times." :rolleyes:
  3. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    What this case demonstrated is that FSU has firm control over law enforcement in regards to their student athletes. They have a friendly local media as well. With criminal charges off the table, it makes it even easier for for a suitcase full of money to convince the victim and her family to retire to Costa Rica.

FSU has had years of this and it has done little to nothing to effect their credibility. You know what Diddy said, "Boyuhs will be boyuhs." It's accepted and the outrage of few will be ignored by the many.

I live in Pennsylvania and I assure you that this comes nowhere near the depravity of Sandusky and The Second Mile.

I hope that we are not sitting around waiting for FSU to fall as a result of this. We will be waiting for a long time.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,819
    This. But it wasn't even really investigated a year after the fact. They accepted affidavits from FSU counsel, and then they interviewed Casher and Darby about their affidavits.

That's not an investigation. They should have been knocking on the following doors the day the rape was reported:
    - Pot Belly's (interview witnesses, collect video)
    - Neighborhood businesses (for video of the group leaving Pot Belly's)
    - Cab Driver (witness)
    - Casher's apartment... where they would have found Casher, Darby, Winston and the crime scene... and likely found out about the security guard. They may still have had video evidence on Casher's phone from the recording he made. They could have put Darby, Casher and Winston in line ups with other guys and had a positive ID on Winston that day.

And how about warrants for phone call, text, email and social media activity for all three of them... that was never done, for the entire "investigation". Not even a year later. While it was done on the victim. That in and of itself tells you the entire nature of this "investigation".
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,087
    Couldn't have said it any better myself oak. This goes so much further than football and being a fan. God forbid one day this happens to a winston supporter but sometimes it takes events like this to hit close to home for people to be fully cognizant of the severity of these allegations.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. bayou_gator

bayou_gator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +347
    With the Marching Chiefs behind him, former Florida State football coach Bobby Bowden tells a story to a crowd of 5,500 at 'An Evening With Bobby and Friends' in October at the Civic Center. - Mike Ewen/Democrat

It's not a surprise FSU postponed its national championship celebration for the second time.

It's typical FSU. Because when it comes to sports promotions, FSU is horrible. And has been forever.

This year has been another great example.

Before the season, FSU bungled a movie night in Doak Campbell Stadium. After much hype, officials canceled at the threat of rain and never rescheduled. In September, FSU asked Hall of Fame running back Warrick Dunn to speak during Civility Week, then didn't advertise his appearance, which drew only 200 people, most of them on-campus students who barely knew who he was.

Then came -- and I know this will sound like heresy -- Bobby Bowden Night.

On Oct. 25-26, FSU held a weekend of tribute to its former coach. The Friday night event in the Civic Center was a mess.

First was the sloppy huddle on stage in which Bowden re-enacted one of his halftime talks. About 20 players formed the huddle -- though the audience was never told who the players were. Apparently, FSU didn't know which players would attend and assembled the group on the fly.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,458
    To rapemus and fsu: "shame upon both your houses!!!!" - Bill Shakespeare
    • Like Like x 1
  8. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +615
    FSU will be fine. Pruitt's departure is rumored to be tied to his womanizing and nothing else but we will see.
  9. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,819
    Was he at the party with Jameis, too? :eek:
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,354
    I'll tell you what UFS fans should be nervous about.
    They will lose at least one game next year.
    They will not make it to the championship game.
    But, that is not my point.
    My point is they will wake up to find their lives are no better or worse off than before.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +768
    Well done, Oak--great summary.

(fwiw--my post was on the fly--just wanted to hit the main point tripped by kajeg's post).
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ovillegator

ovillegator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +748
    This is what bothers me, too. How can you look at what transpired in what I believe is a DORM ROOM paid for by TAXPAYERS and not be stunned???

Not one person, coach, lawyer, or politician ever said what happened was SHAMEFUL and WRONG -- even if rape did not occur.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. missourigator

missourigator Member

Ratings Received:
    +103
    As shameful as it was, nothing is coming out of this. Don't hold your breathe. Good lawyers negate justice. So why worry. They aren't. Also who are they going to lose to with their schedule? Finally, I rather worry about my own house. I really don't care about them.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,819
    Hopefully the victim has good representation. I highly doubt she's the first one to have had this type of experience in Tallahassee. There's power in numbers... if they can persuade other victims to step forward.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +768
    Most of the time, good lawyers protect and promote justice. ;)
  16. horanic

horanic Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +251
    The chance of Rapeis not screwing up with more money and moree a$$ kissers around him in the future at best is zero and at worse has already happened. He will do it again and another city wont be so, shall we say, supportive. It WILL happen.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +896
    This thread has issues from the start. They just won a NC, didn't miss a bowl game and have their worst season in 20 years with 16 losses in past three seasons. Are noles really nervous or still high on their *&#@ incredible season?
  18. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,819
    For what's happened on the field, you're spot on, Die.

The off field issues likely do have some people nervous... I mean for a team that just won the national championship, they're sure not jumping quick to have a big celebration.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. missourigator

missourigator Member

Ratings Received:
    +103
    Just for future reference my daughter is a damn good lawyer. So I wasn't referring to all lawyers with my quote. But some aren't defending justice.
  20. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    Agreed, but the University of Florida State will not suffer as a result.

We should be more concerned about seeing our program return to where it belongs and stop worrying about whether justice will be served in this case. Or some pipe dream that that this corruption is exposed once and for all. This just not going to happen.