FSU is Nervous about Future

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by farfugnugen, Jan 16, 2014.

1. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,866
    I dont, didn't before Meggs made it clear he has no balls. But doesn't mean the university isn't worried of media fallout if cover up becomes the subject. If one thing this country has learned from the Penn st. Ordeal is you can't look the other way when you see smoke because you might miss the fire.
  2. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,197
    I'd rather spend a year in Leavenworth.
  3. kajege

kajege New Member

Ratings Received:
    +30
    Meggs has proven over and over again that he has no problem prosecuting FSU players. It isn't anything to do with him having no balls, he had no case. I don't get how some posters on here keep claiming cover-up when it was reported and investigated. What exactly was cover up? And as far as media fallout is concerned JW earned just about every award possible this year after all this came out, including several sponsored by the MEDIA!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +2,197
    The civil suit might have a lot to say about that..
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,866
    Its easy. If it were a average 18 yr old civilian who was accused of rape by a woman who just went to the hospital and submitted to a a rape kit than the guy who was accused would have been picked up a charged and would have had to go through the legal process of a LAWYER of the alleged victim trying to show guilt and subsequently be judged by a jury of his peers. Had that happened and he been found innocent so be it but for him to tell the TPD that he has baseball practice and he'll call them back later on the accusations of rape is beyond absurd. Since when does a man accused of rape get a courtesy call from the police? The police know the type of power anyone associated with fsu wield in that town, if the alleged victim all of a sudden stopped cooperating after the university was made aware, the law has the ability to continue to investigate with the possibility of witness intimidation. Instead the TPD swept it under the rug till the media got a hold of it. Meggs took the legal process out of the whole incident by not wanting to "LOSE" a case against a star player on the hometown team of the people that keep him in office. If you think this played out like any other alleged rape involving anyone other than a famous or someone associated with Power than you have simply been NOLIFIED.;)
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. ovillegator

ovillegator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,025
    Most of their grads do...
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,866
    It really won't affect JW or his awards. He will be in the league by the time anything actually happens. BUT Vanderbilt had to throw their players under the bus and disassociate themselves with the players because of rape,IF it's found that FSU backed and POSSIBLY covered up rape than it will be bad for the university not JW's stupid awards.

You know what's more troubling is no one really knows the real truth of what went down that night but fsu fans have been yearning for a new hero to worship for so long they will sell their soul/ integrity and willingly destroy some girls character as thousand of fsu students have done in order to preserve JW'S image and "awards". But as long as y'all can sleep at night knowing that there's a possibility that he skated past the legal system because of who he knows and possibly got away with a violent crime. All in the name of the heisman. BS I say. If this ALLEGED victim was your sister or friend you would at least like it to be handled the proper way with out any type of bias but since you don't know her and you worship/cheer him who cares right.:mad:
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +2,197
    They're like taxes..one can never get far enough away from them and they always bring you down...it's like manic depression got it's own university.
  9. kajege

kajege New Member

Ratings Received:
    +30
    You are completely clueless if you believe that everyone that is accused of a crime is charged and has to go to trial. It was investigated the SAO did review the evidence, and declined to prosecute....it happens every day.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. kajege

kajege New Member

Ratings Received:
    +30
    Again how did FSU cover up this matter?
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,806
    The rape was never investigated, which is the problem. SAO is bound to have a weak case when the crime isn't investigated.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,866
    You missed the word "IF" and you sir are clueless if you think the university isn't at least a little worried about any possible legal matters that may arise involving this and the whole way it was investigated.

Tell me this though. If it was you accused of rape, would the police dept. Give you a courtesy call saying we will need you to come down here for questioning of possible rape that is of course sir if it doesn't interfere with your baseball schedule and if it does we can wait......for a year, my guess is if it were you or I, we would have been picked up and made allowed to tell our side of the story in the court of law.

And your right not every crime goes to court but usually they don't wait a year to collect dna and investigate said possible crime. And with a crime like rape, that has astronomical numbers of women not reporting it or changing their story out of fear, you would think they might just look into it long before a year and the media gets a hold of it. I know your bias and it's ok, he'll sometimes I wish our own police dept. In Gainesville would show a little favoritism towards our players but all they do is arrest them for barking at a dog. Smh.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. reformedgator

reformedgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +197
    With that unbelievably bad conference they play in, they have to hope they don't lose a single game & that there is no more than one undefeated team from a competitive conference.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,806
    Don't know if they covered anything up, but the university apparently didn't investigate the rape (no evidence that they did) as required under Title IX.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,866
    let me ask you a question, if the alleged victim was your daughter, would be OK how the investigation, or lack there of unfolded? Would you be quick to dismiss this because he plays for your favorite team. You forget, who this really affects, the alleged victim who had to change everything about her life because of this. She made it to school not because of her athletic skills but because she earned a academic scholarship or because she paid for it either way it's all flushed down the drain just as the detective allegedly warned her about. Crazy how that can be for shadowed like that huh? It's as if the detective knew who she was up against.
  16. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,866
    And hope Bobby petrino doesn't have Louisville ready to play.
  17. jjenkins5

jjenkins5 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +458
    I think the failure to investigate the alleged rape in a timely manner is at the crux of why people are skeptical of whether there this alleged crime was truly treated as any other would have been had the alleged perpetrator not been a star athlete. For example, evidence collection and even interviews with roommates and others of interest didn't occur for months, giving time for memories to fade and the opportunity for people to "get their stories straight".

I don't know whether there was a concereted effort for a cover up, but at a minimum the police investigation seems woefully incomplete. This incomplete work may have resulted in a case report that paved the way for Meggs to legitimately choose not to prosecute the case. So, no criminal charges. However, the civil suit may bring to light that some amount of culpable negligence occured in the investigation and, to answer kajege's question, the civil suit may also expose whether individuals from FSU exerted any pressure on those investigating to be less than thorough in an effort to produce a report insufficient to support criminal prosecution. This is far from over for FSU, in my opinion.

In fact, someone at FSU has to be thinking that there is a fine line they have to walk in their celebration. If they celebrate their MNC and focus on their Heisman winning QB (which under normal circumstances would totally make sense) and later, as the result of the civil suit, that QB turns out to have been a rapist who skated on criminal charges, FSU will be in a huge mess. At that point ESPN and all the other media outlets will turn on them immediately, showing replays of FSU glorifying their criminal QB at their celebration and pointing out how shamefully inappropriate it is. Then, the NCAA will show up and who knows where it goes from there. This possibility would indeed make me nervous if I were an FSU fan.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. coleg

coleg Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +192
    I don't imagine any scenario that there will be more than one undefeated team from a competitive conference. It is rare for any BCS conf. team to go undefeated anyway.
    FSU plays a much better schedule in 2014 with Miami, Clemson, UF, Notre Dame, Ok. St, and Louisville all possibly ranked. Since FSU will be preseason #1 a single loss to one of six ranked teams will not likely cause them to miss the playoffs.
  19. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,866
    Just be mindful that a loss by one of your "tougher" opponents to you and one other would probably keep a miami and clemson and Louisville unranked since they will not start the season ranked to high there negating any positives of having them on the schedule. Miami had a good year (for them) and still finished with at least 3 losses. It's not how your schedule looks in the beginning but the end that determines any benefit you'll receive for s.o.s.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. jjenkins5

jjenkins5 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +458
    No, I don't think FSU should be ashamed of winning a MNC so long as the Heisman Trophy winning QB who led them there turns out not to be a rapist. I don't think Winston's exoneration is undisputable for the reasons I've outlined - none of which have anything to do with FSU beating UF on the football field in 2013. Insert any school into FSU's scenario - including UF - and I would feel the same. My position has zero to do with being handed a loss by FSU in the Swamp, or in having a losing season and everything with basic morality. Sorry if that is difficult to understand.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1