FSU fans all over the state are shaking in their clown shoes....

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by born2beagator, Dec 8, 2013.

1. G8RB8R

G8RB8R Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +285
    [​IMG]
  2. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +792
    Auburn is more like '95 Nebraska offensively and having a month to stop them didn't help us at all.
  3. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,524
    My fear.

My hope.

Hoping.

An article I read about a year ago stated about four percent of people(1 out of 25) are sociopaths. There was something weird(to me) about his personality after the game talking with the sideline reporter from ESPN.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/watch-jameis-winston-walk-away-during-espn-postgame-interview/
  4. pringleg

pringleg VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +89
    I have a feeling all of the talking heads will be saying how great FSU is and comparing them with the great teams. This should really fire up Auburn.
  5. G8RB8R

G8RB8R Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +285
  6. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr Member

Ratings Received:
    +48
    I am seriously considering the under bet. Remember the 49 pts a game Sooner offense in the '08 championship?
    Give a good D coach enough time to study and prep and offenses lose a lot of their edge. Again, hit Famous early and often and hard!
  7. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,279

I like that.

Totally agree.
  8. The_Graygator

Ratings Received:
    +2,279

Look at AU and Oregon a few years ago. Oregon was ripping everyone and AU had a month to prepare for all their different blocking schemes. Same with UF and the Sooners in the '08 NC, and UF v.s. OSU in the 2006 NC games.

What gives AU a good chance in this game is that fsu can be run on, and a read/spread option is their biggest weakness. AU has a huge, physical, 2 - deep OL and a solid dual-threat QB that can score on fsu's defense. If AU targets fsu's ends on their DL, they're going to get a lot of rushing yards IMO.

I think fsu can exploit AU's secondary but AU also has a very, very good DL and LB's and I firmly believe they can tip the balance enough times to give the Tigers' secondary a chance to make some picks.
  9. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,028
    If there is a great Karma wheel in the sky, it is most likely starting to roll back around with F$U clearly in its sights. Hopefully, it will be gaining momentum before the NC game.

In the meantime, the Aubies need to practice a little pass defense.
  10. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +615
    Now wait a second: Cox asked four-consecutive questions pertaining to the investigation after he had just led them to a conference title. Who wants to be questioned about crap like that after just winning your conference? If she had asked a question or two about the investigation, then I really wouldn't have a problem with it. I think it's something I think he should have to address, considering he's the top candidate to win the Heisman; but to have four of the five post-game questions (of the conference title game) she asked him pertain to the investigation? I think that was obnoxious on her part.

I've lost a lot of respect for Winston since this whole thing came to light. I thought he was different, and wanted to like him. But it sounds like he's like a lot of other star athletes, who take pleasure in getting
    tons of co-eds in bed as often as possible. But a sociopath? I'm not sure that's a fair assessment of his character.
  11. Freddy02

Freddy02 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +355
    Funny thing is they are a lot like the 95 Huskers - several should be in jail, but the local popo helped cover it up while their unethical win at all cost coach brushes it under the table.

They are not comparable with respect to the ability of the perspective football teams.
  12. gatorpa

gatorpa Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +364
    That was Muskasshole, dude is such a tool.
  13. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,524
    I don't know either but I peg him as a weird dude psychologically regardless. Time will tell.
  14. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +921
    FSU's cover up of Rapis Winston has doomed them. Karma will get them. Remember Spygate in 2007?
  15. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,663
    I think she asked a question too many about the investigation. He was never going to answer why he decided not to talk to the police.
  16. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +921
    Yeah he definitely has that creepy crazy vibe coming from him.
  17. Freddy02

Freddy02 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +355
    [​IMG]
  18. acumen

acumen New Member

Ratings Received:
    +27
    Ok I am an AU fan, so I am a homer. But I'll try to be objective.

FSU has played no one but Clemson. Absolutely no one with SEC talent other than Clemson. Yes they beat Clemson at Death Valley and beat them badly. Based on this (and just looking at their athletes in other games) I think FSU could compete (this year) at the highest level of the SEC. It's not like FSU is squeaking by the ACC, they are dominating it.

FSU's Defense? No one knows really. They have played no one, but they certainly have SEC athletes all over the field and their DC is a Saban disciple. I suspect they are good, but not better than bammer or LSU or a healthy Florida (at beginning of season).

Auburn's secondary is bad by SEC standards. However, AU's D-line is underrated and they have some big time play makers up front (Dee Ford is a beast, as is Carl Lawson who was one of the highest recruited D-lineman last year). I'd say our LB's are average, about mid-pack in the SEC. Certainly no bammer, but not Vandy or MSU either.

AU's special teams is lights out. Steven Clark has pinned people inside the 5 too many times to count (put bammer on the 1 yard line twice). AU's kicker kicks touchbacks 95% of the time. AU's return team (punts and kicks) is as good or better than most anyone.

Every week us AU fans heard "Well Georgia is going to shut down that running game." We had them blown out at half-time before their second half comeback. The next week we heard "Now they are facing Saban and his defense, it will dominate their running game." Didn't happen. AU still ran for 300. Next week we heard "Mizzou is 2nd in the SEC in rush defense, they will stop AU." Didn't happen. AU ran for over 500 yards. Mizzou went from 2nd in the SEC in rush defense to 9th -- in one game.

What's my point? If Bammer (with the highest paid roster in CFB) cannot stop AU, no one is. FSU is not better than bammer on D. I am not sure they are better than Mizzou on D.

FSU reminds me a lot of Mizzou on offense. Mizzou, in case you didn't know, has the best receiver corps in the league. They have 4 guys who are 6'4 or taller, can run and catch. Same with FSU -- their receivers are long and can run. Mizzou has spread the ball around to all of them evenly. Same with FSU, who has 3 receivers with 900 yards on the season. Franklin is accurate and a run threat. Same with Winston. Mizzou has an excellent RB. Same with FSU. There may be differences in their offensive philosophies (Mizzou is a spread team who runs HUNH at times). FSU seems to be more "West-coast" as Jimbo has always been at his previous stops (AU, LSU, etc)

If Auburn's defense wants to prepare for FSU, then I think Mizzou and UGA are the teams that most closely resemble them. Mizzou resembles them more athletically and UGA probably resembles them more on offensive style.

Auburn's offense just needs to watch the bammer game, because that's what FSU is going to try and do. Bammer had success, by AU standards, of stopping the run (AU only had 300 yards rushing). UGA had a good second half in slowing down AU as well. So I imagine FSU will watch the bammer game and the second half of the UGA game. AU needs to watch them again and correct any mistakes an/or find new ways to beat what bammer was doing to slow them down.

Overall, I think since we have a month lay-off that both defenses will have an advantage. Thus I predict that AU won't do what they did to Mizzou (almost 700 total yards), but I don't think FSU will slow us down as well as bammer did either. I think AU runs for 400 and passes for 75-100.

FSU will definitely get its yards too. I suspect the AU secondary will get burned a few times. AU will need to score 45 to win.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. The_Graygator

Ratings Received:
    +2,279

A guy who engages in orges with his football buddies isn't someone I consider to be of quality character.

And to think tat the Tally media is behaving just like the LMSM does... just simply refusing to report Chris Casher's admission to investigators about these group sex orges in their apartments. people who would do this kind of stuff are sexual deviants, and IMO, are fully capable of raping a girl.
  20. born2beagator

born2beagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,394
    Already heard them compared to the 95 huskers once on espn. They are going to be beyond full of themselves in 2 months