FSU fans all over the state are shaking in their clown shoes....

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by born2beagator, Dec 8, 2013.

1. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +619
    Even with the catastrophe of the season we've just played, if you take out the Florida/FSU game (for obvious reasons!), I'm pretty certain the Gators would still go 10-2 against FSU's schedule this year. Our D alone would have eliminated all but Clemson and Miami from those games, even if our margin of victory wouldn't have been as convincing, given the lack of offense.

By contrast, FSU playing the Gators schedule would be an intriguing question! As good as they've been, I don't see them being undefeated with road trips to LSU, SC, Missouri and Georgia.

If FSU wins the National Championship this year, they will have done it without playing any form of defense (aside of ours, which sadly was banged up and accompanied by an offense which passed out long, long ago), which is pretty disappointing. Roll on the playoffs!
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. blackbird68

blackbird68 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +59
    If he did not lose his focus facing rape allegations, I doubt winning the Heisman will.
  3. BobK89

BobK89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +289
    Bet the over.

Auburn-Mizzou hit the over yesterday with 5:35 left in the third quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry
  4. Freddy02

Freddy02 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +218
    Auburn played 4 ranked teams not counting another in the SEC championship.

There is something to be said for actually playing football during the football season.
  5. Freddy02

Freddy02 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +218
    Yeah some people are just like that.

[​IMG]
  6. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr Member

Ratings Received:
    +38
    Boston College had the only decent physical run game F$U played all year. They rushed for 200 yds. 4.4 per attempt.
    BC had about 400 yds total offense. I really think Auburn can run it down the noles throat. The only drawback for War Eagle is that F$U has all that time to game plan for all of Gus's offensive packages. Here's hoping "Famous " gets hit early and often and hard. Go SEC! Go Gators
  7. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +656
    I guess im in a minority in that I think fsu wins by 3 or more td's. No way Auburn is going to cover those wr's. Hope Im worng and the pressure gets to Winston, but I just don't see it happening.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. klgator

klgator Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    Exactly. I thought myself that F$U reminds me a LOT of Missouri on offense. It will be a great game. F$U has not been challenged this year. Can they handle the pressure? Auburn is battle tested.
  9. rtgator

rtgator VIP Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +454
    I tend to agree, but with the Heisman, he travels to New York for a week and becomes toast of the town. Who knows how he'll react?
  10. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398
    This will be a repeat of the SEC Championship game, all offense. As good as FSU's offense is, and they are good, I just don't see them keeping up with AU. 45-35 AU!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +536
    Not many big boy teams run the wishbone any longer. The Canes shut it down with their speed so the game itself changed. The Noles are facing a one dimensional team so stopping the option run game is their challenge.

Auburn's D has been criticized but it looks to me like it has gotten better as the season went along. Mizzou got one TD from their D so Auburn's D didn't do as bad as the total score would lead us to believe. If you include the Td that was actually a drop, their numbers are better but Mizzou may have scored on the same drive anyhow.

With two high scoring O's and suspect D's, it looks like lots of scoring, but many of these games are not as the D has time to focus on one O with time to do it right.
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +175
    If FSU starts off like they did vs Duke they won’t win. Aubrun has played to many big games this year and will come out like they’ve been there before. FSU may get shell shocked and never recover. At least I hope not.
  13. horanic

horanic Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +281
    If Saban couldnt stop the Tigers run then FSU surely wont be able to stop it. If they were bickering and confused for a half with Duke imagine what Gus will do to them. I am not convinced FSU can run the ball on a decent defense either. They struggled versus our defense for most of the game and struggled with mighty Duke's 240lb defensive studs. If Auburn is up in the 4th quarter (and they will be) the game ends with them running out the clock. FSU will be challenged to do this. I expect a close game but in the end Auburn wins by 10 plus. FSU is way too cocky right now and Auburns scheme is no joke.
  14. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    Thanks MichState, after the Winston debacle it's nice to see that justice still can still occasionally prevail.

MichState has made it possible for me to care about the NC. OSU vs FSU would have been no fun to watch - FSU would have demolished OSU and its sorry defense. Auburn has a much better chance of beating FSU - run the ball down their throats, pass when necessary, keep FSU's offense off the field. War Eagles!
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +749
    His inability to keep it in his pants will hurt him, but with that ugly mug, he'll still have to force himself onto victims.

Still people are ignoring a lot of history here: Every year they say bet the over when two offensive teams meet a la us and OU in 2008 and each time the over isn't reached.

Also, how did having a month to prepare for Nebraska in 95 work out for us?
  16. GatorLaw

Ratings Received:
    +165
    If Auburn can run the ball as well as they usually do their D won't have to worry too much about FSU's WRs because they'll be sitting on the bench while Auburn eats clock. I know TOP has become a joke here but there are a lot of differences between Auburn's version and ours, mainly that Auburn not only uses up time but scores points too.
  17. gatorinmi

gatorinmi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +111
    Auburn has a month to find a defense. If they can get their D to play a bit better then they can win this game. If not I'm not so sure. Being tested is going to be huge for them though. We really don't know how FSU is going to react to getting punched in the face.
  18. GatorLaw

Ratings Received:
    +165
    When a prosecutor is looking for ways to not bring charges he or she will grasp at any straws. IMHO the reason Meggs didn't charge Winston is that he didn't want to charge him. And the reason is that he didn't want to spend the rest of his life having garbage (literal and figurative) thrown at him by 'Nolie fans who would never forget that he cost them a shot at the NC and probably a Heisman for the accused rapist. He would have become a total pariah in the town where he's lived all his life and who wants to live with that at age 70 or so?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,543
    Yes, I agree and it's reprehensible. If he doesn't want to uphold his oath he should retire, not possibly endanger society.
  20. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +472
    ESPN did only because the last team to beat teams like FSU has was the 95 Huskers.

95 Huskers Notables (Note: stats do not include the bowl game)

1. Got 75% of all their 1st downs on the ground
    2. Averaged 556 yds/game
    3. 156 yards/game was through the air
    4. Had 18 TDs in the air against 6 INTs
    5. Had 51 TDs via rushing
    6. +13 Turnover ratio
    7. Defense gave up 295 yards/game
    8. Defense gave up only 150 points all year (13.4 points per game)
    9. Offensively scored 576 points (52.4 points per game)

13 Noles

1. Very balanced offense - 184 passing 132 rushing
    2. Averaged 529 yards/game
    3. 207 yards rushing vs 322 yards passing
    4. 40 TDs passing 41 TDs rushing
    5. +17 Turnover ratio
    6. Defense gave up 269 yards/game
    7. Defense gave up only 139 points (10.7 points/game)
    8. Offensively scored 689 points (53 points per game)

One could make the case that the 13 Noles team is even better than the 95 Husker team - based on stats.

There is one thing that Nebraska can say that FSU cannot say - they played far batter competition overall. FSU can only hang their hat on one game, Clemson. Every other team they faced was anemic at best.

Notable Nebraska games:

1. Michigan State - this was the first test of the Husker team against a very good Spartan team. This was supposed to be a very close game. It wasn't. Nebraska won 50-10, gaining 666 yards. No other team came close to roughing up Michigan St for the remainder of the year.

2. Kansas St - Ranked #6 AP

Kansas St came into the contest 6-0 with the best defense in the country. The first 6 opponents could only muster 6 TDs and 1 FG on their defense. Nebraska came away from this game adding 7 more TDs to that total. Final score - Nebraska 49 MSU 25. Kansas St did hold Nebraska's vaunted rushing attack to 190 yards on 46 attempts, the best any defense did against the Husker offense. Nebraska though went to the air and used stifling defense (-19 yards rushing).

3. Colorado - 6-1 #7 AP

Played following the Kansas St game. Was supposed to be the toughest game on the Husker's schedule.
    Colorado was 6-1 and ranked #7 in the AP poll. The Buffalos had posted convincing wins over Wisconsin, Texas A&M and Oklahoma but a recent loss to Kansas would have CU itching to prove themselves against their designated nemesis. The Buffalo offense was on a roll, nailing its first seven opponents with 38 touchdowns. And, outside the Kansas game, the defense was pretty stingy, too.

But Nebraska was none too impressed. The Huskers smoked the Buffalos with 467 total yards and 44 points. And, yet again, a contest versus a Top 10 conference opponent was over by halftime. Final Score: 44-21

4. Kansas - 8-1 #10 AP

The Jayhawks were 8-1 and ranked 10th in the AP when the Cornhuskers showed up in Lawrence late in the season.

Another Top 10 conference opponent with 1 loss. Same outcome. Nebraska 41, Kansas 3.

The game wasn't lopsided as the score. Nebraska was held under 400 yards and Nebraska got 2 defensive TDs.

So, Nebraska played 4 teams that were ranked in the Top 10 at the time they played them. FSU has played just 2 ranked teams with both of these teams no longer in the Top 10 (Clemson is currently #13 and Miami is no longer in the Top 25). 3 of Nebraska's opponents finished in the Top 10.