Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Freedom to Express Religion

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, May 7, 2024.

1. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    I know nothing of the sort. I see right-wing politicians and religious leaders calling for it all the time. I see polls showing that a significant percentage of Republicans favor it. And I see people like you posting your Christian-nationalist-sympathetic views on message boards (while denying it even exists). I see MAGAs elevating Trump to a Christ-like status. Super creepy. Deny it all you want, doesn't change anything. The threat of Christian nationalism is very real in this country.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Agreed. All he does is say the same thing over and over again with no facts or data to back it up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Biden is a loyal American, a devout catholic and has his heart in the right place. Sure, he "falls short of the cross", and while he's not a saint, he is when compared to Trump. That you keep defending him and talking out of one side of your mouth about the "values" you share with him while out of the other side of your mouth professing to be a Christian is simply outrageous hypocrisy.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Been over this before. Remember Yeni Glick? The Texas woman who went into sepsis and died, but couldn't end her pregnancy because the fetus had a heartbeat. And ABC has a series interviewing 18 women who almost died because they too had to wait for medical intervention because their fetuses had a heartbeat. They lived, but many are now infertile because they had to wait.

And while it is difficult to prove, several studies show maternal and fetal deaths are up and higher in states with restrictive abortion laws.

You can bury your head in the sand and ignore all the above. Just like you ignore the statements of several politicians who want the US to become a Christian Nationalist state.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    LOL!

No you don’t!

LOL!

6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    LOL…”devout Catholic”

That said we have had some leaders in the Catholic Church actually stand up for their beliefs. Father Morey rightly denied biden Communion in the past…

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/29/poli...ion-south-carolina-catholic-church/index.html

7. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Go read the state law. You tried and failed to show the mothers health is not protected by the law already.

8. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Explain the deaths and near deaths of the women after Dobbs.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    You go ask the doctors why they made the decisions they did…

10. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Although I cannot speak directly for the doctors under (probably intentionally) written vague state laws doctors do not want to risk the possibility of jeopardizing their licenses to practice medicine or even worse criminal prosecution by an overly zealous prosecutor who decides the life of the mother isn't at immediate risk. As I have suggested in several other posts the solution is qualified immunity for doctors who perform medically necessary abortions. If the state believes that an abortion is elective rather than medically necessary the burden should be on the state to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the abortion was unnecessary.

11. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Read the law. Nothing was stopping a doctor from doing their job. If they clinically felt the mothers life was at risk they had every ability to note it and provide an abortion to save the mother. Worst situation for anyone to be in. But they had every ability to protect the mother.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
  12. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If they had every ability to provide an abortion to save the mother, why did the Texas AG say they didn't? Was he mistaken about the law?

13. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The heartbeat of the fetus stopped the doctors from performing life saving abortion. Even if the fetus has 0% chance of survival, and the woman is all but guaranteed to be septic, the fetal heartbeat law prevents the doctors from acting.

Again, already there are women dead, and others lucky to be alive. If the law was clear this didn't happen, then states did awful jobs explaining the law, or the law has major issues.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Read the law. We have a thread on it. I posted the law multiple times.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Did the doctors do a poor job? Definitely possible. I don’t know. Maybe you have the medical records and do know the doctors failed in the circumstance you keep bringing up.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA

[​IMG]

17. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I've never considered Channing a "leftist" .

18. tilly

i think you should note the number of teachers making the news for the same thing and maybe just keep your kids out of school period because of it.

I mean to be fair.

19. tilly

Thats just what people say when freedom bruises fragile sensibilities. Meanwhile I think many on the left take great issue with the religious aspects of 1A

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. tilly

Pew research tells us that 11% of atheist are pro life.

Its human rights issue to them:
    Welcome - Secular Pro-Life