Fox Guest Argues That Letting Children Go Hungry At School Teaches Them A Lesson

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator996, Sep 9, 2013.

1. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15

I post the article with the link and now your excuse is that its my fault for what you perceive as me being so entrenched in my political belief... :laugh:

Let me make an observation.... that many here including you in this instance can't even read correctly because they are sooooo entrenched in their political belief.

So now I'm not the partisan "spinner" the author is.... :grin:

I honestly wonder if people here read the articles that are linked before they respond.

Because if you did, there would have been no question in your mind who's words you were reading.

This foolishness of somehow I posted the article in some way as to fool the reader is a lame-ass excuse for your error.

What did you find deceiving about how I posted the article?
    :ninja:
  2. agigator

agigator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure it's against the board rules to simply post an article without any comments of your own. You're certainly not the only person who's done it. Just saying.
  3. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15

agi, I agree....

It was actually just a miss on my part...honest mistake

But I don't see how that would lead anyone to think those were my words.

The citation rules pretty much prevent posting entire articles so in almost all cases going to the link provided is the only way to get the entire article.

Just clicking on the link would have shown any reader that what was posted didn't come from me.
  4. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +986
    Not gonna stoop down there with ya bro.
  5. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    Cool.

Because you took it down there by complaining about being "misled" somehow... :ninja:

Admission to not being able to defend that accusation is good for you.
  6. Tasselhoff

Tasselhoff Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +155

Fox Guest Argues That Letting Children Go Hungry At School Teaches Them A Lesson

Read more: http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=270802#ixzz2eR1fDQdA

Pretty sure it was the title of this thread - so whether that goes on the op or the author of the article..it was still incorrect.

And in your statement..yes, teaching them a lesson would be a human act of caring

In the OP's way of using it teaching them a lesson is referring to punishment as in "I am going to teach those poor hungry kids a lesson they wont forget...."

Which is asinine and not what was meant nor should it have been inferred.
  7. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15

Actually, that's why I posted the source article with the actual video....

The guest called it a "teaching moment" to deny the child the food at checkout
  8. agigator

agigator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    Heh, I read the thread title once and then promptly forgot. I'm getting old.

Actually, I consider dumping food in front of the kids to be more of a punishment than an act of caring, if that's what they're actually doing. The words "teach them a lesson" almost always connotes a form of punishment, in my experience.

After thinking about this, I suspect that what we have here is a case of malicious obedience. Someone in the political arena decides to impose some fiscal responsibility and cuts funding. Some bureaucrat get offended by the loss of funding and decides that they're gonna take it out on the kids, to make a point.
  9. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    I agree with your assessment of how this happened 100%...

If you notice in the video neither guest is making the "leaches" argument.

The assumed "conservative/republican" is only making the argument that families who want the discount should apply.