Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Founding member of House Freedom Caucus allegedly turned blind eye to sexual abuse

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Skeeve is a word. But I had to look it up.

Do you have any more words that I've never heard of?

2. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I personally don't believe that from what I've seen about Jordan, but I could be one hundred percent wrong with that also and if he is found out to be lying he should be forced out of his position instantly. But you also got to admit it was 14 other wrestlers who totally backed him. That speaks volumes of what type of person he was to to hear them talk about him.

3. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    They didn't refute anything. They said they don't believe Jordan knew based on his character. But that doesn't change the fact that multiple wrestlers have either said they told Jordan or that he was present for conversations discussing the abuse. You're rejecting fact witnesses because of character witnesses. You can do that if you want, but don't pretend like they refuted anything. And we can all see that your desire to attack and dismiss the fact witnesses is driven by your partisan beliefs.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I think this has to be viewed partly in the context of the time. For one thing, this was before the Sandusky, Weinstein, and MSU doctor scandals put such a national spotlight on sexual abuse with the resulting high sensitivity, rightfully so, to the issue. (The Hollywood "casting couch" was legendary when Weinstein was still wearing diapers, and it was accepted as simply a fact of life.) Secondly, it's not clear that any of these reported wrestler conversations mentioned "abuse." It's my impression that these conversations mainly involved joking about the doctor. Did anyone at the time claim to be or talk like a victim of abuse? If anyone felt that way, none of these muscular athletes could defend themselves against this pathetic doctor? Seems to me that things are simply different today than they were back then, and years later what was joked about then is now abuse. But I don't know if Jordan could make that argument and get out of this. He has already made his bed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sounds like a perfectly cromulent word to me.

6. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    That's what Jordan should have said from the start. And it's the truth (except maybe the joking part; it sounds like some of those guys didn't feel like they mentioned it in a joking manner, but Jordan might have taken it as a joke). He would have taken heat, but it's nowhere near as bad as lying about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    I am sure I do. Supply me with the list of words you know and I will cross reference my known words with it. That should do it.:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I realize there were other sports involved but it seems like it was primarily wrestlers. I'm just surprised that none of them knocked the guys block off.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Now cut that out! I don't have time to be looking up words.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Here's the press release
    (no title)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. mutz87

mutz87 Famishus Vulgarus VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    One might think it odd, but even tough guy like wrestlers can be inclined to submit to perceived authority, even if what was occurring was wrong.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 12:08 PM
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    14 wrestlers defend Jordan in release
    Fourteen former Ohio State University wrestlers have gone on the record to refute claims that Rep. Jim Jordan ignored allegations of sexual abuse while serving as an assistant coach more than two decades ago, according to a group set up to provide a public defense for the Ohio Republican.

The wrestlers are listed in a press release sent out by the group “Stand with Jim Jordan.”

The press release lists statements from 14 members of the team and a 15th person who spoke anonymously.
    I was just going by the article said.

13. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    This whole thing was just a hit job and an attempted money grab thought up by some devious people who figured they could use the fact that their doctor years ago was some strange acting gay guy and deceased to try to ruin someone and gain money also.

Heck the one guy that started pressing this mess was sending the wife of a deceased former wrestler pictures of the guy that killed her husband in the mail. Some sick people linked to this attempted hit job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    That darn media at it again. ;)

15. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Do you still have the same opinion

16. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Yes. Character witnesses don't "refute" fact witnesses.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    I feel the same way but do want to let the facts play out.

I will say that if that is what this is, I thoroughly enjoy seeing Ohio State embarrassed. I just don't care for the media taking a money grab by some loser and making it a political issue about a congressman that they don't like.

18. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    This isn't a difficult concept either. Lots of people probably thought Bill Cosby was a wonderful man and would have sworn to it had you asked. There are probably even some who will still maintain he's a wonderful man to this day. These people are probably not the same people he sexually assaulted or those who knew of it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Bushmaster

Bushmaster GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007

Not really. They thought Cosby wouldn't actually RAPE these women even though he did.

Jordan is accused of knowing and not doing anything.

I asked my son about this and what he would do if that happened and he reminded me the first time he got a real football physical. One of the kids dad is a doctor and did the physicals for the whole team for free. I was waiting outside and these knuckleheads were coming out talking about how the doc was holding their nuts and have them bend over so he could look at their butthole. They were telling each other stuff like "I bet he grabbed your junk too didn't he?" and "did he stick his finger in your butt like he did so and so", "no he didn't!!!", "man, your dad has big fingers and cold hands!!", etc. The chatter was rather juvenile.

Never once did I think the doctor was sexually assaulting any of these kids.

If it later turns out this guy was molesting kids, am I guilty of not reporting an assault?

20. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Was he showering with your son and his teammates and hanging out in the locker room for no reason too? And if he was did your son complain about that as well. Because it seems a lot harder to explain that away than, "Turn your head and cough!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.