Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Founding member of House Freedom Caucus allegedly turned blind eye to sexual abuse

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    So you don't believe the doctor sexually abused athletes at Ohio State?

2. mutz87

mutz87 Famishus Vulgarus VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    No one can know for sure, but it seems awfully odd to reflexively dismiss the wrestlers account while accepting Jordan's and another coach's word on it as if the wrestlers don't have any credibility but the coaches do...despite the latter having every reason to deliberately not remember.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Bushmaster

Bushmaster GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I have no opinion on that. I have not read the alleged victims complaints, etc. It's hard to fathom athletes across multiple sports making up a story like this.

4. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    But you have no opinion on it?

5. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Power isn't always about who can lift the most weights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    This is an attempted hit job created since both sides of the swamp don't want Jordan in charge. They twisted the strange acting now deceased doctor the wrestlers laughed about into a hit job with the cooperation of ones that aren't big Jordan fans now at this current time. They may have been able to pull this hatchet job off if he had coached junior high wrestling or a woman's sport but people can see this claim is a joke.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  7. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well then no way he survives. I’d change my mind from “unconvinced” to “yikes that’s a real problem” if people say they told him. As I said up thread I don’t see how a normal person could ignore something like this.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Ex-OSU wrestler says Jim Jordan knew about alleged abuse - CNN
    "I remember coming up and saying, 'Strauss held my balls longer than normal.' He just snickered."

The former wrestler recalled one time when he went into the wrestling room at OSU and a few athletes and Jordan were "clumped together." He said he remembered saying, "something to the effect of 'his hands are cold as s**t; he checked out every hair on my ball,'" and said Jordan replied, "I have nothing to do with this" and walked away.

"He's sitting here and directly lying," the former wrestler said, adding that fellow former wrestler Mike DiSabato is being "absolutely truthful."

Ex-wrestlers say U.S. Rep. Jim Jordan knew of alleged abuse by Ohio State team doctor
    Yetts, 47, of Steubenville, said Strauss groped him at least three times during routine exams when he wrestled in the early to mid-1990s. Jordan was Yetts' weight-class coach at the time, and the two spoke frequently about Strauss, he said. Jordan was among the people Yetts told about groping the first time in happened in 1992, Yetts told The Associated Press Tuesday.

"He'd even make comments, 'This guy better not touch me,'" Yetts said.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    And then there are the people who said he was present when they were discussing it:
    Fourth Ohio State wrestler says Rep. Jim Jordan knew of team doctor's abuse
    Shawn Dailey told NBC News he was groped several times by Richard Strauss — and Jordan was present with other wrestlers in the team locker room when they discussed Strauss' actions.

"It was very common knowledge in the locker room that if you went to Dr. Strauss for anything, you would have to pull your pants down.” Dailey, 43, said.

7th Former Wrestler: Rep. Jim Jordan ‘Definitely’ Knew About Abuse
    David Range, a wrestler at the school in the late 1980s, told The Washington Post on Saturday that Jordan, the assistant wrestling coach from 1987 to 1995, was present for conversations about the alleged sexual misconduct by Richard Strauss. “Jordan definitely knew that these things were happening—yes, most definitely. It was there. He knew about it because it was an everyday occurrence,” he said. “We talked about it all the time in the locker room” while Jordan was present, he said.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Frankly, if Jordan had just been honest from the beginning, it would have hurt, but it wouldn't have been fatal imo. But lying is what always gets people in trouble. There are already eight guys saying that he knew. One of them was a UFC Heavyweight Champion. I think any person willing to put politics aside realizes that Jordan being smeared doesn't make sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Bingo. Unless you're Donald Trump. Then people just laugh about it, like the wrestlers laughed about the doctor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Notice the repeated word "abuse." The denial is all about "abuse." How is that defined? At the time, remember, the athletes considered what the doctor did a "joke." (Now, in the post-Sandusky, post-MSU, MeToo era, it's abuse.) I'm sure that Jordan is telling the truth that no athlete told him "the doctor is abusing me, coach." Nor did he ever hear anyone in the locker room say "the doctor is abusing me."

Isn't the English language wonderful?

11. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Jordan has hired a PR team:

Jordan steps up defense amid sex abuse firestorm

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Jordan can hire anyone he wants. I assume the time will come in the OSU investigation for a sworn deposition. I'll await the results of that and not PR statements.

(Remember this categorial public denial? "I did not have sexual relations with that woman Ms. Lewinsky." Then, with Ms. Lewinsky's stained dress, it was, "Out, out, damned spot!")

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    Not only does he not say he wasnt aware the doctor was a perv but he hasnt said anything. You cant get caught in a perjury trap if you never say anything on the subject.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    If early on he had said he thought it was locker room talk and apologized for not doing more I think he would have survived. He is circling the drain. He wont survive this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    I disagree. The media would have crucified him in the court of public opinion. Saying “I apologize for not doing more” gives the media Carte Blanche to speculate at will.

Paterno, while not accused of any wrongdoing by the investigation, said he wished he had done more. That didn’t work out too well for him. That case was apples and oranges relative to this one but the concept is similar for anyone who becomes a media target.

16. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    He can always go into pro wrestling. He could use the name "Doctor, No!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Former OSU wrestler sought compensation from school over sex abuse allegations
    Former OSU wrestler sought compensation from school over sex abuse allegations
    A former Ohio State University wrestler who came forward with allegations last week that a doctor sexually abused athletes on the team sought compensation from the school last month, according to a copy of an email obtained by The Hill.
    Other former Buckeye wrestlers, like Nick Nutter, say they experienced sexual abuse at the hands of Strauss, but say they believe Jordan was unaware of what was going on.

Fourteen other wrestlers went on the record Tuesday to refute claims that Jordan knew or must have known that student athletes were allegedly being abused by Strauss in the 1980s and 90s.

“Jim Jordan was almost intimidatingly a goody two-shoes. I never heard the man cuss. If I was near him, I would never even say the word penis because I would hate for him to judge me and think I’m a sinner and deviant,” Nutter told The Hill in a telephone interview on Wednesday.

A few of our local leftist was quick to blame Jordan and take the word of the wrestlers that he had to know about their claims. Now there's 14 wrestlers that went on record to refute that claims that Jordan must have known about this. I stated 2 of those wrestlers were known to be sketchy and now we know it was about getting a settlement , what a surprise.
    Based on how they already convicted Jordan based on the 7 wrestlers , I'm sure now that we have 14 refuting this they will be quick to change their opinion.

18. danmann65

May 22, 2015

I believe the doctor is a skeeve and their maybe some sketchy actions at OSU. Jordan is acting like he is guilty. He hasnt even publicly denied the claims.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I learned a new word today. I guess I need to get out more.

20. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    I may have made it up. Skeevy is a word. Skeeve in my opinion means one who is skeevy.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.