Former Gator and Pats TE Aaron Hernandez charged with murder

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Shade45, Jun 26, 2013.

1. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288

Who's pouting? What an absurd characterization. There's no good reason to make a douche bag post like this. But fire away. Yawn.
  2. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,723
    You're yawning and getting flustered?

At any rate, that's just my estimation. People who have convinced themselves that Meyer is significantly worse than 99% of coaches, disowning a great period in our school's history and generally being superdramatic about every little thing that Meyer says ... yeah, pouting.
  3. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,723
    Ultimately, here's what it comes down to:

If you're a top flight program, you're going to have open containers, underage drinking, assaults, suspended licenses. This is a guarantee. And every few years you're going to have something more egregious.

If you don't want to "win that way" in college football, no problem because you won't be winning at all. Find me a coach that has managed to avoid all of these pitfalls and win championships. I'll be here waiting.
  4. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,406
    If you want to win clean, I'd suggest you become a fan of Harvard or the Naval Academy.
  5. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,723
    Fun fact: in 2012 Harvard was #9 at one point on the Fulmer's Cup. In 2006 (I think) they had a player choke his girlfriend and got all the way up to #4.

Long story short: 18 year old males are unpredictably stupid. The only thing you can count on is if you assemble 100+ of them some crimes will be committed.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,723
  7. wgbgator

Ratings Received:
    +1,406
    Yeah, I was thinking in terms of recruiting shennanigans and cash incentives/booster corruption, but that's totally true. 18 year old males raging with hormones and *probably* steroids --> essentially a loaded gun at any school.
  8. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,918
    Yeah, this....

....and 19...and 20...and 21...and 22...and, well, frankly the world just has a ton of ridiculously stupid people in it.

All programs have "troubled" kids to an extent. We hear more about the Florida, Miami, Oregon and company issues because they're bigger program. No one cares if a couple of players from an unknown D3 directional school got busted for something stupid.
  9. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +800
    This!

Exactly right. We hired a mercenary (well, Foley did anyway). We knew what we were getting; and we got what we paid for. IMO, we got MORE than what we paid for. In merely 5 seasons, we got:

TWO NC'S--that's 2 x what Steve Spurrier was able to accomlish in 12 seasons! (and we passed the nolies in this category);

2 SEC champs--equaling the number of illigitimate SEC titles in almost 80 years before Spurrier (and more than any legit titles of course);

...and another Heisman Trophy via Tebow.

I'm just fine with his legacy.

....and no warm fuzzies over it either. Who cares? I like it better that way frankly--Spurrier left a void that felt like a kick in the nuts, for years...

I don't want any CFB coach able to have that kind of impact on me, ever again. (of couse, youth had a lot to do with that, but still--I like a nice, cold, arms-length mercenary type relationship between the program and the Coach--helps keep things in perspective....).
  10. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,260
    Somewhere, a Tebowmaniac is praying that Brady and Mallett were the other two guys in the car.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Shade45

Shade45 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +396
    Breaking: Aaron Hernandez being investigated in connection with 2012 Boston double murder, source tells CNN.

Ouch.
  12. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +800
    ^^^Wow. Seems more and more like he was a real piece of work.

But hey, what's 40 million bucks, an NFL carrier, a family, and general respect, compared to....what....your childhood buds thinking your a bad ass? Keeping your street cred???

WTF was he thinking? Why give half a sh*t what the losers in your past think of you, after you have it made?

(...pardon if I'm being a bit presumptuous here...).

I really liked the guy before all this came out--as a player that is--particularly as a Gator.

This whole story is just really sad.
  13. Shade45

Shade45 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +396
  14. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,918
    Well on the bright side, the Patriots don't have to worry about Tebow being a distraction.

Can you imagine what AH's ex-teammates are thinking about him right now? It's one thing to pull stupid college stuff, but a possible execution style murder and now the possibility of some more?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. g8rjd

g8rjd Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +374
    Made me laugh at my desk rep.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. wgbgator

Ratings Received:
    +1,406
    Hah, they might encourage the Tebow circus now. :grin:
  17. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288
  18. MastaG8r

MastaG8r New Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    After reviewing all available information I've got a theory about what went down.

When I first heard the story about how Hernandez and his crew were pissed off at this guy because he was apparently fraternizing with a group of their "enemies," and they felt like they couldn't trust him anymore, my thought was, why would they kill him over that? What kind of stuff were they into, such that a violation of trust was seen by them as a capital offense?

This guy Hernandez evidently ran with a tough, gang-related crowd in high school and has been "keeping it real" with them ever since. Meanwhile this AFL player, the victim, was probably sort of an outsider who worked his way into their circle by virtue of dating the sister of Hernandez's girlfriend.

So my theory is that AFL found out about some highly illegal activities that NFL was involved with, which was information that represented a threat to NFL's livelihood. Then when Hernandez and his boys saw AFL being friendly with some sort of enemy crew, they got worried that he might run his mouth to the wrong people. So, having seen too many movies and Sopranos episodes, they took him on a one-way drive.

Now that the news is coming out that Hernandez is being investigated for some earlier murders, I think that's the information - and who knows what else? - that AFL knew about, which made NFL and his posse regard him as a liability or potential rat who had to be eliminated.
  19. wgbgator

Ratings Received:
    +1,406

Certainly plausible. Seems possible to me they wanted to scare him, but things went a little too far. Maybe one of his buddies pulled the trigger to "prove" his toughness, or maybe even AH did to prove he was "real."
  20. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,723
    lol. You're the one who got all flustered and then attempted a "yawn," not me.