For Florida to Win Saturday...

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by j_major32, Oct 9, 2013.

1. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,747
    Agree, although I am not counting on a big run game based on what we've seen so far. Our OL isn't creating much space and our primary RBs don't seem to have the combination of vision and feet to get to the space that is there before it closes down, so we slam into piles and get 3 yards maybe.

But if we can get to 3rd and 4 most of the time, I think Murph will continue to make 3rd down conversions for us. Won't be pretty but it's effective.
  2. Brewski

Brewski Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +161
    Murph isn't scared. He's a confident, cool, cat....he may even like to eat corn dogs.
  3. phideltdj

phideltdj Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +259
    The running game has to get creative as well...we can't expect the same inside running plays and an occasional jet sweep to Patton to be enough. Pease needs to develop some threat of an outside the tackles running game to go with the inside the tackle game. Running option may be necessary but the risk of getting Murphy hurt that way scares me.
  4. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +893
    I would think part of the plan is rolling Tyler out preemptively but that's just what I wish for so he doesn't take some sacks.

Sure, but do you run out of the gate to set up the pass? If you do and average 2.5 ypc then LSU pins their ears back on 3rd so Tyler still gets attacked. I guess staff has to call some plays and see what happens. I just hope they are ready to do it either way- pass first or run first. Hoping we don't stubbornly run up the middle as if that's really all we have ready.