Food For Thought..

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by FlyingGatorII, Jun 20, 2013.

1. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +896 / 41 / -9
    "Most" and "most" is still pretty bad, though.
  2. GatorRade

GatorRade Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +549 / 11 / -2
    Ahh, I just don't trust anyone that is fiercely partisan to have a non-biased viewpoint on this. I would expect you to have this view of "most" and "most" even if it were "few" and "none". And I would expect the ardent liberals to have the opposite view.

Do most/every liberal policies have downsides to them, particularly economic ones? Of course. Is there any gap between having an economic downside and outright "slavery"? I hope so. Rick thinks that people like Row are communists, which shows how skewed his perspective has become. If he ever saw a real "communist" in power here, he'd really begin to understand why the word slavery should be reserved.

Wanting same sex couples to have the ability to be legally married? Not slavery. (in fact, gay people are probably arguing the opposite) Wanting to raise taxes by 5% to help with debt and preserve social safety net? Closer to "slavery", I guess, but I'd hate to think what words he would have to use if someone tried to raise taxes by 50%...or actually kidnapped him from his house and forced him to work 15 hour days in a field for no money to avoid beatings. He might wish that he didn't us up the word slavery for the whole gay marriage thing, at that point.