Fontana and Tuck lead Lancaster to a come from behind opening day win

Discussion in 'Around the Horn - Baseball & Men's Gator Sports!' started by skz868992, Apr 5, 2013.

1. skz868992

skz868992 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +183
    Taken from the Astros minor league site:
    Shortstop Nolan Fontana reached base in all five of his plate appearances including a two-run home run in the third inning and a leadoff single to start the winning rally in the eighth inning. With the JetHawks trailing by one run in the eighth, Fontana singled to right and eventually scored on a Preston Tucker fielder's choice ground out.

Plenty of opportunity for both in the Astros system.
  2. skz868992

skz868992 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +183
    Oh, by the way, that Zunino guy can hit a little bit. 3-4 with a double, triple and HR, 3 RBI and a walk in his AAA debut at Tacoma. How you gonna keep him down on the farm?
  3. gtj31

gtj31 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +71
    As a 'Stros fan, there is room for me in the Astros' system! That team is awful and has been for a while. I lived in Houston for the past couple years and still almost never went to games. No entertainment value at all.
  4. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +530
    A few years ago (before the Rays good run), you could easily pick up a couple of tickets for $5 a piece and sit not too much further away than our Section E equivalent (heck, for all I know it's still like that now there). I had a blast the times I was able to go; were these opportunities not available for the Houston games? ...or just not worth the $5?

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  5. gtj31

gtj31 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +71
    The opportunities were there aplenty. I lived about 45-1 hour from downtown and was frankly too lazy to drive 2 hours round trip to watch 3 hours of crap baseball. Houston is just too big and Jenn and I spent almost every free day we had at the beach (Surfside, not Galveston).

The stadium is pretty cool and the weather is awful in the summer so the fact that it is quasi indoors is probably a good thing but I still prefer the Ballpark at Arlington. Just feels more like baseball to me.