Foley Presser

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Diesel350z, Nov 30, 2013.

1. GatorLaw25

GatorLaw25 Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    This.
  2. lagorcegator

lagorcegator Member

Ratings Received:
    +196
    Fooley must go'!!!!!!
    he is beyond arrogant!!!!!
    GO GATORS
    • Boring Boring x 4
  3. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    lol what happened to your done deal with a new coach?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. GatorLaw25

GatorLaw25 Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    Hey lagorce, what happened to WM being fired on Monday and a new HC already agreeing through his agent??
    Did you just make that up??
  5. GatorLaw25

GatorLaw25 Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    BTTT.
    Lagorce??
  6. Crusher

Crusher Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +152
    Talk about a perfect way to hang on to your job: "Just F it up so badly that no one in his right mind would ever want to try to clean up the mess!"
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Crusher

Crusher Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +152
    There was actually one pointed question as to why the difference in opinion now on vs. Zook's last year. Of course after Foley's blah, blah, I get zingy feelings about Muschump, blah, blah, blah, there was no follow-up question about what actually quantifiable results leads hims to those "feelings."
  8. Crusher

Crusher Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +152
    So Muschump was a home-run hire in your opinion 3 years ago? I had the same sinking pit feeling in my stomach that we were going down the Zook road again and boy was I wrong. I never imagined that any coach at UF could make Zook look like a GD genius.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. cistern

cistern Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +483
    I noticed that too and it's disappointing for me, personally, because I want to believe that changes can be made on the offense. I want to believe that what Muschamp said today in post-conference is true, that his philosophy needs to be re-examined and he is going to do just that. I want to believe that when he said "perception is not always reality" and that he would be "willing to do whatever it takes to score" is true. Unfortunately, the only thing I have to base that belief on is the last three years of football and I haven't found anything in that body of work implying a one year offensive turn around is in the books.
  10. Crusher

Crusher Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +152
    I had a bad feeling in his very first press conference when hired would be that our offense would be "pro-style." Which to me screamed "recruits come play for me because I will get you into the pros, although I have no earthly idea about how to run an offense. It was the same as when Zook said our offense would be "multiple." (multiple failures?) Sadly recruits didn't buy it and as Urban's last few middling offensive talents leave the team it is virtually bereft of talent on that side of the ball.

The bad thing is this year they are going to keep this fool as HC, let him scapegoat his offensive staff, and hire all new ones in his usual slow-pokey manner, and completely fail at another recruiting class. We are really getting close to following the UT methodology to a completely talent free team in 4-5 short, easy steps (years) at the rate we are going.

This ain't basketball folks you can't put a great team together with 3 great recruits. It could take years to clean up the Muschump mess and the longer we stick with it the longer its going to take.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. number1

number1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +295
    A royal mess that has been made even worse?
  12. number1

Ratings Received:
    +295
    Exactly. I am sure Auburn was real worried when they chose to fire Chizik and hire Malzahn, and he actually won a BCS title with them.
  13. number1

Ratings Received:
    +295
    Yes, I don't get how folks can actually sit there and think that Florida is just such a horrible job where no one wants to coach at because you have to put in some hard work to turn the program around.
  14. number1

Ratings Received:
    +295
    Obviously you can't just say 100% that any coach that we hire will succeed, but I would put good money on Penn State's Bill O'Brien being able to turn this program back into a solid team on both sides of the ball. If we can't get him, then I would go after a coach that is familiar with the Southern region and has built a winning program at a former cupcake school, UL-Lafayette. Mark Hudspeth would be able to get things turned around here.

I won't count out that this team wins 9+ next season, but for that to have any chance at happening, we are going to have to develop a better offense that is tailored more to our players' strengths. Driskel is not a pocket passer, stop forcing him to be one.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    I'm a big O'Brien fan. He has done great work saving Penn State's program. This year's team was very young, especially on defense, and they just took down Wiscy in Madison, finishing 7-5.

He's not a lifer at Penn State, but will stay there long enough to get them back to contender status and see them through the sanctions. I think he goes to the NFL and is very successful there.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. gatorpa

gatorpa Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +296
    Yup, Meter picked us, then sandbagged 2010 and left to springboard to a job he really wanted.
  17. gatorpa

gatorpa Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +296

Sounds similar to Meyer saying he was gonna fix it in 2010, right before he took off to OSU, I mean spend time with his family.