Foley Presser

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Diesel350z, Nov 30, 2013.

1. swampspring

swampspring Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +348

No one said that, but that's history, and our athletic dept is largely dependent on a strong football program. That's where the money lies...I appreciate the other programs too, but if Foley drops the ball with another failed football season under Muschamp, yes, his seat will be quite a bit warmer. Also, you may have missed the other threads on this topic and I'm too lazy to find them, but we have had a very strong athletic program before Foley even arrived.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. jisgator

jisgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +47
    Hey, if there's a guy out there that can return this program to the promised land I'm all for it. I just don't believe that there is a guy right now. To me there just isn't that 1 or 2 guys that are the next up and coming great coaches at the moment.
  3. novagator1

novagator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +39
    Foley is retiring in 3 years, what difference does it make to force retire him next year or three years. You think Foley is going to stick around till he is 80? Foley is behind Champ, and if we don't improve then he needs to retire (or fired you terminolgy).
  4. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +281
    Yes, wake up. Our program is being driven into they ground! First losing season in 30+ years! Third straight season with a shameful offense! Sorry fundamentals across the board!

No, last year was no accident. It was the same sorry ass offense, paired with a stacked defense recruited by Meyer and a great punter that has now regressed (along with many others).

And why is 11-2 now somehow the holy grail that should make us forget his sorry overall record? Or his .500 first season? Or this brilliant 4-8 record? Did we win an NC? The SEC? Even the east? Hardly a historic season.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  5. jisgator

jisgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +47
    Classy. Thanks for being THAT GUY in this thread who personally insults those who you don't agree with.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +663
    This is the most disgusted I have ever been with Gator football. I can't believe we are gonna keep WM.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  7. swampspring

Ratings Received:
    +348
    Wait, so being called Muschamp is a personal insult? I thought you were just defending the guy. Hilarious that you would think that is a personal insult. I have a feeling you dont know what personal insult means.

You're THAT GUY who takes any critique as a personal insult.
    • Boring Boring x 2
  8. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    If you think there were distractions this season, just wait.

Every game in 2014 will be a must win. Each loss will bring up Muschamp's hot seat. Most coaches don't survive seasons like that.

He's being set up for failure next year and Foley better have a really good replacement lined up, or we become UT.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. jisgator

jisgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +47
    I guess I just don't live my entire life around Gator football or even enough to COMPLETELY FREAK OUT over Foley deciding to give 1 more year to a guy who did go 11-2 last season.

I'm hardly happy with this season and if there was a guy out there that I thought we could go after to be the next great coach for us, I'd be all for it.

Instead of just flipping out why don't you tell me who you want to hire.
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Tito22

Tito22 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +154
    The next Urban is hard to find. A coach who could take the University of Florida to at least a bowl game would be very easy to find. You have to be clueless to go 3 years in a row with an offense ranked in the 100's at this univeristy. Losses to FCS schools? Lol there is no reason Muschamp should still be the coach at Florda. None. Zero.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. swampspring

Ratings Received:
    +348
    There's countless threads about potential hires. I'm sure a brief page view for the past few days will reveal that. I would take ANY of them over Muschamp.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +573
    That's what I was thinking. There's a plan? GatorNation would sure be more comfortable if you might share it with us.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. jisgator

jisgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +47
    I'm rubber your glue.... Grow up!

Sigh.....Again, you have no clue what you're talking about. I'm not supporting anything that's happened this year. I'm just telling you that firing Muschamp without knowing who you would hire to replace him and being confident that that guy can lead our program, would be a bigger mistake than giving Muschamp 1 more year.

If you would actually think after reading something you might be able to catch on to that.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. swampspring

Ratings Received:
    +348
    lol what? Am I missing something here? Did I hit some sort of sore spot that you happen to want to take out on me? Maybe we can agree to disagree because obviously you have some sort of personal issues going on that I'm not aware of, and if so, I apologize for exacerbating the problem. Obviously, you haven't read any threads on here that have answered your questions like literally on a daily basis, but if you want to rehash the same questions, that have been answered, that's on you. Have a good day!!!
    • Boring Boring x 1
  15. Hasbeen

Hasbeen Member

Ratings Received:
    +33
    Is there something so compellingly positive about CWM's head coaching abilities that it would cause JF to continue to support him, despite our worst season in 34 years, a record number of the wrong kind of firsts, a third consecutive offense ranked below 100, stunted player development, repeated sideline outbursts, lack of on-field leadership and preparedness, etc? I doubt it, despite his VOC.

I'm a big believer in JF, but he's rolling the dice on next season no matter what decision he makes. I honestly think that having UF perceived as a revolving door for head coaches bothers him more than the possible damage of keeping Muschamp around another year. I know it plays against his philosphy of the inevitable, but what could be more inevitable right now than the need for CWM to be replaced? JF's playing out a slow moving strategy that has a slim chance to be successful next year, but at least he'll have had an extra year to make connections, cultivate WM's successor, and perhaps soften the perception that UF is a revolving door. JMO
    • Like Like x 2
  16. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,058
    Can we fire you?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. cistern

cistern Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +496
    Exactly! I'm tired of Foley and Muschamp claiming we're going to fix it! What gives Foley the impression that Muschamp CAN fix it? Because he says he will? I want more than a damn promise! Not only that, our players and recruits deserve more than a promise!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 62gator

62gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +152
    Foley says Muschamp "has a plan" and "I think he will fix it". So, Muschamp will be given at least one more year to "fix" three years of 'Muschamp Ball'...........with more 'Muschamp Ball'. Yes, I struggle to see the logic in that...
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +493
    I can't watch anymore of this type of football. It wasn't coaching that caused 11-2 last year. It was dumb luck. That was a frustrating season as well, much like this one.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Actually it was coaching. Urban Meyer's coaching that brought us players like Reed, Gillislee, Floyd, Bostic, Jenkins, Elam, etc.
    • Like Like x 2