Florida vs USF

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by AndrewSpivey, May 19, 2013.

1. IowaGator

IowaGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +190
    now 4-1 bruins bottom 6 still in progress.
  2. DarthGatorOne

DarthGatorOne VIP Member VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +76
    I was really worried about this game. When she's on, Nevins can make the best hitters and the best teams look bad. I was stunned yesterday when the Gators knocked her out of the box after 1 1/3 innings. That was clearly an aberration for her.

This was an outstanding effort by a team that has been fun to watch all season. They will fight to the death and have fun doing it. I watched the first two games against Hampton and USF live on GatorVision, but I had an appointment and couldn't watch the game today. I wish that I could watch a replay of the game, but, thanks to GatorVision I cannot. I can watch the replays of any of the men's baseball team's home losses that were broadcast via GatorVision, including the loss to Auburn on 5/12, the date of the last replay posted by GatorVision, but I can't watch any of the Gator softball team victories in the Regional over the past three days. Why not?

I just sent a message to GatorVision asking them why we aren't getting any replays of the softball team games played at home and broadcast by GatorVision. Unless there is some sort of a contractual problem with the NCAA, this state of affairs is beyond me.

I asked them to respond and advised them that whatever their response, I was going to post it on several threads here on Gator Country. I await......................
  3. swampgas44

swampgas44 Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    Nevins threw illegally on just about every pitch today. She hops almost 18 inches when pitching to left handed batters. She was only called for illegal pitches once in the entire game. Really pisses me off that the umps don't have the guts to call it. Glad we won inspite of her illegal pitches.
  4. PD

PD VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,937
    And yet we essentially got taken out of our rhythm and focus couple years ago in the CWS, probably costing us a NC because they kept calling Bob for illegal pitches that were NOT illegal.
  5. DarthGatorOne

DarthGatorOne VIP Member VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +76
    The response from GatorVision about the replays of the Gator victories in the regiona was, I'm afraid, what I expected. They said that the NCAA owns the rights to all of the regional, super-regional, etc tournament games and that they will not permit the showing of complete game replays, only highlights.

Bummer.