Florida vs Georgia Week ALWAYS Big

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by No1GatorFreak, Oct 28, 2013.

1. No1GatorFreak

No1GatorFreak Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    I'm not here to b1tch n moan about everything wrong with us because we all already know. I'm not here to defend Champ or put him down. This is all I know THIS WEEK...

I remember back in 2005 when a coach who was deemed "out of his league" and his "offense will never work in the SEC" and "didn't have a clue" came limping into the Georgia game. Hell, he even CRIED after the loss in the previous game to LSU thus the name "Urban Cryer". He was a defeated man coming off 2 big losses to Alabama and LSU. We were a mess. We had the WORST offense in the SEC. We used that game against Georgia to spring board ourselves into winning all but 1 game the rest of the year and had a big game at the Swamp against FSU and hauled in a heck of a recruiting class. The wheels were coming off but us underdogs went to Jax and handled the mutts. Not saying the same unbelievable events will happen after this week, just remembering how profound an effect this game can serve. Georgia turned around their season last year with this game, and in 2007 and 1997. This game many times has turned into a spring board to the rest of the year for the winning team no matter the circumstance. Here's hoping that we can forget about everyones fav qb for a week (winston) and remember a big reason why it's great to be a Gator because there are so many opportunities on our schedule every year to prove ourselves. This is a bigg'en this week no matter what and I'm hoping for a huge Gator win that would feel so good to everyone involved. GO GATORS!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,481
    I admit, I was going to shoot this post down. I don't have much faith, but you make some good points.

Great post! Would be a huge win..
  3. No1GatorFreak

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Would def be a huge much needed win. I think with the off week and this being Georgia week that our guys will play a spirited game. Doesn't mean we will play well but they will play hard. And if something good happens for us early and we get off to a good start then we may play with a different look to us. I just know that with this being Georgia week I would love to see our fans put down their guns and arrows and just try and do our part to pump some life into this place for this game. I mean after all isn't that where we got Mr 2 Bits? This is a huge game that would mean a lot to our program right now regardless of both teams current standing
  4. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +957
    No different from any other game, right?
  5. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,028
    I'm with that. :yes:

Great post and OP.

+1
  6. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,396
    That story about Cody Riggs calling Jaylen Watkins right after the Mizzou FG boink and saying : "We're still in it!" speaks VOLUMES about the heart these players have.

We need to set aside all the distractions and get this done!!!!!

GO GATORS!!!!!! :yes:
  7. No1GatorFreak

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Hey if it happens great. This weekend is by far our biggest game is the year. Talk about being at a crossroads. You never know.. I mean a 4 loss 2001 Lsu team (that we handled in Death Valley 44-15) had no business winning the sec. I'm not gonna bet a bottle of ketchup on it but that's why we play the games.
  8. Pieisyummy

Pieisyummy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +120
    Gurley back means one might need the alcohol.
  9. No1GatorFreak

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Oh Lord... Well here's to hoping our defensive line can dominate the line of scrimmage or he will run over, by, and through our weak line backing corp.