Florida Pot Vote Seen Helping Democrat Become Governor

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by chompalot, Jan 16, 2014.

1. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +994
    I still wonder what he's doing. Was a really good friend, but just sucked us all dry. Can only beat your head against the wall so many times.
  2. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +760
    So, if we already have medical M in pill form why do we need it in cigarette form?
  3. ufdocco

ufdocco Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +295
    The effects aren't identical, but your question is valid.
    In my opinion, there are people who derive medical benefit from marijuana, but the largest percentage of holders of MMJ cards here in Colorado were males in the early/mid 20's, and a disproportionate number of those were in Boulder, and Ft. Collins, which in every fitness article rank in the Top 5 if not #1 and #2 for the healthiest cities in the US.
    The "medical" designation here was a joke for at least 90% of the card holders here.
    As far as the amount of recreational weed that will be sold here, I think it will go through the roof until the other states catch up legislatively.
  4. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +909
    It could be claimed that those who suffer from sexual addiction could get relief from their affliction by having sex. Should rape also be legalized?

BTW, I'm all for it. With legal marijuana, think of all the jobs that would become available from the pot-heads who would rather sit at home and smoke rather than getting off their ass and going to work. Imagine the increase in productivity the US would realize once the dopers were removed from the workforce?
  5. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,678
    Because pretense. The point is to smoke it recreationally, whether there is a putative pain relief/therapeutic interest or not. I have more respect for states that are actually sacking up and admitting why they are passing it. "Medical marijuana" legalization is just to rope the fence-sitters who figure they can rationalize that exception.

EDIT:

What would people do if they suddenly could rely on getting their correct change, and from someone who didn't need a calculator and/or more than 30 seconds to calculate it?
  6. brainstorm

brainstorm Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +783
    You brought up the topic of addiction, not me. Perhaps you will toss in alcohol and prescription drugs in with your argument. Are you for making them illegal?I think you are off base with your rape analogy. The use of cannabis is victimless whereas rape is not
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. brainstorm

Ratings Received:
    +783
    Sorry. My phone keyboard was acting weird so I will have to add my last comment here. I think you punish bad behavior rather than outlawing.
  8. brainstorm

Ratings Received:
    +783
    "Dopers", alcoholics and drug addicts are already in the work force. Dumb people too.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +784
    I would love to see every democrat politician in the state of Florida tie their political future to legalizing pot. We would never have another democrat in office. Two things you should know about old people: they vote, and they don't like potheads. Also, it is very easy to convince them that a pothead is going to break into their house and steal their medicines or Social Security check--why would they want to help people become drug addicts? They saw how medical marijuana in California got perverted into "teenager says he has a headache--prescribe some pot for him." And Florida has more than enough old people to swing almost any election. Offend the old people in Florida, and you won't get elected. Period.
  10. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,707
    which is worse for you, alcohol or pot? Why should alcohol be legal and not weed?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. chemgator

Ratings Received:
    +784
    Rick Scott is one of the best governors in Florida history, unless you are a left wingnut lunatic. He had the courage to turn down Obama's attempt at high-speed rail in Florida (with a side order of electorate bribery), which would have put the state several billion dollars in debt.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,707
    Yet those same people have no problem filling their xanax and valium prescription before heading to the liquor store on the way home. Not everyone who smokes is a dropout couch bum. You and many others are drinking the koolaid that the opposition is serving up. Is everyone who has a glass of wine destined to become a wino street bum?
  13. chemgator

Ratings Received:
    +784
    Both hurt productivity of society and increase danger for the user and the people around them (I was almost killed by a drunk driver). Alcohol is already established and part of the culture, so you can't get rid of it. Pot isn't. I wouldn't mind legalizing pot for true medical cases like cancer. But no state has done that successfully yet.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,707
    Why do we need alcohol, caffeine, xanax , valium, nicotine, sleeping pills? THC is a mood altering substance just like all of the above that some people prefer to any of the above.
  15. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,707
    That is a very weak argument and you might be surprised if you knew how much weed is part of the culture. Agree that driving while impaired on any substance is wrong. If you think that keeping pot illegal is going to stop it from being used you are mistaken.
  16. DaveFla

Ratings Received:
    +909
    Face it. Any person who insists that they need pot (or alcohol) is an addict.

And I disagree that marijuana crimes are "victimless". The price for pot went up 400% in Colorado after it became legal. Where do you think the jobless potheads are finding the $ to satisfy their addiction? I mean, before Obama signs an executive order funding their sickness?
  17. DaveFla

Ratings Received:
    +909
    Not in my culture. In my culture, we are subject to pre-employment, random and 'for cause' drug testing. Fail any on of them, even for marijuana, and youre OUT!
  18. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,707
    But getting falling down drunk is ok. I understand that society still views one as bad and one as OK but does that make it right?
  19. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +744
    It's a big deal because we waste billions every year fighting a problem that isn't really a problem.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,707
    Plenty of professional and skilled people prefer thc to alcihol. Not everyone who smokes is dysfunctional anymore than everybody who drinks a glass of wine or a sip of good scotch is a disfunctional alcoholic