Florida Pot Vote Seen Helping Democrat Become Governor

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by chompalot, Jan 16, 2014.

1. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,346
    Isn't much of the pill mill problem that people come in from out of state, stock up, and then sell on the black market? Do you have to get the equivalent of a dispensary card for pill mills?
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  2. brainstorm

brainstorm Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +791
    People already smoke weed. It costs us money to fight it - LE, Court, Prison. Just legalize, tax and go on your way. Apply DUI laws for offenders.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. cjgator76

cjgator76 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +310
    My point isn't that drug use is a good thing. My point is that the social risks inherent in any recreational MJ use which might follow from legalizing medical MJ aren't even in the same constellation as the risks arising from opiate use. Opiate addiction and MJ addiction (stretching that term to cover weed) are night and day. So I don't see any inconsistency or hypocrisy in taking different regulatory/law enforcement approaches to the two drugs.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,749
    cannabis vs opiates is apples and watermelons. opiates are much more harmful and addictive. heck, alcohol is much more harmful and addictive than cannabis
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +761
    Believe the whole MM movement was started by Crist's buddy John Morgan who's attempting to kill two birds with one stone.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    Morgan's a nice guy in real life... even though I don't believe in any of his political views.. I wouldn't be surprised to see him endorsing weed... he hosted Obama when he came to town...
  7. Gatormb

Ratings Received:
    +761
    Just curious of the active ingredient that is helping medical problems can be put in pill form?
  8. brainstorm

brainstorm Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +791
    Pills, spray form, oil. For medicinal purposes THC can be treated similar to other meds.
  9. Gatormb

Ratings Received:
    +761
    Glad he's got it together now.

Morgan and his red Cadillac were pulled over on S.R. 436 after pulling out of a Denny’s parking lot. Police say he swerved across lanes without signaling and stopped abruptly in the intersection with S.R. 17/92, after having traveled five feet past the white line marking a safe-stopping location. After the light changed, Morgan drove on, nearly clipping the curb, before using all three lanes to negotiate a curve, according to reports by Casselberry police. He was pulled over at Brewer Street and, after reportedly failing field sobriety tests, cited for driving under the influence. Still, Morgan might have avoided serious trouble. He had done so before after being arrested for DUI. But, according to the arresting officer, Morgan became enraged upon arriving at the Seminole County Jail, called the officer a "fat f**ker" and "baldy," twice headbutted him, and hit him in the face with his left hand. So, in addition to charges of DUI, failure to provide insurance and two other minor traffic offenses, Morgan was charged with battery on a police officer, a third-degree felony calling for up to five years in prison.

http://www2.orlandoweekly.com/features/story.asp?id=252

Got away with a plea bargain of a $1,500 fine.
  10. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    He still parties, but now he has a DD.
  11. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +943
    Is marijuana more or less addictive and/or harmful than oxycodone (i.e. opioids)? If the answer is" less addictive and/or harmful" then yes, for consistency we should legalize synthetic opioids as well.

edit: I see someone has already made this obvious point and it was ignored. Surprise.
  12. sappanama

sappanama VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    No you misunderstood; I get it, am ok with legalization if that is what >50% voters want. what i don't get is why is it such a big deal and especially why it should be a main topic in a state or national election. does being in favor of pot and ultimately all recreational drugs, mean you have the tools to balance a budget, to bring about tax reform, to bring jobs to the state.
    secondly i agree that etoh is every bit as destructive, maybe more so, and personally would be ok with both being illegal because they don't help me in any constructive way in my job marriage or friendships, it really is a non issue for me. pot was illegal in the early 70s when i started and so was etoh for my age group, today i would probably be more likely to smoke a joint because i remember it a better, mellow buzz, but lets not pretend either is harmless. maybe 10% use it, so why is it such a big deal?
  13. squigator

squigator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +104
    Well I have and I'm convinced CO styled legalization is not going to serve the general public well. We have enough brain dead idiots driving our streets as it is. One group that is likely to benefit are the trial lawyers and we will be paying them out of our increased insurance premiums.
    Well his employment of a DD may have been the best thing he's ever done for the people.
  14. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    Bunch of nice looking secretaries...
  15. squigator

squigator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +104
    True and I have some friends that work for M&M. It's a tough business and they work their assess off.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ursidman

ursidman Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,126
    I proudly added my name to the petition. I haven't smoked in ~ 33 years but my wife has MS and suffers from pain with no known cause. The legal pain meds cause her to be even weaker than normal and are more habit forming than i remember MJ being.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. ufdocco

ufdocco Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +306
    It's called Marinol
  18. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,009
    Not even comparable. Ever wonder why pill heads are treated EXACTLY the same way as Heroin addicts? Because it's the SAME DAMN THING in pill form. Like comparing hard liquor to grape juice. Not even in the same league.

So, I'm curious. Why do you favor dumping money down a hole to keep pot illegal? The War on Drugs has done nothing to curb usage and all it does now is enrich criminals and criminal organizations. Why waste the tax dollars? Because it feels good to f with potheads?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,009
    Sure. If people want to throw their lives away, fine by me. I smoke pot. Just pulled a 19 hour day running two large projects and will be back tomorrow at 9 to finish it up. Just took a hit and getting ready for bed. But I'm the dumbest person you've ever met, huh?

On the other side is a former friend who got hooked on pills. Couldn't hold a job waiting tables at the easiest most profitable place you could hope to work. Just couldn't put them down. Told me he couldn't get out of bed without snorting a pill. Pathetic waste of a pretty good guy. No idea what he's doing these days. We all, basically, had to turn our backs on the guy as he had become completely worthless as a person and even friend.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,926
    The upsides and devastating downsides of drugs. I feel for your friend, really. Even if you had to turn your back--which is understandable, addiction can really brutal, living only for the next hit, turning folks lives inside out. Seen way too much of it-still do regularly. Yet, I would much rather see junkies get help than prison.
    • Agree Agree x 1