Florida Gators open season unranked in coaches poll

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Diesel350z, Jul 31, 2014.

1. ironhead1

ironhead1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +366
    Lol
    Not at all sir.
    It's offensive for some to get so defensive they begin the "bad fan"....BS at the very mention of anything less than over the top optimism for next year even in the face of what transpired years prior. (Oh...Injuries...Oh..bare cubbards...oh..bad offensive coordinators...oh..coaching staff guys fighting each other...blah..blah...fn blah....)

I took your post as a back handed slap to those of us who are less than enthused with the current leadership of our proud program.

I want Muschamp to succeed...I have seen very little evidence that he will. I have seen subtle signs...(South Carolina last year) that he may have at least a clue. I can honestly say the only game last year where I watched us play and thought...Wow, Muschamp had the team well prepared and ready to play was the South Carolina Loss.

I just don't see a reason for the hatred and smart ass remarks and constant digs at each other for differences of opinion. That's all.
    Yes, I've fallen in to the same trap.
    I have never...In my 33 years of ass in the seats passionate Gator fandom felt this way about the season. Not during Pell..... Hall...Or even Gary Darnell. Spurrier took us to new heights...and I never felt this way, even with Zook at the helm.
    I have NEVER felt so Apathetic about a football season in my entire adult life.
    Yes, I'll still be there. Yes, I'll support the team. Yes, I will still hope, that Muschamp can pull it all together. In the end, a new coach will set us back a year or two.

Back to the insults and outright hatred.......

Im used to that on Too Hot......Not on Swamp Gas.
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. swampbabe

swampbabe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +636
    Unprecedented? Hardly. Ray Ray was never a "lock" as far as I've heard and Julius got dumped because he wouldn't camp. DB is not a position of need right now so I don't quite understand why you're panties are in such a bunch.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,162
    Nobody referred to you as a "bad fan." There was no back-handed slap. Where is the hatred? Your perception is off and your p0st is full of exaggeration.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,953
    Well, the hatred on this forum is relentless. And tiresome.

Nothing back handed at all intended about my post. It was a straight up request for people to let the season play out withou the constant drumbeat of negative posts in every effing thread that gets opened in ths forum.

I expected Muschamp to be gone after GA Southern. Foley thought otherwise, so Muschamp is still our guy.

There is absolutely nothing to be gained by the relentless negative stuff that gets posted in here. it is not going to change who our coach is, and to the extent team members and families read this, it sure sn't going to help their frame of mind. And why would recruits want to be part of a fanbase that is relentlessly negative?

So how about we actually see how the team looks?

If they don't play well, there will be plenty of legit stuff to bitch about, and we can all talk about who the next coach is going to be.

But just maybe, they'll play well, and we can enjoy some Gator football.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. ironhead1

Ratings Received:
    +366
    Take it easy...I didn't say.."ME"
    Im speaking in general.

Please don't tell me you deny the "bad fan" stuff flying around the boards?
    You don't feel the hatred reeking off the pages?
    Do you read these threads?
    I mean, for all the panties in wads and , little children needing to grow up along with various other forms of insults, veiled insults ...all because we disagree on the coach?

lol

You deny this?
  6. g8rfan22

g8rfan22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,360
    The class isn't falling apart. You lose and gain recruits throughout the entire process.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. ironhead1

Ratings Received:
    +366
    Yes, He should have been fired after the Ga Southern Game.
    Yes, He is our coach and YES, deserves our support.

Hatred is tiresome and so is the sunshine pumping. That's what I meant by a two way street. If This Forum had all optimistic fans or all pessimistic fans no one would be here.
    We all need to take a step back and relax...Including me.

Please...Please don't start that BS about recruits and a negative fan base. Please.
    Show me a Perennial Top 10 program that is used to playing for and winning championships that has just finished up 4-8 that does not have negativity amongst it's fans...OK?

I do agree though....Its time, lets let them play.
  8. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,162
    Yes. I've been on the boards many years. If anything, this off-season has been relatively tame, as expectations have been tempered.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. g8rfan22

Ratings Received:
    +1,360
    I haven't seen the "bad fan" comment thrown around anytime recently.

I do take issue when it comes to the players; however that seems to be at a minimum, if at all.

I wholeheartedly agree with @OaktownGator that we just need to let the season play out.

After last season we have nowhere to go but up. If the injury bug stays away, I foresee a great season.

"In all kinds of weather, we all stick together" applies to CWM as well doesn't it?

One Nation...GATOR NATION!!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. co_gator89

co_gator89 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,288
    Well said. No coach worth his salt ever loses a game like that Georgia Southern game. He shouldn't have even been allowed to address the team in the locker room. But Foley dug himself a hole and now we're stuck with him for another season. I agree with another poster who said something similar. This is the first time where I don't feel any excitement about the upcoming season.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. g8rfan22

Ratings Received:
    +1,360
    Well to be honest, CWM didn't address the team after the game. He left it to the players to address the game. It was a very interesting scene after that game.

I'll share some of it as I don't think at this point RoPo would mind. It was a very emotional loss for them because many of them knew it was the breaking point. The fiasco in the locker room after the game that most of you know led to a little shoving and yelling. Decisions to leave early were already made at that point. RoPo came up to me after the game with tears in his eyes. He gave me a hug and hugged my kids and said "Thank you for always loving us and supporting us even when we've let you down." My reply to him was "Hold your head up bro. You're a Florida Gator. We'll always be proud of you win or lose."

I know that CWM did say the game was on the coaches. It was the perfect trap game with fsu coming to town. With an already crappy season CWM wanted nothing more than to ruin fsu's season.

That's not an excuse for losing though. At no point ever again will you see The Gators lose to a team like gsu.

I'm not a "Sunshine Pumper". I'm a believer in the players and the staff we have this season.

Is it August 30th yet?? Revenge Tour!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +691
    It's dumb to worry about recruiting in July. We are in it for several top kids. If we do well this year, a lot of them will commit and we'll have another strong class. If we don't. they don't commit and WM is fired. It will work itself out.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. 1big_mfer

1big_mfer Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +136
    One of the things that bothers me the most about this coaching staff was how things were handled after the Sugar Bowl loss. And I don't think the team has been the same since. Players making excuses that they weren't motivated enough or were disappointed they weren't in the NC game is BS to me. It's the coaching staff's JOB to get the team ready for a BCS bowl game. Who knows what really happened then. This year no more excuses.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +816
    It was a loss, so in fans' eyes its sort of a no-win situation, the loss makes whatever the coaches did the wrong thing.

UF coaches and players said nothing different than the Bama coaches and players did after the Utah bowl game loss in 2009, or the Oklahoma bowl game loss this past year.

Sometimes you have to credit the other team, we knocked the snot out of Teddy Bridgewater but he completed pass after pass after pass, he played great.

Add that to some ill-timed UF turnovers, and presto, we lost.

To say that one loss in a bowl game for nothing is the thing that bothers you most sounds ridiculous. If you think players making excuses justifies firing coaches then Nick Saban should be fired.

Shows you how ridiculous your statement is.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. 1big_mfer

1big_mfer Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +136
    It's not the loss itself, but the whole mental attitude of the team itself. I don't know if the problem is leadership of the coaching staff or leadership of the players. To me, there is something missing and I hope that changes this year. The 2009 Gators didn't quit, they went out to prove something.
    • Like Like x 1