Florida Football: Scrimmage Recap 8-15-14

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Aug 15, 2014.

1. ETGator1

ETGator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +180
    LMAO! It would later be known to be season ending if it was tweaked.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ETGator1

Ratings Received:
    +180
    Imagine, you disagreeing with me again when I'm right. It seems you would learn a new tact.

BTW, I watched the video, twice. It's you who needs to watch and be more observant.
  3. rmfleone06

rmfleone06 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +198
    Driskel def does not get sacked in this video.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ETGator1

Ratings Received:
    +180
    Ok, I was wrong - put it on full screen and it turned out to be #8 Jacob Guy, not #6. (duh)
  5. rmfleone06

rmfleone06 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +198
    Third times the charm lol
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,930

You are still wrong you might want to watch it one more time

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. maxgator

maxgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +393
    You know what they say . . . third time's the charm. And I just realized rm beat me to it.:)
  8. DMann

DMann Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +575
    Never heard of a two-day recovery with a high ankle sprain. With wm a frontal lobotomy is a day to day. Just sayin'.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +611
    Two number 8s at QB, Guy and Mornhinweg, so it's easy to get confused.....except one is a 3 letter name and the other 157. I am pretty sure it wasn't Leon Orr. ;)
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ltraz

ltraz Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +200
    A high ankle sprain is usually a slow recovery based off it's location. Just like any other sprain though, it has grades and a Grade 1, while a high ankle, could be stable in a matter of days with just a little lingering pain. These types of high ankle sprains are the ones you don't hear about unless it's fall practice and there's nothing better to report about.
  11. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,139
    I'm curious how Fullwood got off the line without getting jammed or having to fake a move to the inside, then got open for the deep ball. Looks like he just takes off out of sprinters blocks and hits full speed at around 15 or 20 yards. If that's what it takes to for him to build full speed, let's just put him in motion and send him out on fluid, vertical routes. JC Jackson is one of our fastest DBs, but he didn't have a prayer on that play.

Don't know if that was a good omen for our offense or a bad one for the defense. If nothing else, it was a great throw and catch.
  12. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    When he was recruited I said he needs to be off the line or used in motion to get some space to get off press until he gets stronger. He is the Z WR for us so he is off the line.

Fulwood got open by making a double move he faked a stop route then went vertical. Similar too this play.

13. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,139
    Good eyes. It all happened too fast and the camera was too far away.

Given Fulwood's length and necessity for space, who do you think our other deep ball options are? Debose is both quick and fast, but not very physical. Robinson seems to be about the strongest WR we have and appears to have a top gear. I've heard a few stories about Worton somehow materializing behind the entire defense and making some good catches. I don't know if Dunbar has the jets but I don't trust anyone more when the ball is in the air. He's got great hands and does a terrific job adjusting his body to the trajectory of the ball.

That's just me though. You're the coach. Call a couple of deep ball plays.
  14. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,139
    Totally off the subject, but I ran into some old family friends on a beach vacation recently. My friend's husband was a PE teacher and assistant coach at Bishop Kinney before moving to Denver a few years ago. He knew Ahmad as a freshman and sophomore but hadn't heard what had become of him, bizarre since this guy is a huge Gator fan (his wife is John James' niece). He was astounded but very happy to hear how well Ahmad had done through his high school career and that he was playing for the Gators. He thought he had some talent but was awfully skinny. What he went on the most about was what a great kid he was, how smart and respectful he was, and what a supportive family he had. He would have guessed that Ahmad would have gone on to play D3 ball at some brainiac school.
  15. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,802
    My guesses... DRob, Debose, Thompson, Jones on wheel routes. In that order.

Although I haven't seen Worton. If he's beating our guys, he can do it to other teams for sure, and he's not going to draw top cover guys with our other threats on the field.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    I actually read it from the UF in house beat writer I think.

The players they have at the X are Dunabr Robinson Debose and Thompson. I think Dunbar will run a good 40 time at a combine I just dont think he plays that fast but he can get deep at times.

Robinson should be are best vertical threat he has the ball skills the speed the explosion of the line and the strength.

We saw Debose get deep against very good teams 2011. I cant believe I just typed that.

Thompson has the ability but I just dont see him playing much.

I think you leave Worton in the slot this year but he can get deep down the middle of the field. He could certainly play outside for us and will probably have to in the coming years.

Fulwood has the length to win 50/50 balls as well. We just have a lot more options than we have had in the recent past.

While there has been a emphasis on the vertical passing game in practice and by the fans and media. I think the horizontal passing game is more important in this offense.
  17. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,139
    Yes, let's get back down to earth and remember what the spread is all about, mismatches. I suspect we'll send WRs deep just to get our short routes open without any intention of hitting the deep guy. A high percentage horizontal passing game will set up some great running opportunities.
  18. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +6,802
    True, but this only works if we actually throw and hit some of those deep passes.

Otherwise SEC defenses will ignore the deep routes, hit us with run blitzes and jump our short routes.

Need to use the whole field successfully, then we'll be dangerous. And we have the athletes if our QB can get it down field accurately with some touch. It sounds like he's made some real strides there.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +6,802
    Not sure what you disagree with GatorAZ, but if you think you're going to beat a strong defense with no effective deep threat, you're fooling yourself.

The field will just get constricted, space will be much tougher to come by, and you'll set yourself up for pick 6s, and other TOs related to having the defense take up guest quarters in your backfield.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. BastogneGator

BastogneGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +559
    I think you will continue to see 8 or 9 guys in the box until we prove that we will try to go over the top. That being said I think Roper is the kind of guy to give it a shot. Ideally the offensive line can get some kind of push off the ball and then the defense will have to pick their poison.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1