"Florida Dressed Only 13 Healthy Defenders @ Mizzu"

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by gatorchamps0607, Oct 24, 2013.

1. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,710
    Is this true? I knew we had tons of injuries but I had no idea it was that bad.
  2. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +746
    Muschamp said but I don't think that's accurate because we played 11 then Jeremy Powell, Bostwick and Ivie were dressed and 'should have played' so that's 14 right there. Maybe he wasn't counting them since they're still redshirts?
  3. oneatatime

oneatatime Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +258
    this is the participation report from the Missouri game. Some might have only played special teams but it looks like more than 13 defenders dressed out

11 starters + at least Ball, Gorman, Cox and Purifoy played at least some snaps on defense. Don't know if Maye played any safety.

Florida

Pos

##

Defense

DE

Bullard,J.

NT

Orr,L.

DT

Cummings,D.

BUCK

Fowler,D.

MIKE

3M

Morrison,A.

WILL

Taylor,M.

CB

1H

Hargreaves,V.

S

Watkins,Ja.

S

Riggs,C.

CB

5R

Roberson,M.

NICK

Poole,B.

Florida: 1N-Ball,N., 2G-Gorman,J., 5-Fulwood,A., 8B-Brown,J., 8-Burton,T., 9V-Velez,F., 9-Pittman,L., 10-Showers,V., 11-Robinson,D., 15-Purifoy,L., 16-Hardin,A., 19-Townsend,J., 20-Maye,M., 21-Taylor,Kel., 25-Ajagbe,G., 28-Powell,J., 30-Mcneely,M., 34-Anzalone,A., 37-Herndon,M., 40-Davis,J., 42-Neal,K., 43-Crofoot,K., 46-Ferris,D., 63-Thurman,T., 70-Humphries,D., 74-Brown,T., 83-Patton,S., 94-Cox,B., 95-Mccalister,A..
  4. 93KSig

93KSig Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    Its all starters too. Really have to throw this year out the window when you have this many injuries. But look at missouri. They were decimated last year but rebounded with lots of experience and competition at all the positions. Maybe a silver lining if we keep our cool and give this staff another year. Terrible injuries from fall camp and it hasn't slowed, its one a week season ending isn't it? Maybe more?
  5. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,088
    I'm pretty sure that the important people are keeping their cool. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. traubgator

traubgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    still doesn't explain our offensive problems, unless some of those guys were going to suit up and play offense.
  7. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +529
    Noticed over the years that teams that go to war each week in an attempt to wear down the other team, wear down themselves. One team can wear down one team, but a whole season of war... adds up or in this case, subtracts.
  8. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,088
    A valid view on football philosophy. However, at this point I'd have to say the warring strategy is still the winning strategy.

Until finesse teams start winning titles over warring teams, one has to assume that warring is currently the best strategy.
  9. swoosh69

swoosh69 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +12
    This combined with all of the coaching turnover and resulting recruiting/attrition problems since 2009 says we need to give this staff more time to get the right players in place, develop them and execute their gameplan. 2014 might be better, but maybe not that much better.

The deep whole left in the program by Meyer's departure still hasn't healed, but they are trying to close it fast by recruiting guys like Cook and Grier. Let's hope they get the 2014 OL recruits they need for the future.

Also, in looking ahead to future years, I do believe there is still some entitlement somehow leftover from Jan. 2009...when I watch the games, I don't see intensity or sense of urgency on the field from our guys. Our offense looks scared/confused. Losing games to crap opponents is great motivation for next year. Sucks to lose, but might be just what this team needs for 2014/15.
  10. nwflgator_58

nwflgator_58 Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    We must still be short of scholorship players. I know last year, we supposedly had just 56.
  11. Claygator

Claygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +275
    56? How can that be?
  12. nwflgator_58

nwflgator_58 Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    I guess that Meyer's last couple of classes were short, then with attrition.
  13. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,314
    Oh it's bad, real bad. Normally teams might lose one or two #1's but we lost several #1's @ a few different positions. Mostly offense. #1 QB, RB, WR, OL, DT, SAM, NT. plus some back ups. Only thiny that amazes me is than people are calling for champs head because we lost to the #5, #7 bcs ranked team and a hot #6 lsu team. Not exactly scrubs. Please someone name a team o4 coach who won their division with these types of losses hell name a few if your real good.
  14. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +381
    I don't understand.
    Are we Ole Miss? Have we handed the title of Kings of the SEC over to Alabama and-gulp-Georgia? Are we now an Ole Miss level team that makes excuses for losses? ala our HC, who says we were one game away from another Natty?
    No excuses. Solutions.
    We have healthy, probably talented,freshman defenders who have yet to see action. Why weren't they dressed? Is this another example of poor preparation?
  15. ces1948

ces1948 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +125
    Yes, He's going to need until at least 2020 to get his system and his players in place. Of course by then they will have taken about half of the unneeded seats out of BHG ;-(
  16. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,710
    Injuries aren't excuses.

Look, I know on NCAA 2014 you've won 10 national championships in a row and I'm sure those studs you recruited were able to replace the starters with no problem since you could just smash buttons and turn them into a monster... but this is something we like to call "the real world". I know, its kind of a hard thing to grasp.. You know, video game vs real life.. There is a very thin line there. Maybe one day you can jump on over here to reality.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,314
    I think alabama kinda just took that title from us back in 2009 in atlanta. Poor tim, I just remember him and ....well him trying to do everything only to come up short. Our offensive woes I think started that year. You could see the writing on the wall. Tim was everything on that offense with little help elsewhere. Smh
  18. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +422
    That statement shows how great Tim was. He had us one game away from three times in four years of National Championships. However, I don't think even his greatness would help this team much.
  19. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,314
    Exactly! Defense was straight too!
  20. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +526
    Florida won two national championships with teams that would be considered in the "finesse" style of play-although they were actually far more physical under Meyer than some thought. Auburn won it all with a finesse team, and they capped off the regular season with a win over a 'Bama team that was very physical.

What 'Bama is doing under Saban is unprecedented; although it's not the only way. Alabama wins championships because they understand the fundamentals better than everybody else, they beat people up across the line of scrimmage, and have more talent than anybody else in college football. You can win a national title every year running almost any system doing what they do.