1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Fix My Shoulder Pain?

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by Allanon, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,778
    You know, you could actually turn lemons into lemonade here. Presumably, you're going to have to start back light and careful. So, you might consider adopting a bodybuilder's mindset. You can increase muscle mass by using lighter weights and really concentrating on the contraction. Enjoy the pump. Strength is a long-term project anyway. It'll come (or return).
  2. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +446
    I worked out all of September with my wife's 8 pound dumbbells for various exercises. I just did a ton of reps. Then I took November off to see if that helped my shoulder.
  3. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +1,778
    Can't vouch for your situation, but when I had biceps tendonitis I found that I could row fairly heavy (in the manner I recommended) and that I could bench press almost immediately, albeit with much lighter weight. So, I benched light, rowed heavy, and eventually got back to normal.
  4. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +364
    http://glennpendlay.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/got-tendonitis/

This might help.

Like I have said previously I have been working around tendonitis since 2000. It comes and goes but its pretty rare that I take full breaks to relieve it anymore. I have done that twice and it goes away but it does inevitably come back same as before.
  5. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +1,778
    That tendonitis doesn't really go away (sometimes I think it's like herpes, just lies dormant), is the reason I've had to settle on a low-volume/low-frequency/high-intensity sort of routine. Small doses are best. Yes, high-frequency/low-intensity training is all the rage today. But for me it's the volume, not the intensity. Right now my sole pressing movement is weighted pushups, once a week.