First time to Tiger stadium any advice??

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Oct 7, 2013.

1. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,121
    Would you advise after the game to just hang around for an hour or two so traffic subsides? We will be heading east on I-10 and I suspect traffic will be thick.

A few years ago my wife and I passed through BR on I-10 around 5:30 on a Friday heading east. It was bumper to bumper traffic moving at a snails pace. We were on the motorcycle when we heard a siren from an ambulance, it was headed our way. We got behind that thing and got through traffic in no time. It was so funny as cars made way for this ambulance and we were on it's tail. We laughed so hard passing these cars. I know we will have no such luck.
  2. zippyzee

zippyzee VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    Many years ago we went to N. O. with the Palm Beach County Gator Club. Stayed in N.O. and had a charter bus to the night game in Baton Rouge. Had free booze and food on board. Buses as far as the eye could see were parked in the bus lot. After the game we waited for an hour for six or eight fellow Gators in the group. They never showed up so back to N.O. we went without them. Next day the missing Gators arrived at the hotel in a shuttle taxi. Seems they stumbled onto the wrong bus and ended up in Corpus Christi, Brownsville or some other godforsaken place in Texas!