Firing Muschamp at season's end would be a bad idea.

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by CitRain12, Oct 22, 2013.

1. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +716 / 64 / -40
    At this rate, none.
  2. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Good points from Oak and Worm ... the general issue is a lack of experienced, talented depth that has only been made worse by injuries. As many have commented, this year was set up to be a transition (aka down) year because of this. Of course, this does not excuse the abysmal offense.
  3. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,163 / 16 / -5
    I don't want to fire Muschamp either, but the above is highly debatable!

I'm surprised bgator85 was the only one (that I saw) to take issue with it.
  4. g8r925

g8r925 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +370 / 3 / -0
    I see you are located in greenville, now I understand part of your frustration, being around all those clemson fans, on top of having to listen to USC fans yap their mouth. I lived in greenville for about half my life, and they are as bad as fsu fans to say the least especially when they are winning, which isn't very often.

As a fan I think it should be ok to expect to compete for the SEC every yr, we aren't bottom dwellers, but we will have injuries and turnover, but so do other teams. I just want our Offense to compete and be competent on the field.
  5. CitRain12

CitRain12 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +102 / 93 / -29
    It's not debatable. Texas gets any recruit they want, they have the LHN, more cash than than any other program, history, etc. USC has the history, LA, and the name brand like ND. UF has to compete with FSU, Miami, UGA, and Bama all within 300 mile radius or less of Gville. Texas blows UF's facilities outta the water. Does Snoop Dogg ever roam UF's sidelines? Will Ferell? UF is 3rd. Texas #1 and USC #2.
  6. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +274 / 79 / -16
    Snoop and Ferrell roamiing the sidelines is a draw?!?
  7. Brewski

Brewski Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +139 / 15 / -3
    Lol!
  8. milehighgator

milehighgator Member

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It's very simple. WM is the HEAD COACH and is responsible for NOT playing Kelvin Taylor MORE !! He should have started WEEk 1 ...with Matt Jones out...THAT ALONE shows he's in over his head..In addition, we all know the offense is not being run by Pease..Tyler Moore was beaten BADLY vs. UM in the second game..why wasn't he moved to Guard ?? Other teams have injuries: The Missouri QB (a freshman) torched us..Why is Murphy not as prepared vs. better competition as a 4th yr Junior ? Get Art Briles NOW !!! WM will NEVER win BIG !! He's a great D- Coord...Too involved with the offense and still thinks Fg's and punting is GOOD..Think about it; when you are playing around with your FG kicker and PUNTER...what does that say about our Off strategy ??
  9. gottapanda

gottapanda Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +85 / 2 / -6
    I don't know - what does that say about our offensive strategy?
  10. milehighgator

milehighgator Member

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Spurrier didn't even know his punter/kickers name...Will is playing for field position and FG's...it's important, BUT it's more important to have an offense with the BEST RB in the lineup, throw the ball downfield once in awhile, etc...Have a RT that can block. !!
  11. RodanX

RodanX Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +22 / 0 / -2
    This. How are we even having this conversation this year and especially after last year? The only thing threads like this do are 1) amuse FSU fans who are already on top of the world and 2) potentially create a self-fulfilling prophecy by surrounding the program in negativity. And maybe prove that some of our fans are as dumb as the Dawgs too, but I don't even see many of them calling for Richt's head since his entire offense is injured.

We have (when healthy) an elite defense. RB is going to be a strength position next year when we're healthy and Kelvin is seasoned. QB - we all know the issues there and they aren't Muschamp's fault. So a few of you want to talk about firing the guy why, because our OL is (greatly) underperforming and we're missing weapons at TE? The season after we almost go to the NC game?

I have an idea, lets fire Muschamp and hire a spread coach, then spend the next 2-3 years transitioning the entire team again. Then when that guy has a rocky stretch we can fire him too and keep the cycle going.

Seriously, the guy has put an elite defense on the field and is recruiting at a championship level. He must continue to perform and if we're still having these discussions a few years from now then maybe it will be time to move on, but this thread is just stupid.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 182 / -90
    I assume you like throwing the football do you think Kelvin Taylor was ready to pass pro the first game of the season?
    who would you put at RT?
    i
  13. RemainCalm

RemainCalm Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +182 / 43 / -9
    Psssst, take Mrs. Mushchamp's shades off and look around the country at what is going on at schools with lessor talent. They change coaches, styles of offensives and improve. Only at UF does it take 3 seasons and still get worse.
  14. Tipmoose

Tipmoose New Member

Ratings Received:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Oh you cheeky monkey...

[​IMG]
  15. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163 / 23 / -4
    No offense but this whole post is nonsense. First of all, no recruiting class is bigger than the program. You don't keep a coach you intend to fire to save a recruiting class. Some people wanted to keep Zook for that reason. How would that have worked out?

Second, UF is no different than any top school when it comes to expectations. You really think Texas fans are more reasonable? Most of them have wanted Brown fired for years, but their AD didn't have the stones to do it. And look where they are now. It's set their program back years. They will struggle to recover now that A&M has broken through.

And finally, the notion that any coach would turn us down for Texas or USC just shows a completely lack of understanding of how these things work. All three schools are top 5 jobs. No one is better that the other. What a coach will pick depends
    on the coach. Some people thought Meyer would never pick UF over ND, but he did. Some coaches would rather coach in the SEC. Some coaches have ties to the south and not the west coast. Some coaches would much rather work for an AD like Foley than anyone else. Some coaches would turn down UF for other reasons. It's much more complex that just saying USC and Texas are better jobs so we would get nobody anyway.
  16. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,686 / 108 / -27
    pst, nobody tell GCNumber7 that Texas was in the NC game 4 years ago and they won 9 games last year. Or that they're 4-2 now, which is not exactly a wrecked program, especially given they just beat Oklahoma.
  17. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163 / 23 / -4
    Exactly my point. Have you read the Texas boards the last couple of years? Yes, they wanted to get rid of him. They are no different than us. No top school is.
  18. Crocodilian

Crocodilian Member

Ratings Received:
    +14 / 6 / -0
    This doesn't even just apply to top schools. No school is ever satisfied with their coach unless they are getting better.

USF fans wanted to get rid of Leavitt and he built that program and made it a solid borderline top 25 program. After awhile that wasn't good enough anymore.

Hell...let Saban go through a few 7-5 seasons and the Tide fans will turn on him in a heartbeat.

This is not a unique characteristic of Florida fans
  19. BastogneGator

BastogneGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +88 / 4 / -3
    I disagree with the RB not "being ready to pass block" argument. The same argument was used when UF started Demps over Gilly and ran him between the tackles in a Veer type offense. If their primary purpose is pass blocking why not leaver Joyer or Ag back there. In my estimation it is an excuse for poor talent/player management. Of course there can be no measures of performance or measures of effectiveness to back either claim because you can't do comparative analysis. I cannot imagine 160 pounds of Jeff Demps inspired much terror amongst pass rushers...
  20. garettk

garettk Member

Ratings Received:
    +62 / 1 / -1
    I don't believe Muschamp should be fired, now nor at season end. I do believe that once a coach's future is decided, actions should be swift without regard to recruiting. Get it over with, and get on.
    • Like Like x 1