Finney-Smith, Prather and Harris Not Suspended?

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by MadduxFanII, Oct 9, 2013.

1. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    Rumors of Finney-Smith, Harris and Prather being suspended have been going around. Thus the title and topic of this thread.
  2. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +597
    Yup. And as we saw with Louisville this summer, made apparent today, often times nothing progresses past the rumor stage - even if there is substance to it. If this is something the coaches want to keep internal and think they can - they will if they deem it best.
  3. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +573
    Yes, and I agree with that approach. The kids are probably in some sort of trouble, but if it's still in some sort of process, it doesn't behoove you as coach to announce prematurely that they face suspensions. If you then renounce the suspensions as more facts come out or other punishments are accepted, the media will jump all over you as having no discipline.

Billy will do whatever is best for his program without sacrificing discipline or integrity.
  4. Go2gtr

Go2gtr Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +131
    I know the title and topic of the thread. But you went from rumor to declaring he was suspended in that post. Fact is you don't know if he is suspended. That's why I questioned it.
  5. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    Not to be argumentative, but Finney-Smith being suspended was sort of a stipulation for discussing why UF would announce Wilbekin's suspension but no anyone else. I do agree 10 posts down perhaps I could have said if, but it was to my mind implied. Sorry for any confusion, but again the thread was discussing why if others might be suspended would it be treated publically different than Wilbekin's.
  6. Go2gtr

Go2gtr Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +131
    I don't see you as being argumentative and I'm not trying to be either.

I appreciate you explaining this to me. I guess I hold with those who believe if they were suspended we would hear about it, just like Scottie.