Final NFL San Francisco 49ers. 42 vs Jacksonville Jaguars 10 in London, England.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by RayGator, Oct 27, 2013.

1. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +788
    Nobody has disputed any of this. For a team you find incredibly boring and worthless you seem to spend quite a bit of time posting about them. NFL starts and ends with the QB, it is priority and step number one in turning this thing around.
    I think CCH's point was there are a few good players on the defense and they're mainly in the secondary. Evans and Cyprien were good draft picks at safety and Will Blackmon has been solid. Unfortunately Gratz has been hampered by a high ankle sprain all season. He looked great in August though. The Dline is atrocious.
  2. swampspring

swampspring Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +573
    This I definitely agree with. They have a few pieces in place. Its building around them and getting a quality QB that is important. The lions were 0-16 or something abysmal like that during Calvin Johnson's first year. But he was a building block for a playoff team. I'm not saying the Jags, or anyone else for that matter, have anything like Calvin Johnson, but Blackmon can be an elite WR with a good QB. Cecil Shorts isn't too bad himself. I think the team is going in the right direction.
  3. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
  4. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +974
    The D is giving up 33 points a game. The O is scoring 10.8 points a game, both are last place.

I got a feeling it will take more and better players on both sides of the ball to do more than change names on jersey's.
  5. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +788
    The front seven on defense is awful. It's going to take a complete overhaul. Thing is the defense will actually compete for a bit but wears down quickly because the O is so abysmal. The O doesn't compete ever. You have good receivers and after that nothing.
    Jags lines on both sides are beyond embarrassing. Sucks that Joeckel is gone for the season. Rackley and Meester are not NFL players. My main gripe with Caldwell's draft last year was he did not address the lines. The Denard Robinson pick was awful, could have nabbed a guard there.
  6. sandmangator

sandmangator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +183
    With the trade deadline today, the jags should lose/trade Gabbert, Mercedes Lewis, Jones Drew, (he doesn't want to be here anyway, and he will blast the organization when he goes)

They will also mess up their number one draft position by going down a few spots to get more picks... They will lose the opportunity to get the best QB in Mariotta, and end up with ESPN hyped Bridgewater which throws all these dump passes with zero velocity, and long passes 20 25 yards ... LOL
  7. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +788
    Who in the world is going to trade a draft pick for Marcedes Lewis and especially Blaine Gabbert? If lucky you can maybe fetch a 5th or 6th for MJD.