Final 9/7/13 South Carolina Gamecocks 30 at Georgia Bulldogs 41

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by RayGator, Sep 3, 2013.

1. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,213
    You can just imagine the meltdown in Athens if the Bulldogs start the new season 0-2 !
  2. ActLikeYouCrow

ActLikeYouCrow Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    sc was 0-3 on 3rd downs after the delay when it was 27-10 and halfway through the 4th quarter. uga went 4-14 on 3rd downs against clemson in a close game in which they racked up 545 yards. not exactly getting how thats a sign georgia is better.
  3. FormerPoster

FormerPoster New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    You're missing the point. Clemson is a far better team than UNC, if you put South Carolina in that game, do you see them putting up 30+ points and going 4 quarters?

they're identical in 3rd down converson. yet Clemson has a much better Defense than UNC. i'm looking at USC (Good team) vs UNC (Bad Team) compared to UGA (Good team) vs Clemson (Good team). Now put Georgia @ home after coming off a tough loss. South Carolina loses by 14
  4. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,213
    Wow! I'm not saying UGA can't win (home field in the SEC is a big advantage) but SC losing by 14 would be a surprise. In this morning's paper I see that the Bulldogs are favored by 3 1/2, FWIW.
  5. acegator

acegator Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    I see the only 2 games that USC can lose in the SEC is our game and UGA's. Therefore to ensure that they have 2 losses (UGA and us) and UGA has 2 losses (us and LSU) I think we need UGA to win. We always seem to lose a game in the SEC so to ensure we go to Atanta and avoid the tie breakers, I think we need a UGA win.
  6. AlfaGator

AlfaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +112
    Ray I was at that game. We got to 50 on a pass to Doering. That play was called back on a penalty. SOS came back with the same route on the next play. TD and it counted this time. He got his 50:wave:.

Next year in the Swamp the Dwags won the coin flip. But, they gave SOS the ball (which is all he ever wanted, lol). TD on that first drive and the Mutts never recovered.

Watching Steve take Ray Goffs brain out of his head and play with it was soooooo much fun:tongue:.
  7. eastowest

eastowest Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +158
    SOS is 15-5 vs Uga
    11-1 UF
    4-4 SC..Having won the last 3
  8. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,213
    I sure remember both those games too. I was at the one in Gainesville but saw the other one in Athens on TV. And I remember that TD pass to Doering that got called back. What was funny was that the TV camera was focused right on Doering after that play. He stood there with his hands on his hips and a disgusted look on his face, because of the flag. And it was funny. Spurrier being Spurrier called the very same play again. You would think the Bulldogs D was not to be fooled again on the same play but they were! Doering caught the ball in the left part of the endzone, the exact same spot he had caiught the called back TD, and no Dawg near him! Another in your face moment from SOS to Coach "Goof"

:)
  9. eastowest

Ratings Received:
    +158
    94- Gainesville
    95- Athens
  10. AlfaGator

AlfaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +112
    Hmmmmm. My memory played a trick on me.lol:happy:.

1995: "Half a hundred" in Athens

With Jacksonville's rebuilt Jacksonville Municipal Stadium still under construction,[50] this traditional neutral-site showdown was held on the universities' campuses for the first time in over sixty years in 1994 and 1995.[6] After winning at "The Swamp" the previous season, the undefeated 1995 Florida Gators hoped to repeat the feat at Sanford Stadium against a struggling Georgia Bulldogs team led by soon-to-be-fired coach Ray Goff.[51][52]

Gators starting quarterback Danny Wuerffel threw for 242 yards and five touchdowns before leaving the game in the third quarter.[53] With the Gators leading 38–17 in the fourth quarter, Gators backup quarterback Eric Kresser threw for two more touchdowns, one with 1:21 remaining, to make the final score 52–17.[53] After the game, Gators coach Steve Spurrier stated that he had wanted to be the first opponent to hang "half a hundred" on the Bulldogs in their own stadium because "we heard no one had ever done that before."[54][55] The Gators' fifty-two points remains the record for most scored against Georgia "between the hedges."[56]
  11. LurkerExposed

LurkerExposed Member

Ratings Received:
    +28
    Both Clemson's and UNC's defenses were pretty equal statistically last season. Just because Clemson fared better defensively at home than UNC did on the road doesn't automatically mean they are better, but they could be. What needs to be remembered is that USC put up 200+ yds of offense and went up 17-0 in just the first quarter alone vs UNC. The 2nd qtr. was a bit of blah due to the long, 16-play drive UNC had thanks to a bogus facemask call that gave UNC life when it would've been a 4th and 17 on their own 38 yd line. They score their only TD of the game thanks to that call. USC still goes into halftime up 20-7 with around 260 yds of offense....

USC holds UNC to a lone FG in the 2nd half and scores a TD of it's own on a long run that extends their lead to 27-10. USC holds UNC and Fedora to one of his lowest ever scoring outputs and offensive yardage gains: UNC averaged upwards of 40 ppg last season and is expecting more of the same for 2013, but USC allowed them only 1 solitary FG...the ACC officials allowed them a gift TD. Clemson allowed UGA to romp up and down the field and score 30+ pts, and UGA also allowed CU's offense to gain nearly 500 yds and score 30+ of their own.

But Spurrier essentially shuts down the USC offense versus UNC in the 2nd half because it was un-needed.....they only attempt 3 pass attempts after halftime, and ran the ball in obvious situations where the UNC defense knew they were running and stacked the box. Had the game with the Tarheels been a back-and-forth, close scoring affair like the UGA-CU game was, do you honestly think USC's offense would have been what it ultimately was? They could have done much more offensively than they chose to do.

Perhaps UGA will force their hand tomorrow...
  12. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,213
    Listening to the talking heads on ESPN, Clowney's game will decide who wins this.
  13. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,213
    Spurrier has 15 wins over Georgia, more than any other coach.
  14. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +490
    This psychoanalysis of the first game with Clemson is quite humorous. Do people forget that Spurrier/SC won at Clemson last year with their back-up QB only making his second career start?

Given some SC injuries, I think GA has a good shot, but only given the corrupt SEC refs and homefield advantage. The game was 35-0 last year late in the 4th quarter.
  15. eastowest

Ratings Received:
    +158
    Im going to get my mind off that lost with this game.I guess I want Uga to win since SC has a easier schedule than Uga,but its hard to root for Uga
  16. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,213
    Herbstreit picked the Bulldogs.

Corso and Pollack picked the Gamecocks.

I have a feeling that a lot of UGA fans are not happy with David Pollack just like a lot of Gators are not happy with Jesse Palmer.
  17. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,213
    Gamecocks won the toss and Spurrier wants the ball! What a surprise! :)
  18. kalaniocc

kalaniocc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +712
    i hope uga loses to make this day a little less crappy
  19. eastowest

Ratings Received:
    +158
    I feel sorry for you today Ray(as the Mod)The masses are pretty upset today
  20. eastowest

Ratings Received:
    +158
    I cant root for Ga........Go Cocks
    BTW why does Ga's band play Glory,Glory aint that the Union song as they burned Atlanta to the ground on their way to Savannah ........lol