Final 10/17/13 #11. Miami (Fla.) Hurricanes 27 at North Carolina Tarheels 23

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by RayGator, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,054
    As opposed to...You? :laugh:
  2. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,915
    You must not have watched the game. We dominated that game from the start of the second quarter on... only problem is we got dominated in the only part of the field that counted offensively, the red zone. This was mainly due to Driskels poor decision making.

We are a better team than Miami, period.
  3. gator_chomp

gator_chomp New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    agree. if we played again they'd prolly beat us by the same margin if not more. what have we shown, besides having a good defense, to prove otherwise? we can't score points to save our lives.
  4. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +969
    I don't see how you can watch us play and watch them play and come to that conclusion.

We'll struggle to win 7-8 games this year and look ugly doing it.

I certainly believe that our horrible QB play cost us that game in Miami, but the games that have been played since then don't support the narrative that we are a better team. In fact, they point in the other direction.
  5. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,612
    And you are the most hated, with probably the biggest amount of fair weather fans in the nation. "Da u"... What a joke. Call us when you can fill a stadium. Oh wait, you don't even have a stadium! Haha please....

As for our game, you won, congrats... It took 5 turnovers to do it! And we still were with in one possession. LMAO.

And didn't you just about lose to NORTH CAROLINA last night?!? What is their record again?

Here's a thought......Go away. You're not wanted here... Ever.
  6. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +3,915
    Ill give you a hint, look at turnovers and red zone efficiency after the Murph took control.

We dominated Miami minus mistakes in the red zone. Just watch the game and fast forward it after we get into the red zone. They beat us but if you take away some dumb mistakes by Driskel (and play calling) in the redzone and trade them just for FG's, we win. If somehow we ended up getting TD's, it would have been a blowout.

Simply put, if Murphy plays against Miami with the way he has been playing, we beat Miami by A LOT. The only question now as opposed to when we played is if their offense would be effective with Dominique out. Our D straight up dominated them after we settled in. Its really not debatable, we dominated Miami besides where it counted most.
  7. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +3,915
    Reeeeeaaallllly?

So because we lost to a good LSU team, that would crush Miami, we haven't been playing better since the Miami game? Are you high or something?

Edit: I just now noticed who I responded to, eternally negative tommy, don't even know why I bothered responding...
  8. tommyuf21

Ratings Received:
    +969
    Compared to those who want the coach fired (and there are many), I'm an optimist.

I just look at the situation rationally and put my hatred for our opponents to the side when trying to be objective about our team.

We were a better team in early September, before injuries took their toll. Even as the "better" team, we still made too many mistakes and our weakness on the OL took their toll and cost us a ballgame that we should have won.

Since that day, we have not improved. We have regressed. Much of that is due to injury for sure, but regardless, we are not a better team than scUM right now.

With our inability to move the football and protect our QB, we would have a harder time with them and I don't think most impartial observers would disagree with me.
  9. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +3,915
    Yeah the team that just barely beat 1-5 North Carolina? LMFAO!

Good one! They are so good.
  10. tommyuf21

Ratings Received:
    +969
    I didn't say they were great, but they are better than us.
  11. tommyuf21

Ratings Received:
    +969
    And I predict that we'll struggle against every opponent we face from here on out (with the exception of Ga Southern), regardless of record.

Hopefully, we can win a few of those games, starting tomorrow. However, every week will be a struggle, just like the scUM's had last night.
  12. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +3,915
    Its very simple, we lost to LSU and you are overreacting. LSU is a good team, period. We looked better every game Murphy played in until last week. Your claim is false, we didn't regress, we only regressed against LSU.
  13. gator_chomp

gator_chomp New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    murphy couldnt even lead us to more than 6 points against an LSU defense. Kent State scored 13, UAB scored 17, TCU scored 27...we didn't crack double digits. those are the facts.

but i'm supposed to believe he'd be effective with a mediocre run game and average receivers against a team that had the #1 pass defense in the nation prior to last night?

ok lol
  14. tommyuf21

Ratings Received:
    +969
    I expected a loss to LSU and was not the least bit put off by it.

I am also not overvaluing our wins against UT, UK and Arky.

Yes, Murphy is a better QB than Driskel and its possible that he would have not made the same mistakes against scUM. In fact, I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have.

However, with the injuries that we have incurred since early September, we are nowhere near as good a team as the one that lost that day.

If Taylor steps up and we start to run the ball effectively again, maybe my mind changes, but until that happens, we are what we are. We are among one of the worst offenses in FBS. We are going to struggle to move the ball against any team we play and if we played scUM again, we would struggle against them too.
  15. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +3,915
    Murphy couldnt lead us to more than 6 points or our Oline couldn't block enough to make that happen? No running game, no passing protection, what do you expect?
  16. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +3,915
    Ill give you the injuries, but I still don't see that we regressed after the Miami game. We played better, especially when Murph took over.

As far as overvaluing those games, we don't have to do that. We just simply have to look at Jeff's performances, and this offense for that matter, against weaker competition. In almost all games, Murph has made our offense look better than Driskel could, against any defense. LSU was different but I believe our OL is at fault WAY more than Murph.
  17. tommyuf21

Ratings Received:
    +969
    Without Murph doing such a good job replacing Driskel, we're 2-4 at best and on our way to a losing season.

Our OL is really getting exposed against the better teams and any team that can score points and has talented skill players on offense puts even more pressure on our team.

We have a chance against Missouri because of their freshman QB. If we can rattle him and score points on defense, we can win it. Poodles, Carolina and FSU will give us problems unless we can figure out how to block again.

Due to those problems, we have regressed since September 7th and would struggle a lot more against scUM.
  18. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,347
    tommy is a great poster on Gator Country. Def not an eternally negative contributor.
  19. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,054
    Now, now, Tommy, don't dissent. You may be labelled a troll...

I wonder if Champs blamed Rex for losing those games to Ole Miss and LSU back in 2002?