Feel for Kyle Christy

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by GATORDONE, Nov 21, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,759
    LOL at what this thread has turned into. Maye was bad his first two games and they moved a veteran back there and another older player passed him up for the number two spot isnt that how it is supposed to be? Watkins and Gorman have played well all year
  2. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    I don't know what we're hoarding all these red shirts for. We're 4-6 and the majority of his one good recruiting class aren't contributing at all or getting any experience. Maybe in 2017 we will be awesome and I will be thanking him for it, but he needs to worry more about 2014 right now.
  3. dalwood13

dalwood13 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    Just to clarify though, just because LSU didn't directly score of those touchbacks does not mean they were not critical errors. If they were able to flip the field position, especially in a game played in that style, it is a big deal. I understand you are obviously going to pull for your kid and probably feel slighted but as you pointed out, Townsend has been better, on average, and without those big mistakes. Once the redshirt is burned, you might as well play the best. Honestly, and don't take this personally, you should probably take a break from posting about the punting situation.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,879
    Nah, poppa gets it and is level-headed about this stuff.
  5. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,879
    Eh, I understand the ambiguity in what Will said, though.
  6. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,831
    Well Muschamp's coaching this year has been unacceptable.
  7. maxgator

maxgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +281
    Why is it necessary to insinuate that he has an alcohol problem or a problem with women? Unless you know something, don't do that to the kid please.

And enough with the overuse of ellipses... geez.
  8. ETGator1

ETGator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +174
    I don't think Johnny is kicking at a level that Kyle has already shown he can kick at in his first two seasons. I don't know what was going on with Kyle earlier this season, but something caused a change in his performance from the last two seasons compared to this season. What would a Kyle year 3 vs Kyle years 1 & 2 comparison yield?
  9. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +633
    I would not have pulled Townsend's redshirt despite Kyle's struggles. But it is quite ironic that in one thread we have people complaining about benching Kyle and people complaining about not using more freshman and sticking with vets.

Kyle has destroyed the ball in warmups thru the year, but it just wasn't translating to the games for whatever reason. Once Townsend played I think Kyle was in the tough position of having to clearly beat him out. As Mr Christie himself has pointed out Townsend's numbers are slightly better (although not as good as Kyle last year). I would add in that Townsend also did a great job with some bad snaps last week and got a horrible break on a punt that should have been downed inside the five.
    My hope is that Kyle regains his form and Townsend redshirts next year. He still could use more leg strength
  10. UFcody

UFcody Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    It really just comes down to one player making a few mistakes and another not making any.

When player A and Player B are performing at a similar level but Player A makes a few mistakes, while player B has been fairly mistake-free you go with Player B.

I don't agree with Muschamp's wording though. Townsend hasn't been "excellent" this year, he's just been a little above-average.
  11. el_lagarto

el_lagarto Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +313
    [​IMG]

good lord man. have you ever seen kickers and punters at practice? coaching a punter. hey kid, do what youve been doing for the last 10 years. K ? good job.

not fond of how a punter has been coached. jeez almighty, thats rich. and by rich i mean something else.
  12. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,831
    It's not that simple. It is apparent his mechanics are off, as well as the mental aspect of the game. Coaching improves that and is usually the difference between and average player and a great player. I think paying someone 2 million per year would get that done.
  13. austingator

austingator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +402
    Wish Boom would do the same for other positions on this team. I mean Ball yanks his helmet off after making a play and cost us great field position and momentum which ultimately contributed to the UGA loss and he keeps right on playing. Little tough guy Patton slaps a UGA player right in front of the referee and costs us a first down inside the UGA ten yard line and ultimately contributing to a missed field goal and he keeps right on playing. The list goes on as these are just two examples.
  14. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,831

How can you teach discipline when you are not disciplined yourself?
  15. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,512
    Muschamp would probably be out of a job already if Kyle hadn't helped us win so many games last year.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. maxgator

maxgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +281
    I get what poppa is saying . . . that the statistics show that there isn't any difference. But, I'm guessing that they aren't spending a lot of time looking at statistics.

So, it boils down to Johnny is the starter unless he starts doing significantly worse.

I don't think that is necessarily fair, but I can understand how it happens.
  17. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,831
    So true...
  18. gator07

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Exactly. Those are way more critical errors than what Kyle did and those were done intentionally.

It just doesn't add up. No discipline or consistency from the coach, no discipline or consistency from the team.
  19. g8rfan22

g8rfan22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +833
    I'm not 100% sure Ball's helmet com in off was all his fault. I thought, and I believe he said something to the same effect, that it was kicked when he was coming up and it came off then. I could be wrong. As far as Solo, he was a target from the start. Although he should have kept his cool, I don't blame him for retaliating.

Kyle's issue is completely different and I wish him the best because he is a fantastic player.
  20. gator07

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Like he said those are just two examples. Don't get caught up in just those. Burton against Miami is another.