Federal authorities charge white ‘knockout’ suspect with hate crime

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GT Gator, Dec 26, 2013.

1. GT Gator

GT Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +185
    A better question would have been: has anyone ever been Federally prosecuted for a black - on - white hate crime?
  2. creekgator

creekgator Member

Ratings Received:
    +4
    About as often as the IRS targets Liberal groups
  3. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,054
    He could have killed the old man. Screw him. Lock his azz up and keep him for a long time.
  4. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +916
    http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/hate-crime/2012/topic-pages/offenders/offenders_final

By race
    In 2012, race was reported for 5,331 known hate crime offenders. Of these offenders:
    • 54.6 percent were white.
    • 23.3 percent were black.
    • 8.8 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (multiple races, group).
    • 0.9 percent were Asian/Pacific Islander.
    • 0.9 percent were American Indian/Alaskan Native.
    • 11.5 percent were unknown. (Based on Table 9.)
  5. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +496
    The question too long for you to answer? Hypocrisy, anyone?

Then, of course, we have the Bill Murray accomplishment noted in Stripes: "Convicted? Never convicted." It's like a black pastor never being convicted of endorsing a political candidate from the pulpit.
  6. GT Gator

Ratings Received:
    +185
    While certainly interesting, you chart has nothing to do with Federal prosecution of hate crimes. It also doesn't disclose how many of the black that were prosecuted where for black-on-white crimes.

And, as long as you were linking to FBI statistics, I really wish you would have linked to this one:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...d_known_offenders_by_bias_motivation_2012.xls

This table shows that it's nearly 4 times more likely that someone is prosecute for anti-black crime than an anti-white crime.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  7. GT Gator

Ratings Received:
    +185
    It took a while to find this, but this just shows how incredibly rare it is for the Feds to get involved with hate crime prosecution. From this PDF by the DOJ (see page 70) that discusses procescutions between 2009 and 2012:

That's a mere 15 cases in 3 years -- only 5 cases per year! The document then goes on to discuss some examples o their prosecution and none were from black-on-white hate crimes.
  8. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,922
    Just for clarification, the FBI table you posted was of cases reported by local police departments--over 1500 departments for slightly over 6,000 incidents. Over 75% of the cases (3 out of 4) were for misdemeanors including simple assaults (39.6%) and intimidation (37.5%). The 6k made up about .05% of all crimes (12 million).

Of the 6k plus cases, many were likely not even prosecuted as hate crimes (some were likely pled out as something else). Also, given the small percentage and small number of cases and the fact that they were spread around to over 1500 police departments suggests that most places rarely arrest for crimes that have clear bias. So yes, whites are more likely to be arrested for hate crimes than blacks, but overwhelmingly most offenders are not arrested under hate crime statutes.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  9. squigator

squigator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +104
    The only problem I have with the hate crime prosecution of the idiotic white guy is the additional cost to taxpayers to prosecute him. As for the black idiots that are committing the bulk of the knockout crimes, if we took their welfare benefits away from them and/or their parents when they are found guilty this game would come to an end real quick.
  10. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,896
    This idiot, Barrett, wouldn't have likely done this had our Infotainment sector not sent the "dozens" <gasp> of attacks through the hype cycle.
  11. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,337
    Yeah, I'm typically skeptical of the "TV/media/violent video games made them do it" argument, but this guy quite literally stated the cause and effect of his actions, if we are to take them at face value.
  12. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,896
    We can still be accountable because we watch that crap. Well, I don't. But enough people do to make this stuff profitable.

Barrett likely would have perpetrated some other heinous act in the future.
  13. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +267
    Hate crime laws=unequal protection based on race or if you are a homo. Funny-blacks and homos don't seem to complain about being treated differently in hate crime cases.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. surfn1080

surfn1080 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +146
    White guy does it, federal charges. Black guy does it, normal charges...
  15. surfn1080

surfn1080 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +146
    Curious to what your argument point is here....
  16. wcj786

wcj786 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +125
    Personally, I say everybody should get a concealed carry permit and then shoot the person who engages in the "knockout" game, if they are the victim. Also, shoot to kill. Eliminate them from the gene pool, as they have shown they do not deserve to remain in it.

If that offends anybody, then that is your "liberal" problem, not mine. People who deliberately go around breaking the law in such manner have shown that they do not deserve any sympathy or continued life.

And, while discussing this, some of you might want to come back at me for hypocrisy because I posted against abortion on that thread. But, the two have no similarities at all. One, the unborn child has no choice in what happens while the worthless collection of DNA made a deliberate choice to commit the crime.

If it were my kid who committed the crime and I found out, first, I would beat the sh!t out of him, then I would turn him in to the police. I would not put up with any child of mine doing something like this and would show him exactly how it feels before turning his (or her) @ss over to the cops.
  17. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,462
    should be obvious. Jersey asked if a black person had ever been charged with a hate crime after an example had already been given on the thread.