Fat Letters

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by MeyerIsBack, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +805
    I just don't get the impression that you've paid the least bit attention. Kids aren't markedly heavier than they were fifty years ago. They are not getting markedly less activity than thirty years ago. Kids don't become obese because they eat too many ding-dongs. Obesity is highly heritable. And there is no credible evidence that obesity does not cause the diseases that it is blamed for. Stop the silliness. And stop being a busybody.
  2. gator1986

gator1986 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    Hmmmm.. Is this serious or facetious? What I've learned is those who intake more calories and fat calories ( ding dongs ) with less activity gain significantly more fatty weight. Kids are getting by far less exercise in modern days than in years past, and go do some research a meal from 20 years ago has usually 200-300 less calories in portion sizes than in today's modern obese portions. A McDonald's patty weight 1.6 ounces in 1955 and today is 8 ounces, that's an increase of 500% which is a 500% increase of calories and calories from fat. Pizza slices, by the two, have went from 500 to 850 in 20 years, thats two extra pounds a year, and 20 pounds a decade, and 40 pounds in 2 decades, im sure you can do the math. if you don't think people in America are more sedentary than in years past then you might need a reality check....
  3. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +805
    I'll take my studies. You can keep your bromides and tidy formulas. To repeat: kids are not markedly heavier than they were fifty years ago. And activity levels have not decreased since 1980.
  4. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +344
  5. gator1986

Ratings Received:
    +570
    Show me your "studies" then prove me wrong I won't mind it. Kids do not get the daily requirement of 1 hour of physical exercise everyday. You think because recess is an hour that all kids exercise an hour? A recent study shows 74% of parents rather sit in front of a tv for family time than go out, 42% say the growing technology is the problem, and 53% spend time playing video games with them. My cousin is obese, she was born just like everyone else in the family kind of chunky but as we got older we thinned out, she was thin while playing sports, but in the last 3 years has become more obese by what... Watching tv all day, and not playing sports no more. That's my studies I have witnessed it first hand, and there is absolutely no obesity in her family history, or mine at all. Kids get way less exercise than before, my local little league is down 30% with kid participants joining in the last 15 years!! 30%, not 2 or 4, but 30%, and why? Because parents are lazy themselves and don't want to spend the time or money on their kids. Do you know how many little fat kids I see everyday at our local little league, and pop Warner league, that are on their phones or hand held play stations the whole time?!! While their thinner and more active family member plays the sport?!? Like I said show me your studies and I would probably agree with you, until then I have my own.
  6. gator1986

Ratings Received:
    +570
    At LeafUF!!! Hahaha!! It's ok they're in great condition huh! And let me guess America says its McDonald's fault!!? Lol you can tell they get the daily adequate amount of physical exercise.. No question
  7. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +805
    Are you really going to sit there and argue that people get fat because they can't add worth a crap ? Last I checked, people eat because they're hungry. And some people get hungrier (and are less easily satisfied) than others.

But this is too important to subsist on anecdotes. Kids are not markedly heavier. And Americans are not markedly less active.