FAQ Men's Basketball Tickets

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by Gatorphilly, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Gatorphilly

Gatorphilly Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    This ticks me off. I went to men's basketball in Gatorzone.com, clicked on tickets and then faq to find out information about Gator basketball tickets (individual tickets go on sale next Tuesday at 10am). I click on faq and information about football tickets comes up, not information about men's basketball. If I was Billy Donovan, I'd be pissed. I'm not him and I am pissed. I know there is a 3 pack deal to get individual tickets for Kansas and Kentucky, but information about this isn't on gatorzone. It was a few months ago, but not anymore. There is going to be some misinformed fans come Tuesday when they look for individual tickets for UK or KU, because they will quickly find out about the 3 pack thing. This really ticks me off. What gives?? I want faq about basketball not football.
  2. hoopstar

hoopstar VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +224
    I can answer your question about the KY & KS games - they were long gone before they went on sale. Take a guess who got em?? Ill give you one clue. Wasn't Gator fans!!
  3. Gatorphilly

Gatorphilly Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    I wish someone could answer the question as to why when I click on faq for men's basketball tickets, football tickets information pops up and not basketball. That is what ticks me off.
  4. phideltdj

phideltdj Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +255
    Are you saying the Gator ticket office is selling tickets to UK and Kansas fans before they would sell them to Gators?
  5. hoopstar

hoopstar VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +224

Each visiting school gets an allotment of tiks. If they don't use them, they return them. Then they are sold. KS & KY do not return basketball tiks.
    Last season, Wis. & Marquette did not bring many if any fans thus the O-Dome was fairly empty for two made for TV matchups & great games. I can g'tee it will not be that way for k & k. They have two of the best basketball fan bases in college basketball. They travel & go wherever their team plays. It really is a sight to behold when you go to one of their games. Two super programs & fan bases.
    Most games you can get tiks outside with little to no problems. Except KY!!
  6. GboroGator

GboroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +319
    My guess is the 3-pack was on top of having to order season tickets. It sort of works like Football. Season ticket holders get first dibs..then single game allotments to the general public are made available.

Also the FAQ is for information about the Gator Ticket Office overall. There isn't a separate ticket FAQ page for each individual sport.
  7. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops Guest VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +823
    This not the case. Those tickets do not go on sale until next week. Our allotment has not yet been made available to UF fans. . . and certainly not to opposing fans as of yet.
  8. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops Guest VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +823
    Here is the deal - - - the UAA tied this three pack for the exact purpose of blocking UK and KU fans from grabbing up the seats. At least initially, the only way to purchase a ticket (unless a season ticket holder) is to buy the entire 3-pack. The thought, of course, is that a travelling fan is less likely to do this than buy a ticket to the single game he/she wants to attend. And so, the hope is Gator fans will buy this 3-pack and opposing fans will not. The ticket packages have NOT gone on sale yet. I believe that will happen next week. I will try to remember to post it when I find out.
    But reports that these games are sold out for Gator fans are entirely incorrect.
  9. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +375
    Tickets go on sale next week, which means info on ticket purchasing detail will be up next week for your reading pleasure.
  10. iam4uf

iam4uf Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +318
    The OP sounds like a troll. I have no problem navigating the site & finding the correct information about basketball tickets. I don't see where football tickets are a part of the basketball ticket section.