Fan Duel, Draft Kings, etc.

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Emmitto, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +558
    Does anyone here participate? I used the free codes you get on ESPN Radio to start accounts with each. So far, I haven't won a single, solitary dime.

I consistently come up, say 11.5 points short with the CBB and NBA contests. Now some of that is pure goofiness, as I've drafted two different NBA players now who didn't play (included D. Wade tonight). And in a contest or two I've finished further back than just a few points.

But typically I'm literally a dozen points short of the money. Does anyone have any good tips? I mean I'm a regular SportsCenter watcher and generally a pretty avid sports fan. I have to come up with this last bit of strategy so I can start bringing home some dough!
  2. BobK89

BobK89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +449
    Of course you are not cashing. That dude from Detroit who has won over $500k is taking your dough.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +558
    Damn that Chris Prince!
  4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +144
    If you care to share the codes, then I'd be happy to take a look.
  5. Gatorallstar1012

Gatorallstar1012 Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    I've done a lot on Fanduel, but never had much luck with basketball. It is a crap shoot most nights. I've had good luck with the football contests though, you will find you have a better chance at winning money once we get back to football season.
  6. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +558
    They change frequently and I've been playing for a little while now. But I'll be glad to post them when I hear them.
  7. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +558
    Update: I finally won. NHL triple play. Tied for the last paying spot so I had to split the dough. So I got $7.50 from $5.00.

Now that I've done a few, I'd recommend going with the juggernaut model. Pick two or three studs and then fill in the roster with cheap guys you hope will overperform tonight. I took Pavelski, Marleau, and Varlamov, then filled in with cheap guys. Varlamov had an off night but still scored OK because he got the win. Pavelski went wild and Marleau had a good night. Roman Josi and Brent Burns outscored their averages and only two of my cheap guys scored less than their averages.

When you do the NBA, all the top scorers have Lebron, KD, Harden, etc. If you don't you're sunk. I'm going with Melo and Love and Law tonight, with a bunch of dudes.
  8. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,608
    You used the Miami heat model: 3 studs surrounded with good role players. Good move, seems to have worked for him :)