Family of Winston Accuser to hold Press Conference this Friday

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Number16, Dec 11, 2013.

1. SmootyGator

SmootyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +289
    I might be mistaken, but I think that's the only thing Mike Tyson still denies...
  2. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +196
    The cops were notified an hour after it happened.
    also, if she wanted him to stop part way through, then he shoulda stopped.
  3. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +437
    I COMPLETELY agree that Megg's made himself look like a total ass. He probably did more damage to his own reputation, as well as Winston's and the FSU athletics department's during that press conference.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. atlantagator86

Ratings Received:
    +437
    I'm sure his lawyer has coached Winston on exactly how to respond to questions.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,794
    It would be a pleasant surprise that he comes in third or so in the voting, but unfortunately the Heisman doesn't mean "most outstanding" anymore, it means best fantasy football stats. Now if someone wants to organize a demonstration outside the Downtown Club (N.O.W.?) then I am okay with that.
  6. gatorgrl

gatorgrl Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +192
    I thought he came as close as he could, but maybe I'm wrong. Been a while.
  7. The_Ultimate_Gator

The_Ultimate_Gator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +190
    Well, I think the girl would dispute that she ever had consensual sex with Winston, but that's what Winston's football buddies (and sometimes tag-team-sex partners) say and they are apparently sticking to that story.

EDIT: I'm not convinced he did rape the girl, but I think the girl legitimately believes she was raped. She did suffer from some significant memory lapses (which could arguably result from post-traumatic stress, I guess) and her story apparently changed a few times when she talked to her friends, so I can see how her credibility played a role in the decision not to charge him. That said, she did have some bruising that, by description, is consistent with her story of being held down, so I also wouldn't have been surprised if he had been charged.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    • Boring Boring x 1
  8. BigSlick

BigSlick Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +119
    Why was she not at the Meggs Laugh-In press conference??? I would have been there to answer all the media's questions and tell the world this guy is a scumbag!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Tolliver

Tolliver New Member

Ratings Received:
    +33
    Disagree. She was inconsistent

The first report indicated she tried to kick her attacker off and resisted, but to no avail. In her follow-up reports she said she was not coherant enough to fight off her attacker and just laid there unable to resist while she was undressed, forced to have sex, dragged into a bathroom, then placed back on a bed and redressed.

But then she was coherant enough to hold onto her attacker while he drives her to a street corner and then she has the stamina to walk the rest of the way home.

Also, she cannot remember how she got into a taxi with these guys, but she can remember a broken door lock, remember the type of bed sheets, remember someone with dreads.....

Her stories don't add up.

Add in the statements of her friends that she was tipsy, but not fall down drunk, and therefore capable of making reasonable decisions and having free-will. That does not mesh with her statement of not being able to resist. Her blood alcohol level would not have been high enough to cause her to blackout either, plus her friends saying she was tipsy doesn't support blackout levels.
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,860
    As has been stated before, disjointed memory is pretty common among rape victims as with other victims of traumatic attacks. With the DNA evidence, the quick rape report, and the evidence of force (via documented bruises), this should have gone before a jury.

Of course, there also should have been an actual investigation (interview the suspect, the witnesses, the people at the bar, cab driver, get camera footage, phone records, send the samples in for testing on a timely basis, follow up on additional leads from doing an actual investigation)... if all of that or even just some of that had been done last December and January instead of just a half assed follow up this November, there likely would have been much more evidence to bring to bear.

Further, false rape reports are very rare. Nobody wants to go through a rape kit or the rest of the ordeal surrounding rape charges and court appearance. Additionally, whatever she initially told her roommates, they quickly called the police and called her parents - they clearly thought she needed support, and a crime needed to be reported.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. firstnole

firstnole New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    I will not engage in this conversation fully. But, I will like to point one thing out. The blood work (testing for alcohol and testing for 172 different drugs including date rape drugs) was done not only at FSU, but also done at the University of Florida. Most people don't know that. But the SAO did that just to have 2 different entities test the blood work. Neither blood work came up positive for any drugs.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  12. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,032
    He doesn't care, dude. Their QB is going to play against Auburn, and that's all that matters.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,860
    Good info... it was also sent in 40 days after it was collected.

Whether it was compromised, IDK... but that is clearly not the action of a law enforcement agency that is taking the investigation seriously and acting with due diligence.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. iwannaperfectseason

iwannaperfectseason Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +243
    They detect roofies (flunitrazepam) less than 1% of the time. The toxicology reports for drugs are worthless.

"ElSohly Laboratories had a contract from Roche to receive and test samples submitted by law enforcement agencies, and flunitrazepam was found in less than 1% of the 3,308 samples, as compared to 38% alcohol, 8% benzodiazepines other than flunitrazepam, 4% GHB, and 18% tetrahydrocannabinol.

Negrusz and Gaensslen [12] found the electron ionization gas chromatography- mass spectrometry method used by ElSohly did not provide enough sensitivity to detect flunitrazepam in urine after a single dose."

http://www.utexas.edu/research/cswr/gcattc/Rohypnol.pdf
    • Like Like x 2
  15. dkh

dkh New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    I have seen several posters mentioning that texts from her phone have been released.

Can someone link to where they are, or what page on the report they were on? I've somehow missed this.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. DowntownGator

DowntownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +259
    Alcohol is a drug or don't they teach that at FSU?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,414
    The documents are searchable by text. If you search for the word "raped" you'll find the text string saying "I spent last night in the hospital." "I got raped." "My parents are here." "I don't want to text about it."

One of her friends said in her interview that she has called the victim shortly after it apparently happened, and the victim told her she had been raped. A search for the word "raped" will find that part as well.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. G8RB8R

G8RB8R Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +132
    I seem to remember reading in one of the TPD reports released, that blood was only used to detect the BAC, and was never submitted for any drug testing, only the urine sample was used. I understood at the that time, urine was not to be as good for the testing of drug use, which proved inconclusive. The labs were never given the blood sample for further testing.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. atlantagator86

Ratings Received:
    +437
    I don't think it matters where the tests were done. I don't think anyone has suggested that the Tallahassee testing lab lied about the results or anything like that. I don't think labs have a vested interest in trying to tamper with evidence.

The question that has been asked here is about the 40 days between taking the samples and the tests actually being performed, and that many of the drugs would not have been detectable by any lab after that time period. I don't know that anybody here definitively knows the answer to that question.
  20. gatorpa

gatorpa Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +302
    I don't think if you have a TRO, you could hang out waiting for the other person to show up somewhere you knew they were going to be...
    • Disagree Disagree x 2